Pathfinder 1E Scotley's and Leif's Constables of the 14th Ward - Main Action Thread [3.5E D&D] [IC 04]

J. Alexander

First Post
" if u gentlemen will indulge me briefly" andrew says" lets review each scenen ". Then takIng pen to paper he will mark eack scene in order that they occur , then he will draw connecting lines to find a centerpiint once found hecsays " i suggest we start doing a. Oncentruc search using this as a base poiny

Leif

Adventurer
" if u gentlemen will indulge me briefly" andrew says" lets review each scenen ". Then takIng pen to paper he will mark eack scene in order that they occur , then he will draw connecting lines to find a centerpiint once found hecsays " i suggest we start doing a. Oncentruc search using this as a base poiny
OOC: I understand this plan to call for a concentric search pattern to begin at the common epicenter of the sites of all the attacks. That about right, JA?

Rhun

First Post
"It is a thought, to be sure," says Brae of Andrew's suggestion. Then the cleric turns a stern eye to regard Bocephus. "Meda frowns upon such exploits, young man. Perhaps you would be better served finding a woman who is not already taken."

Leif

Adventurer
Bocephus

"Oh, thanky constable, but she's not being taken at the times I'm talking about! No, I don't care for that at all! Too many sausages spoils the beaver, I always say!"

Lou

Explorer
Ederaul Mamier

Raul kneels down to get to Bo's level, "Bo, I'll give you two silvers to find a beaver more to the cleric's liking if you can answer a question for us: There's been a song around about a cart driver who was hurt and lie in the snow for hours until he froze to death. A hooker, a priest, and an average guy walked by and left him to die, and they stole his money. The song is about a real cart driver who froze to death around here somewhere. Where was it exactly?"

Leif

Adventurer
Bocephus

OOC: For the sake of all of our stomachs, thanks, Lou, for only getting down on Bo's physical level!

"This is one-a-them word puzzles, ain't it? Seems like I may have heard this 'un afore. Now, I could say that this sounds like sumpin' I heard that happened just where Pulpit Alley crosses Sycamore Way, but I's knows you too well for dat, Constable! This is a trick, I know! Now this, this 'sportin' lady,' was she a half-orc?"

Lou

Explorer
Ederaul Mamier

Raul reaches into his pocket and pulls out a silver piece. "Pulpit Alley and Sycamore Way, you say. When was that?" Raul extends the silver piece towards Bo.

As soon as Bo answers, Raul says, "I've got the other silver piece here. What's the rest of the story about Pulpit Alley and Sycamore Way?"

Leif

Adventurer
Bocephus

Bo licks his lips at the mere sight of a silver coin! He's slavering so much he can barely talk as he chokes out, "Ida no, lemme fink...ah yeah, last winter it was I bleev. The story goes like this, and you can heers it sung as a song by the lesser good bards in Clayfields sometimes, *ahem* -- seems there'us dis dude. Good dude, 'n'all dat. He's drivin a wagon on the coldest night in Lauralie Summerhome in the past 50 years, and he's haulin' a load-a stoves. Good stoves, too, not them cheap'uns. 'Ne' ways, he has wagon trouble -- busts a spar 'n' cracks a wheel. He goes down. He's hurt some, but he might kin pull through if'n he gets sum help. So dis easy lass she flits by and sees 'im. Calls out for help, he does. She picks 'is pocket and leaves 'im lyin'. After awhile, a priest of Meda comes by, he cries out again. Priest is on his way to hear some other dude's confession and can't be bothered, so he crosses the road and goes on his way. Now here's where your version and what I heerd goes diffunt ways -- you heerd it uz a reglar dude next, and I heerd it was a ...." here Bo looks furtively all about left, right, up, down, as if he's trying to make sure that no one besides the Constables is listening, "wunna dem Dudes in da Bruthahood if'n ya knows whut I mean," Bo gives all a wink that would be extremely lewd if it wasn't so comical coming from the wee goblin, "You know, those Brothers, there's more than ten of 'em and less than twelve? Anway, this dude strips the wagon dude of every valuable left by the hoor, and then goes on 'is way, too. De Wagon Dude now has been froze, robbed, ignored, and had the last little bit of 'is dignity swiped. So he just ups and dies right there -- freezes to death right smack in the middle of a whole wagonload of stoves! The songs say that he diddun really die all the way, though, whutever that means..." Bocephus lets his words trail off into silence.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
"Is that what you was lookin' into? Some dude got rolled last winter. Don't seem like that would be important enough to be out here on such a cold and snowy night. Did you boys do sumthin' to put a bug up Iggy's arse that he got you down here working a Cold case." He chuckles at his own wit. "Hey wait, I heard that song three of four years ago. They always sing it 'last winter', but it has been around longer. Unless history is repeatin' itself." He laughs at that as well clearly happy to talk about something other than the brotherhood. "So about that silver..."

Remove ads