The Key to Victory

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Knowing that Jareth's ability allows him a greater advantage than charging in would, Mal looks over at Haden, an simply waits. "When you fall, your lackeys will not be shown compassion, unless they drop their weapons..."

[sblock=Delay]Will wait for Jareth to act, as I think they should team up on whatever they decide to do. Mal has seen the chain in action, and knows it can trip. Hopefully Jareth has an answer for Haden, and Mal will bide his time.[/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth braces for an assault... when the foe simply pauses. The young man's expression turns to near-surprise. He mutters to Malaroc, "Start your spear-tossing after I cast."

Then he turns his attention fully to Haden. "You start the fight, then are afraid to get in the fray?" he scoffs. "Fine. Have it your way."

Jareth takes a step forward and changes his grip, holding onto just one end of the chain and spinning it at full extension. Casually, he removes one hand from the weapon while keeping it aloft, though he changes swing direction. As the weapon undulates like a striking serpent, he barks out the words to a spell and quickly performs the gestures with his open right hand. The chain snaps forward (as a distraction) and the spell finishes, sending a necrotic black bolt at Haden's chest!

[sblock=OOC]
5-ft. step forward, cast Ray of Enfeeblement at Haden. (Somehow, my earlier statblock neglected my spent spells against the Mimic... This time, it's accurate.)

Jareth AC 17, HP 34/34
Quick Cast: Used 0/1
Spells:
0-level: Used 0/6
1-level: Used 4/6
2-level: Used 0/3
[/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
Trinhams face falls as his spell peters out just as it reaches Haden. It definitely shouldn't do that and Trinham can only conclude that he must hve some form of magic protection. Trinham is starting to get depressed again, another un-winnable fight and this time there is no possibility of rescue. From the depths of his despair, the spark of an idea form. Something that Archimedes once said suddenly starts to make sense. Trinham thinks that he knows how do it but isn't sure he has the power. However, now is the time to try before everyone moves.

Trinham tries to cast his new spell and can feel the power starting to build then it suddenly collapses. He knows that he has almost got it but it needs a bit more work. Therefore, deciding to stick with what he knows, he points, articulates "Flecha" and three more sparks shoot out from his fingers and slam into Desnor.

[sblock=Action]Cast Magic Missile at Desnor

Sorry about messing up the dice rolls, it will teach me to post at bedtime. MM Damage should be (1d4+3=4) + (2d4=3) giving (3d4+3=7)[/sblock][sblock=Statblock]Defence: AC 15, HP 19/23

Attack:
Crossbow, Light +5 1d8 19-20/x2 80'
Dagger +4 1d4+1 19-20/x2
Dagger (Thrown) +5 1d4 19-20/x2 10'
Longsword +4 1d8+1 19-20/x2

Saves: Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4

Crossbow Bolts: 30, 29, 28, ??

Code:
[b]Active Spells:[/b]
[i]Spell                    Rounds Remaining[/i]
Protection from Arrows             2,996 round/44 damage.

[sblock="Spell List"]Sorcerer Level 0 Spells: Daze, Detect magic, Flare, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand.
Sorcerer Level 1 Spells: Color Spray, Grease, Magic Missile
Sorcerer level 2 Spells: Protection from Arrows
[/sblock][sblock="Spells Per Day"]0 Level: (X) (_) (_) (_) (_)
1 Level: (X) (X) (X) (X) (_) (_)
2 Level: (X) (X) (_) (_)[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Tutting frustratedly Aver calls, "Come on you goat loving, syphilitic, inbred, horse buggering, moron. To chicken to come to us? You are brave enough to bully women aren't you hero?"

He sends another arrow forth, aiming for the injured thug but seeing it whistle wide of the mark, saving his few spells for when things begin getting serious.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OOC: Updating jackslate45 you may take Ern's turn as I make some rolls and then I will go for Haden and company.

Desnor bellows in pain and then yells, "Wizard! Take out the wizard!" Suddenly crossbow bolts are flying all about Trinham in an attempt to take him out of the fight. The glowing scythe marches towards him as well and barely scratches him as it attacks.

[sblock=Combat]
Posted in INIT Order
Code:
Character       AC  HP  InHand/Condition
Ernestine       13   [COLOR=#ffff00]7[/COLOR]  c.bow/none
Haden           19  43  d.guantlet/[I][COLOR=lime]aura-unknown[/COLOR][/I][COLOR=white];[COLOR=orange][I]ready[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]
T[COLOR=white]hug            16  12[/COLOR][COLOR=white]  club[/COLOR]/[I][COLOR=orange]ready[/COLOR][/I]
T[COLOR=white]hug            16  12[/COLOR][COLOR=white]  c.bo[/COLOR]w/none
T[COLOR=white]hug            16   [/COLOR][COLOR=white][COLOR=yellow]6[/COLOR]  c.bo[/COLOR]w/none
Aver            [COLOR=white][COLOR=yellowgreen]18[/COLOR]   [/COLOR][COLOR=white][COLOR=yellow]6[/COLOR]  s.bo[/COLOR]w/[I][COLOR=yellowgreen]cover[/COLOR][/I]
Cedric          [COLOR=white][COLOR=royalblue]17[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=white][COLOR=yellow]   5[/COLOR]  c.bo[/COLOR]w/[COLOR=royalblue][I]mage armor[/I][/COLOR]
Tira            18  ??  s.bow/none
Jareth          [COLOR=white]17[/COLOR]  34  spikedchain/none
Malaroc         16  [COLOR=white][COLOR=yellow]17[/COLOR]  d.g[/COLOR]auntlets/[I][COLOR=olive]aura-DR1/magic[/COLOR][/I][COLOR=cyan][I][COLOR=white];[/COLOR][COLOR=plum]pro.arrows(50)[/COLOR][/I][/COLOR]
Thugs(3)        [COLOR=yellowgreen]20[/COLOR]  12  c.bow/[COLOR=yellowgreen]cover[/COLOR](in trees)
Trinham         15  [COLOR=yellow]17[/COLOR]  c.bow/[I][COLOR=plum]pro.arrows(44)[/COLOR][/I]
Desnor          18  [COLOR=yellow]29[/COLOR]  none/none
[/sblock]
[sblock=Actions]
Round 2:
Ernestine - attack (miss)
Haden - move, ready action... not used
Thugs(2) - (crossbows) attack one hit (dmg: 2)
Thug - (club) ready action... not used
Aver - attack (miss)
Malaroc - atack (miss)
Cedric - attack (miss)
Tira - attack (miss)
Jareth - cast ray of enfeeblement (miss)
Thugs(3) - attacking (all misses)
Trinham - MM vs Desnor (dmg: 7)
Desnor - direct spiritual weapon at Trinham, move attack (miss)[/sblock]

Attachments

• K2V - rd3.jpg
    K2V - rd3.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
Knowing she only has one chance at this, Ernestine prays to every god that she could think of at the moment. Taking one careful step forward, she reloads and takes aim, but starts going over the spell sequence in her head to make Haden finally fall at her feet.
[sblock=Actions]
Free: 5' step forward
Move: Reload
Standard: Ready to cast Grease if Haden moves forward to engage. DC 16 Reflex. (10 + 1+ SF(Conjuration) + Int(4)
[/sblock]

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
With a scowl Aver continues his sniping hoping for some better luck this time... But instead he manages to clip the cart with his arrow sending it ricocheting off a full dozen feet from his target. "Flaming fluffy crap weasels!" He curses in utter disgust.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Ernestine watches Haden's slow advance and when he is within range she casts her spell catching the man off guard. Haden falls to his hands and knees in the slick grease. Outraged at the attempt to make him a fool he bellows out in rage...

"RAWWRR!!"
his roar is almost like that of a dragon and as everyone watches the man's wide open mouth seems to dislocate at the jaw dropping it lower and opening his mouth wider. Then the roaring stops and the man belches out a spray of burning acid. The green bile sprays forth over both Malaroc and Jareth.

The thug with the club steps up to finish Malaroc but the kamati blocks the blow with his gauntlet. Tira and Cedric both step up to help, the half-elf girl's arrow flies true but the thug's armor protects him from a serious wound. Cedris advances and starts to cast a spell. A light blue bolt flies forth catching the evil priest. "You won't kill me today!" he says thinking it was him and not Trinham the priest spoke of.

[sblock=Combat]
Posted in INIT Order
Code:
Character       AC  HP  InHand/Condition
Ernestine       13   [COLOR=#ffff00]7[/COLOR]  c.bow/none
Haden           [COLOR=Orange]??[/COLOR]  43  d.guantlet/[I][COLOR=lime]aura-unknown[/COLOR][/I][COLOR=white];[COLOR=orange][I]prone[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]
T[COLOR=white]hug            16  12[/COLOR][COLOR=white]  club[/COLOR]/none
T[COLOR=white]hug            16  12[/COLOR][COLOR=white]  c.bo[/COLOR]w/none
T[COLOR=white]hug            16   [/COLOR][COLOR=white][COLOR=yellow]6[/COLOR]  c.bo[/COLOR]w/none
[COLOR=white]Aver            [COLOR=YellowGreen]18[/COLOR]   [/COLOR][COLOR=white][COLOR=Yellow]6[/COLOR]  s.bow/[COLOR=YellowGreen][I]cover[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Cedric          [COLOR=white][COLOR=royalblue]17[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=white][COLOR=yellow]   5[/COLOR]  c.bo[/COLOR]w/[COLOR=royalblue][I]mage armor[/I][/COLOR]
Tira            18  ??  s.bow/none
Jareth          [COLOR=white]17[/COLOR]  34  spikedchain/none
Malaroc         16  [COLOR=white] [COLOR=Yellow]5[/COLOR]  d.g[/COLOR]auntlets/[I][COLOR=olive]aura-DR1/magic[/COLOR][/I][COLOR=cyan][I][COLOR=white];[/COLOR][COLOR=plum]pro.arrows(50)[/COLOR][/I][/COLOR]
Thugs(3)        [COLOR=yellowgreen]20[/COLOR]  12  c.bow/[COLOR=yellowgreen]cover[/COLOR](in trees)
Trinham         15  [COLOR=yellow]17[/COLOR]  c.bow/[I][COLOR=plum]pro.arrows(44)[/COLOR][/I]
Desnor          18  [COLOR=yellow]27[/COLOR]  none/none
[/sblock]
[sblock=Actions]
Round 3:
Ernestine - 5'step, cast grease
Haden - moved - Reflex failed(prone), breath weapon - (dmg: 13 Reflex for 1/2 DC 14)
Thugs(2) - (crossbows) attack Trinham(misses)
Thug - (club) move attack Mal (miss)
Aver - attack (miss) - You are a round ahead plz wait till after next round to post.
Malaroc - none yet
Cedric - move, MM vs Desnor (dmg: 2)
Tira - move attack thug (miss)
Jareth - none yet
Thugs(3) - none yet
Trinham - none yet
Desnor - none yet[/sblock]

Attachments

• K2V - rd3.5.jpg
    K2V - rd3.5.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Mal can only feel the uneasiness hit him, as the acid overwhelms him. He did not know what Haden was, only that he had more powers than Mal has been granted. This was going to be a fight to the death...

The acidic breath can not be escaped from, as the burning sends his mind back to the stench of wolves' hair burning. Shaking off the thought and keeping his wits, Mal strikes quickly, almost catching the thug clueless before he can block the possibly lethal blow. Instead a small wound appears, but blood is drawn. He turns to Jareth, with his wounds showing and simply moves behind the warrior for cover and a breather.

[sblock]TWF, Fighting Defensively, AC 18, HP 5 now (Fast Healing for allies within 30' and at less than 1/2 max hp, heal up to 1/2 max hp) Move 5 foot SE, which should place me directly SOUTH of Jareth one square.

Oh yeah, Status = SCREWED! ;)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads