Pathfinder 1E Scotley's and Leif's Constables of the 14th Ward - Main Action Thread [3.5E D&D] [IC 04]

Lou

Explorer
Raul listens carefully to their new Constable's story about the slave trade and agrees with the knight. "Sounds like we have ogres to find in our hunt for this outsider."

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Ring of Slavers

ooc: My bad DeWar, Zane said hobgoblins not ogres, originally, but we'll modify that to Hobgoblins AND Ogres, ok?

Zane indicates that the rumors and news he has heard place the Monstrous Slavers in the mountains somewhere between twelve and twenty miles northwest of Lauralie Summerhome, which mountains are notorious for their harsh weather, lack of easily passable trails ("roads" are not even on the menu there), and a tendency towards brutish inhabitants who tend to eat travelers rather than begin a dialogue with them. Some of the rumors would place ogres among the smaller of the local inhabitants.

Now, Tauvelak Dusksprocket has heard rumors that the Lauralie Conjurers Academy [LCA] has had some arrangement with Lauralie Summerhome to maintain magical wards against such beasts, at least from time to time, if not continuously. It may be that an expedition to this place could find (hire/buy) some help from the LCA.....

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
"While an old fashioned ogre hunt does sound like fun, I have to question how we are going to find and reach these ogres in the mountains. The road here to see Sir UpJohn was treacherous enough. Perhaps we have some friends at the LCA that could aid us with some magical transportation?

Scotley

Hero
"While an old fashioned ogre hunt does sound like fun, I have to question how we are going to find and reach these ogres in the mountains. The road here to see Sir UpJohn was treacherous enough. Perhaps we have some friends at the LCA that could aid us with some magical transportation?

OOC: Anything is possible if you have the coin...

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: You can BILL anything you like to him, or to the 14th Ward Magistrate's Office, actually. Whether he'll order it to be paid is another matter, entirely. He may just have it withheld from your wages. And he might totally blow a gasket. I don't recommend billing it to Magistrate Ironshirt, his personal account, that is. I can't emphasize that last statement enough.

Leif

Adventurer
Meeting with Ignatius Ironshirt

Time is advanced to when the Squad arrives back in their office in the 14th Ward of Lauralie Summerhome. Ignatius Ironshirt, the grouchy Dwarvish Magistrate of the 14th Ward, demonstrates his usual surly demeanor by gruffly greeting the Constables,

” 'Bout time you sluggards came to work – don't think that I don't know how cozy and buddy-buddy you are with Sir Upjohn. A mission to his manse is basically a vacation for you. In fact, I think I'll just charge this time against your accumulated vacation time, not that you had that much coming. Anyway, I see Zane Harper found you. He is one of your coastal brethren, a “Constable by the Sea” as it were. His home Ward is the 16th, across Sorcerer's Bay where he works for Magistrate “Sarge” Knuckles, your old buddy, SoulFetter.”

[OOC: SoulFetter, you remember hearing about a group of new Constables being hired in the 16th, or seeing a notice in "Constables Monthly," or something, and the name Zane Harper rings a vague bell in that regard, but you never made his acquaintance. And, yes, this is new info about Sarge being Magistrate of the 16th, he was just an innkeeper when you knew him better. Evidently he was bitten by the politics bug, or else he just got tired of seeing the 16th Ward slip down the drain.]

"Anyway," continues Iggy, "Constable Harper has put in his paperwork to tansfer to the 14th, as well as bringing with him a pile of new work for everyone. It seems that the ring of hobgoblin slavers that have been a thorn in Constable Knuckles' side for some time have now been pretty much contained but the investigation has led to their "masters" as it were, who are a band of ogres in the mountains outside the 14th. Now, knowing those mountains like the Dwarf I am, something occurs to me -- in the relatively low altitudes by Sorcerer's Bay, the slavers were mainly hobgoblins. As elevation increased, so did the size of the slavers, so we have more ogre slavers around the level of the city. And you know that the mountains continue to climb well-above this level. Let's just hope that the trail of the slavers ends before things get too out of hand regarding their swelling height. But, like I said, I do know that there are some frightful creatures back in the heart of those mountains, and we can all thank the LCA for maintaining the safeguards that protect the city from them," he nods at Constable Tauvelak Dusksprocket (Tau).

OOC: "Constables Monthly" is a one-page newspaper that mysteriously appears on an irregular, but quasi-monthly basis, the inside of the door of the only stall in the constables loo of the 14th Ward Magistrates Office. Outside the lone stall, there is a pot mounted on the wall with a drain that empties into the sewers of the 13th Ward, what Mowgli lovingly refers to as a 'pissoir.'

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases