The Key to Victory

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Ernestine starts to stir out of her stupor thanks to Malaroc's healing. Aver fires once more at the closest thug... <rolling>

Cedric steps up beside Jareth and looks at his wound. Knowing the man can handle himself he takes aim and fires. <rolling>

Tira runs up short sword still stained red.
"Jareth are you alright? What should we do? That tunnel we could escape down there, and regroup!" she says pointing with her sword.

<Jareth & Trinham are up.>

[sblock=Combat]
Posted in INIT Order
Code:
Character       AC  HP  InHand/Condition
Ernestine  [COLOR=White]     13  [/COLOR][COLOR=White][COLOR=Red]-1[/COLOR]  c.b[/COLOR]ow/[COLOR=Red][I]stable[/I][/COLOR]
Haden  [COLOR=White]         19  [/COLOR][COLOR=White][COLOR=Red]-2[/COLOR]  d.g[/COLOR]uantlet/[COLOR=Red][I]dead[/I][/COLOR]
T[COLOR=white]hug            16  12[/COLOR][COLOR=white]  c.bo[/COLOR]w/none
[COLOR=white]Aver            [COLOR=YellowGreen]18[/COLOR]   [/COLOR][COLOR=white][COLOR=Yellow]7[/COLOR]  s.bow/[COLOR=YellowGreen][I]cover[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Cedric          [COLOR=white][COLOR=royalblue]17[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=white][COLOR=yellow]   5[/COLOR]  c.bo[/COLOR]w/[COLOR=royalblue][I]mage armor[/I][/COLOR]
Tira            18  ??  s.sword/none
[COLOR=white]Jareth          17   [/COLOR][COLOR=White][COLOR=Yellow]9[/COLOR]  spikedchai[/COLOR]n/none
Malaroc         16  [COLOR=white] [COLOR=Yellow]6[/COLOR]  d.g[/COLOR]auntlets/[I][COLOR=olive]aura-healing1[/COLOR][/I][COLOR=cyan][I][COLOR=white];[/COLOR][COLOR=plum]pro.arrows(50)[/COLOR][/I][/COLOR]
Thugs(2)        [COLOR=yellowgreen]20[/COLOR]  12  c.bow/[COLOR=yellowgreen]cover[/COLOR](in trees)
Thug            [COLOR=yellowgreen]24[/COLOR]   [COLOR=Yellow]3[/COLOR]  c.bow/[COLOR=yellowgreen]cover[COLOR=White];[/COLOR][I][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]totalD[/COLOR][/I][/COLOR](in trees)
Trinham         15  [COLOR=Yellow]24[/COLOR]  c.bow/[I][COLOR=plum]pro.arrows(35)[/COLOR][/I]
Desnor          18  [COLOR=Yellow]19[/COLOR]  none/none
[/sblock]
[sblock=Actions]
Round 4:
Ernestine - gained 1 HP , none
Haden - stable - killed by Malaroc
Thug - attack Jareth (hit dmg: ??)
Aver - attack (rolling)
Malaroc - move, attacks hit/killed Haden
Cedric - move, attack (rolling)
Tira - double move
Jareth - none yet
Thugs(3) - none yet
Trinham - none yet
Desnor - none yet[/sblock]

Attachments

• K2V-rd5.5.jpg
    K2V-rd5.5.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham is feeling both elated and dejected. Elated because is spell actually worked. Depressed because Desnor, his main target, had managed to avoid the damage. Putting past events behind him, Trinham moves so he can get a good view of Desnor, whispers "Flecha" and dispatches another trio of missiles at the cleric.

[sblock=Action]Cast Magic Missile at Desnor[/sblock][sblock=Statblock]Defence: AC 15, HP 24/30

Attack:
Crossbow, Light +5 1d8 19-20/x2 80'
Dagger +4 1d4+1 19-20/x2
Dagger (Thrown) +5 1d4 19-20/x2 10'
Longsword +4 1d8+1 19-20/x2

Saves: Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4

Crossbow Bolts: 30, 29, 28, ??

Code:
[b]Active Spells:[/b]
[i]Spell                    Rounds Remaining[/i]
Protection from Arrows             2,995 round/35 damage.

[sblock="Spell List"]Sorcerer Level 0 Spells: Daze, Detect magic, Flare, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand.
Sorcerer Level 1 Spells: Color Spray, Grease, Magic Missile
Sorcerer level 2 Spells: Protection from Arrows
[/sblock][sblock="Spells Per Day"]0 Level: (X) (_) (_) (_) (_)
1 Level: (X) (X) (X) (X) (X) (X)
2 Level: (X) (X) (_) (_)
3 Level: (X) (_) (_)[/sblock][/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth grimaces, pulling the crossbow bolt out of his thigh and letting crimson pour from the wound. "We hold our ground, defend ourselves and wait for a moment. Then finish this." Jareth starts spinning the heads of his chain in opposite directions and different rhythms, the better to deflect incoming bolts. As the weapon spins, he bellows "Surrender now! Throw down your weapons and you will not be killed by us! Your leader is dead and you will follow if you do not yield!"

[sblock=OOC]
Going Total Defense to wait and heal up a bit from the aura... AC raised to 23.

Jareth AC 17, HP 9/34
Quick Cast: Used 0/1
Spells:
0-level: Used 0/6
1-level: Used 5/6
2-level: Used 0/3
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
While Malaroc and Jareth asks for their surrender, Desnor has no plans of the sort. "Kill them you fools! Kill them! Start with the kamati, kill the dragon shaman!"

Bolts rain down on Malaroc but luckly he is protected by Trinham's spell. Desnor sees they have no effect and whispers a spell of his own before vanishing out of sight of the group. <Jareth Will Save>

[sblock=Combat]
Posted in INIT Order
Code:
Character       AC  HP  InHand/Condition
Ernestine  [COLOR=White]     13  [/COLOR][COLOR=White][COLOR=Red]-1[/COLOR]  c.b[/COLOR]ow/[COLOR=Red][I]stable[/I][/COLOR]
Haden  [COLOR=White]         19 [COLOR=Red]-10[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=White]  d.g[/COLOR]uantlet/[COLOR=Red][I]dead[/I][/COLOR]
T[COLOR=white]hug            [COLOR=YellowGreen]20[/COLOR]  12[/COLOR][COLOR=white]  c.bo[/COLOR]w/[I][COLOR=YellowGreen]cover[/COLOR][/I](on ground)
[COLOR=white]Aver            [COLOR=YellowGreen]18[/COLOR]   [/COLOR][COLOR=white][COLOR=Yellow]7[/COLOR]  s.bow/[COLOR=YellowGreen][I]cover[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Cedric          [COLOR=white][COLOR=royalblue]17[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=white][COLOR=yellow]   5[/COLOR]  c.bo[/COLOR]w/[COLOR=royalblue][I]mage armor[/I][/COLOR]
Tira            18  ??  s.sword/none
[COLOR=white]Jareth          [COLOR=Cyan]23[/COLOR]  [COLOR=Yellow]10[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=White]  spikedchai[/COLOR]n/[COLOR=Cyan]TotalD[/COLOR]
Malaroc         16  [COLOR=white] [COLOR=Yellow]6[/COLOR]  d.g[/COLOR]auntlets/[I][COLOR=olive]aura-healing1[/COLOR][/I][COLOR=cyan][I][COLOR=white];[/COLOR][COLOR=plum]pro.arrows(45)[/COLOR][/I][/COLOR]
Thugs(2)        [COLOR=yellowgreen]20[/COLOR]  12  c.bow/[COLOR=yellowgreen]cover[/COLOR](in trees)
Thug            [COLOR=yellowgreen]20[/COLOR]   [COLOR=Yellow]3[/COLOR]  c.bow/[COLOR=yellowgreen]cover[/COLOR](in trees)
Trinham         15  [COLOR=Yellow]24[/COLOR]  c.bow/[I][COLOR=plum]pro.arrows(35)[/COLOR][/I]
Desnor          [COLOR=YellowGreen]22[/COLOR]   [COLOR=Yellow]6[/COLOR]  none/[I][COLOR=YellowGreen]cover[/COLOR][/I]
[/sblock]
[sblock=Actions]
Round 5:
Ernestine - gained 1 HP , none
Haden - stable - killed by Malaroc
Thug - attack Jareth (hit dmg: 8)
Aver - attack (miss)
Malaroc - move, attacks hit/killed Haden
Cedric - move, attack (miss)
Tira - double move
Jareth - total D - gain 1 HP
Thugs(3) - attacks rolled one to many so no attack on Tira all on Malaroc crit confirm rolling... (dmg: 5)
Trinham - magic missile (dmg: 13)
Desnor - casts spell, target Jareth Will save DC 16[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Ernestine is up and will be at 0hp so anything other than a move action causes 1hp dmg. Also map is the same as first post this page. Trinham no line of effect to Desnor[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
The same dream again. The nightmare that haunted Ernestine in her sleep is now as vividly real as ever. Maybe even more so, in her final moments. They say that life flashes by you as you are dying, but it seems that fate had instead loves playing a joke.

[sblock=Nightmare]
Haden, with that evil smile of him, stands with arms folder over a child no older than 8. The rest of the Reavers all stood around, laughing and pointing at the child, and at a rain soaked Ernestine. "What do we have here, my love? You should have said you had a child."

The child, of course, had not been hers. She had rescued him from the forest, and had been smart enough to not say who she was. However, Haden had found out. How? It didnt matter. She knew what was going to happen.

"You know the law, love. Kill him. Now."
"But he is a kid! How can you expect me t" "Because someone may have seen you, and now we have to go out of our way to make sure no one did. However, if you want to stay with us, you must kill him. DO IT!" Haden yelled.

A raging inferno in the background shows that the village even now was burning. A Reaver must never reveal himself or herself to others. If they do, they must be put to death. If a village knows of them, burn the village. This is always how it was. Ern had done her best to never be put into this situation, but it was too late.

Standing up, she started summoning something to finish it before Haden said "No. Do it yourself." Opening her mouth only caused Haden to yell "NOW BEFORE I KILL YOU MYSELF!"

The smell of burnt flesh still lingers as she draws her crossbow. Standing over the kid, tears can be seen rolling down his face. The elven boy whimpers in both common and elven, begging, pleading. "Don't, please! Lady!"

"I'm sorry."
The sound of a crossbow being fired.

[/sblock]

However, even as the inferno in her mind raged, and the smell of burnt flesh lingered, she did not fall into despair. Why? Was she finally at peace? Finally happy that she stood up to that evil man? Maybe. However, it did not matter now. She would die here, not able to do anything to protect those who fought with her. Not able to see anyone one last time.

The smell of burnt flesh finally over took her for real, and she opened her eyes. However, it the sight was not what she expected. She could hear the sounds of battle still going on. They were not out of the fight yet.

Lifting her head, she surveyed the field. There, not far from where she laid, was the body of Haden. Two gaping holes in his chest, and a smashed face told her the story at once. He was dead. He fell while she was unconscious, and someone finished him off before she could get a chance to. An act of mercy? An act of the gods? Who knows.

Grabbing her crossbow, which had fallen at her side, she lie on the ground, waiting for her strength to build back up.

OCC: Move action to grab the cross bow.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Cedric fires off another bolt. "Well we can't just stand here and trade fire they have all the cover for the god's sake, and I'm out of spells."

Aver takes another shoot at the treeline and seeing everyone gathered about he asks aloud, "What are you doing having a meeting without me?"

Tira looks to Jareth as the enemy continues to fire at the group. "They are right Jareth we..." she stares for a moment and then reaches out to place a hand on his arm. She tries to move it and it doesn't budge.

"OH NO!" she yells, "Malaroc help he's been spellbound!"

<Jareth affected by hold person. Malaroc is up, no big change to previous map.>

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham is quite happy to stand back and exchange missile fire with the thugs. However it occurs to him that if Jareth is espelled he could be vulnerable to missile fire. So Trinham runs to protect Jareth.

[sblock=Action]Double move action to the square adjacent to Jareth; between him and the woods.

Prepare to cast protection From Arrows on Jareth.[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"Spellbound? How the hell am I supposed to help with that? Protect him, and stay near, as my healing needs to keep us alive long enough to hold out on this spell he's under."

Mal then takes a defensive posture, calling out, "Kill Dresnor! Atone for your actions and I will let you live!"

[sblock=Actions]Full Defense, AC 21 I think now. Still healing aura, to keep everyone alive and healing slowly...[/sblock]

Remove ads