Pathfinder 1E Scotley's and Leif's Constables of the 14th Ward - Main Action Thread [3.5E D&D] [IC 04]

Lou

Explorer
"I thank the Constables for your attention, your puissance, and your recommendation. I shall have one of my most trusted acolytes posted there beginning tomorrow eve, with a crossbow in hand. Now, is there aught else that I can do presently to aid you with your investigation into these murders? Perhaps, if you would not mind too much to induge an old man, you could rehearse once again for me the evidence which you have gathered so far? I can't help but think that there may be some tidbit that I have forgotten to tell you, so I ask this also to refresh my own memory," says the Patriarch from his door as he beckons the Constables back inside.

As Raul reenters the house, he adds, "Patriarch, a gong as well, if you will. Have the acolyte fire the crossbow and then hit the gong in case of emergency."

Leif

Adventurer
In the Patriarch's Abode

"Yes, of course, Constable, splendid idea that, I'll have a gong sent for at once."

KerlanRayne

Explorer
"Now, is there aught else that I can do presently to aid you with your investigation into these murders? Perhaps, if you would not mind too much to induge an old man, you could rehearse once again for me the evidence which you have gathered so far? I can't help but think that there may be some tidbit that I have forgotten to tell you, so I ask this also to refresh my own memory," says the Patriarch from his door as he beckons the Constables back inside.
"It's Tauvalek. Tau." He stands there with his hand to his chin, with eyes closed, obviously thinking. "Let's see. Undead creature that spawns lesser undead, likes cold weather, malice towards religious figures, possible cruel death, help from Orcus, rise as undead for vengeance, heavily built humanoind that shimmers in the moonlight." Tau's eye open once more, and focus on the Patriarch. "Have you thought of something that may be of help?"

Leif

Adventurer
In the Patriarch's Abode

"You there," says the Patriarch pointing at Brae, "You seem to like to talk, so come on, man, out with it! Let's hear all the evidence that you've managed to learn so far. Leave nothing out, tell me the nature of the crimes, the locations, the victims, and any clues that may perhaps point to the culprit. Start now, please?"

Scotley

Hero
"You there," says the Patriarch pointing at Brae, "You seem to like to talk, so come on, man, out with it! Let's hear all the evidence that you've managed to learn so far. Leave nothing out, tell me the nature of the crimes, the locations, the victims, and any clues that may perhaps point to the culprit. Start now, please?"

OOC: Hee hee hee, my Co-DM's cruel streak is showing. The arrival of cooler weather making your Lumbago act up?

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: "Cruel streak?" Hardly! I'm asking them to go over all the clues in one place so that they can more easily discern the mystery's solution. I thought I was being very helpful, thank you.

Rhun

First Post
"Yes, well..." Brae scratches at his beard. "My memory isn't what it once was. Tau, perhaps you could be so good as to explain?"

Leif

Adventurer
In the Patriarch's Abode

"Having a little trouble, there, are we? Allow me to assist your recollection," says the Patriarch as he begins to recite the history of this case as he knows it: "Every winter, about the time of the Advent of Meda, for the past several years, there is an ongoing series of murders. I hesitate to use the word 'series' as pertaining to these crimes, because the only thing that the crimes seem to share in common, as far as I know for certain, is that they are invariably perpetrated in the season of the Advent of Meda. The fist few times I just thought it was an unhappy coincidence, but by the third or fourth time, I began to question whether some enemy of Meda's might be behind these crimes, because I firmly believe that there is some connection with a clergyman of one stripe or another. Just what that connection may be, I do not know. I have done some divinations related to this, and I have learned from them that Meda's gravest enemies are not implicated, and yet I have also learned that some clergyman or other is somehow directly tied to the events, although it is usually the clergy of Barcarus. This is obvious even to the casual observer, though, because it seems that someone with ties to the clergy is victimized in one of the murders each year. We have asked the constbulary for help repeatedly, and most recently, a private band of investigators who call themselves the Fur Burners have offered their help. Some among Meda's clergy have encouraged them, perhaps too much, and while I they have not made any appreciable progress that I am aware of, the word around Clayfields is that they are supposedly 'on the case,' for whatever that is worth. But, no, I thought it best to reach out to the established constabulary and to our own Special Squad of investigators to help us. Do you have any additional questions for me just now?"

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
"Ah, well perhaps we should speak to these Fur Burners, just to see if they have discovered anything of worth."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases