WotBS - Scouring of Gate Pass

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Seeing the carnage from upstairs, Aaron knows there should not be any left alive to have to worry about up there. Scanning the first floor, he watches the nimble elf woman somehow manage to stick the unfortunate thug like a pig, as blood flows all over the floor. Hearing Marda call him to assist, Aaron watches the lumbering Barrik move to the doorway, blocking it, yet throwing a glob of acid to the east.

He spies the side door, as he decides to try and head off the thug retreating. Answers were to be had...

Moving towards Barrik, Aaron pauses for a split second while he whispers to the falchion wielding warrior, "I will head him off through the side door..." before moving past Marda, the bleeding thug, and Shade, to move just outside the side door, examining his surroundings. He spots the thug around the corner, as he prepares to skewer the man, should he give him the chance.

[sblock=Aarons Movement]Ok, moving towards the spot right north of Barrik (30 feet movement) and then past Marda, the thug and Shade, to get to the spot right outside of the side door for his last 30' of movement. Judgement is at max this round, so +7 to hit with Bastard Sword, and Combat Reflexes for any AoO's presenting themselves. Should he spot anything worth mentioning, like more foes, he will call out to the rest about numbers and locations. Like "2 more North, 3 South"[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Combat over

Aaron rushes out the side door as the others finish the grusome task of taking out the remaining thugs. As quickly as it started the battle is over and except for the sounds of warning bells ringing throughout the city it is quiet, peaceful, everyone takes a deep breath glad to be alive.

In the alley Aaron finds two makeshift barricades blocking off both ends of the alley, but no more thugs.

[sblock=OOC] out of combat mode - RP time. [/sblock]

[sblock=Combat]
Code:
[U]Character               AC  HP  InHand/Condition[/U]
Marda                   19   [COLOR=white]8[/COLOR]  mace&shield/[B][I][COLOR=cyan]bless[/COLOR][/I][/B]
Barrik                  16  12  falchion/[B][I][COLOR=cyan]bless[/COLOR][/I][/B]
Celestial Dog           13   [COLOR=#ffff00]5[/COLOR]  na/none (4/10 rounds)
Thug1                   15 [COLOR=red]-10[/COLOR]  s.sword/[COLOR=red][I]dead[/I][/COLOR]
Thug2                   15 [COLOR=red]-10[/COLOR]  s.sword/[COLOR=red][I]dead[/I][/COLOR]
Fantalass               [COLOR=royalblue]15   [/COLOR][COLOR=white]5  [/COLOR]none/magearmor;[B][I][COLOR=cyan]bless[/COLOR][/I][/B]
Aaron                   17  [COLOR=orange]11[/COLOR]  b.sword/[B][I][COLOR=cyan]bless[/COLOR][/I][/B]
Scout3                  15 [COLOR=red]-[/COLOR][COLOR=red]10[/COLOR]  sap/[COLOR=red][I]dead[/I][/COLOR]
Shade                   16   9  raiper&s.sword/[B][I][COLOR=cyan]bless[/COLOR][/I][/B]
Scout4                  15 [COLOR=red]-10[/COLOR]  sap/[I][COLOR=red]dead[/COLOR][/I]
Torrent                 15  [COLOR=orange]14  [/COLOR]battleaxe/[B][I][COLOR=cyan]bless[/COLOR][/I][/B]
Thug5                   15   [COLOR=orange]3[/COLOR]  s.sword/none
Thug6                   15  [COLOR=red]-7[/COLOR]  s.sword/[I][COLOR=red]dying[/COLOR][/I]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
RECAP:
Marda - miss
Barrik - move, acid bolt hit
Celestial Dog - misses
Thug1 - dead
Thug2 - dead
Fantalass - healed
Aaron - double move
Scout3 - dead
Shade - killed thug #2
Scout4 - dead
Torrent - heals Fantalass
Thug5 - runs (x4) away
Thug6 - dead

ROLLS:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2674591/ - Barrik and dogs att[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
Seeing torrent handle the heals Marda gives her a sharp nod. She then looks to the first thug who seemed to be the leader of the group, but perhaps just the first to speak out and looks him over for anything of use. She comments, "We should be on our way soon."

((Perception to search 17 ))

To Torrent, "Are you to lead us to Rivereye Badgerface? And this depository, is it in the hands of the Resistance?"

Walking Dad

First Post
Fantalass

Fantalass nods a small 'thanks' to torrent. Then he explains: "As you see, I'm not the most expirienced on that sort of things. But I will do my best." To Marda: "Then lead on!"

[sblock=OOC]

Active: Mage armor (1 hr)
---

Fantalass
AC 11 (T11, FF10), HP 5/5, F +0,R+1,W+3

Acid Dart: 5/6 (+2, 1d6+1) (includes Point Blank bonus)

Prepared Spells:
DC = 10 + spell level + 3
Cantrips- 3, 1st- 2+1
0: Detect Magic, Message, Read Magic
1: Mage Armor - Color Spray, Feather Fall

Effects: -

XP: 0

Caty: AC 15 (T14, FF13), HP 2/2, F +2,R+2,W+3 (Imp. Evasion)

[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Aaron move to the fallen thug, checking his pulse. Removing his hand, he sees that it is bloodied, and the thug is beyond assistance. Turning back to Barrik, he calls out, "Is that one alive? We need one for some answers!"

Calling back to Marda, he says, "They are gone. Check for survivors."

Bowing swiftly his prayers come in quick succession. 'By Gracenys guidance, our foes are vanquished. May your blessings continue to show us our path, and may those fallen find peace...'

Keeping a watchful eye, he tries to see where these foes came from and under who's orders, as he rummages through the man's belongings as well as checking the alleyway and rooftops.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Barrik lets the man run, hoping he just leaves well enough alone and ignores Aaron's question. He sticks his head back into the tavern's common room, flames still going strong inside. With a scowl, he calls out, "Best to get the hell out of there, I imagine!"

He steps away and dismisses the dog, sending back to the holy realms with a quick thanks and a scratch behind the ears. The hulking half-orc wipes his falchion blade on a piece of cloth and looks around the deserted road. He mumbles, "Why are the warning bells still ringing? Unless... Oh, hell." He tosses a few Draconic oaths into the air as he shouts to the others, "We need to get moving now!"

Vertexx69

First Post
Shade, Elven Rogue

Shade glances around as she moves throughout the first floor. her stride is clam and measured, if very quick. "No :):):):) Shmendrick! We need to get to your contact now Torrent. We can't stop for anything. Not for your runny nose or your bleeding ass." She moves through the other door and out into the street.

Perception=22

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Torrent's wound had stopped bleeding but had not been healed all the way. It ran angry and red down her face from brow-line to the corner of her mouth.

After helping Fantalass up she smiled, though it looked peculair with this scar, "I'm sure you will prove your worth wizard. But everyone else is right we need to hurry now. If the depository was attacked Rivereye might not wait on us." She throws her satchel over her head and it clicks like it is full of bottles.

"Barrik lead the way, and perhaps Shade should follow behind a little ways behind to make sure we aren't followed by more of these," she kicks the dead thug Marda just got done searching. "Barnacle breathed scum."

The group rushes out into the wintery night, Barrik in the lead, but Torrent is nearby to give him directions. Marda and Aaron following next with Fantalss close behind them. And in the shadows behind the group Shade follows and keeps watch.

[sblock=OOC]
Marching order if no one objects -
Barrik
Torrent
Marda
Aaron
Fantalass
and about 20' behind - Shade

Marda found only one thing of interest about the dead thugs. Although they wear different styles of leathers and regular clothes they each wear a red armband. It has a black horse head on one side and single word written in a strange language on the other.

Shall we continue? [/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
The dwarf keeps the red armband and heads off with the others... (continue away) Watching for danger in the darkness with her keen eyes in the dark...

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The slush from the day has turned to ice making the travel a little slower than Torrent would like. And the bombing slows down and screeches fill the night sky, along with the bells.

"Sky Riders," Torrent says, although you all know of the griffions and riders who help defend the city. As you continue you hear fearful voices as people start to leave their homes and an orange omionus glow lights up the sky from behind the buildings ahead.

The group moves down about a block before turning to make their way to the the main road through Gate Pass. The side street is icy and as everyone picks their way carefully through they spot a man carrying a woman, two small children in tow.

"Help, please help" he calls feebly before slipping on the ice and falling onto the cold cobblestones.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases