The Key to Victory

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Mal sits quietly, continuing to eat at his rations, wondering just how long they would survive out here in the wilderness. When the voice comes, he ignores it for now, knowing that though it told them to go away, he had no intention of doing so. He had something to finish here, and he would do so...

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Stepping put from behind a tree the three men are surprised by the tiny woman that emerges bow (arrow nocked) in hand.

"You!" she says excitedly putting down the bow, and address Trinham. "You were with Jareth the other day is he here? Why are you here? This is dangerous if the others found you they would just shot first." she says looking to the trees all about.

Trinham is shocked to see the red haired half-elf Tira standing before him garbed as if she were a forester or warder in all greens and browns.

[sblock=OOC] A nat 20 and now you are all friends LOL [/sblock]

Last edited:

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham watches the woman as she emerges from the trees and smiles when he recognises Tira. Slowly taking his hands from behind is head he says "Hello again Tira. Sorry Jareth is not here. The last time I saw him he was heading back to the manor looking for you. We did invite him but he declined. Although I believe he intends to follow once he finds you. As to what we are doing, the short answer is rescuing your father. The long answer is every complected and will take longer to explain. Especially as I'm still not sure of all the twists. So Tira. You implied that its not safe here. Do you know anywhere we can go to talk?"

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"And who says we are alone? As you seem to have hidden allies... so do I. You say we are in danger, yet so are you. Now, put down the arrow, but keep your bow about you. As Trinham said, the short version is that we are sent to rescue your father, it would seem, as well as another task that may yet end this war with as little bloodshed as possible."

Mal simply stands, stretching, as he waits for the answer from the woman.

Lughart

First Post
"Hidden allies aside, we are nothing without our manners! Cedric Chindler, possibly at your service depending on how this all turns out." Cedric stands up and gives the half elf a deep bow. "My sullen friend here will remain anonymous if he so wishes, and it seems you have allready met Trinham.

Our goals are as honorable as our methods, but I too must insist on a more relaxed tone if this conversation is to bear any fruit."
He hints at the arrow, imagining all the ways it can make him hurt. He is not used to being around battle, no matter how much he has read about it in old manuscripts.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"My.. my father," the young girl says silently almost a whisper. Then she shakes the red curls of her hair revealing the slight points to her ears.

"My father he isn't here. Do you know where you are? This is 'The Farshaw Forest' named after the human lands of Fanshaw, the first humans to treat with the Nandirly. But those times are long done it seems." she looks away sadly.

Rubbing an arm across her nose she looks again and asks, "You said you were here to rescue my father? That isn't who needs rescuing. Wait did Jareth send you in his place? Is he coming? I have to watch the river in case he starts across." the triad catches everyone off guard with the new intensity in her voice.

"Honorable or not, I said you should leave and I wasn't lying the Guard kills humans who stray over here now." She finishes starting to head towards the river. "Come on."

ghostcat

First Post
As Tira says "My.. my father" like that, Trinham suddenly realises that he has mis-interpreted what Vance meant. Actually blushing, he says "I'm sorry Tira. For one moment I mistakenly thought that Tharivol was your father. Please forgive me."

"Its actually, Tharivol we are going to rescue. We believe that the Nandirly are holding him prisoner and are planning to execute him. As we have other business in the forest, which we will explain when we have more time, we undertook to rescue him at the same time."

"As for Jareth. We offered to accompany him but he is determined to do it by himself. Last time I saw him he was heading back to the manor to find you."

So far Trinham's tone had been light and friendly but it turned resolute as he continued. "We have been given a mission which could stop the war with the Traylor and we mean to complete it, regardless of the dangers." His tone softens again as he finishes "We would, however, appreciate your help but will continue with or without you."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Tira stops dead still at Trinham's words. She turns eyes shining from the tears still held in them. "Jareth want's to... to do this alone? Are you... wait you are here to save Tharivol?" she looks about unease.

"Come, come hurry," she says intently. She starts back towards the trees, not heading deeper in, but not heading for the river either.

The group follows cautiously keeping an eye out for whatever it is Tira "saw". After a short walk Tira leads them up a small gnoll that has a good view of Harkon Manor across the river.

"We can not talk in the open," she says moving some brush from in front of a narrow cave entrance. "You can hide in here and I can watch for Jareth, he will come. I know he will."

The small entrance opens to a wider "room" with a soft dirt floor. There is pieces of broken boards and other old debir scattered about. Another passage leads off into the dark from the entrance.

Tira takes a spot squatting near the entrance the brush again helping to conceal the cave. "Now what is all that about a way to stop the Treylor from warring agianst us. And how is it you know what is happening to Tharivol? Did Jareth tell you?" she asks not taking her eyes from the river.

[sblock=Harkon from across the river]
eilean_donan_castle.jpg
[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"If you plan on waiting for him, then you will wait alone. He was given the chance, more than once, to come with our aid. He does not want our aid, and has chosen to snub us. Now, unless you plan on shooting me with that arrow, I bid you farewell, as I have a mission to complete."

Turning to Cedric and Trinham, he asks, "Are you two staying or going?"

Last edited:

Lughart

First Post
"I leave with you, Mal. Sorry Tira, but Jareth was strongly against travelling with anyone but you anyway." He turns bach to Mal. "However, we could stay and exchange what we know with Tira first. She may have information that could help us."

Cedric points at the passage into the dark. "Tira, do you know where this leads?"

Remove ads