A Merc's Life: Howl of the Carrion King [03]

Leif

Adventurer
Houwlou Groulenas, Olcán Ranger4

Houwlou does his best to resist whatever it is!

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
   Houwlou Groulenas, Olcán Ranger
   Level: Ranger 4
   HP: 36/44     AC: 17  AC(T): 11   AC(FF): 16
 Init: +01    ST(F):+05  ST(R):+04    ST(W):+05
  Per: 15 (+2 Undead or Desert) HERO Points: 03

BAB: 04       CMB: +7     CMD: 18

Weapon                  Attack    Damage      Critical     Special
Longsword (MW)          +9        1d8+3       19-20/x2     +1 TH Gnolls
Dagger +1 (T)           +8 (+6)   1d4+2       19-20/x2     +3 TH/Damage
Longsword (MW)          +7        1d8+3       19-20/x2        (Undead)
  & Dagger +1           +6        1d4+2       19-20/x2     
Longsword (MW)          +5        1d8+3       19-20/x2     
  & Longsword           +4        1d8+1       19-20/x2     
Javelin   (M)           +5 (+3)   1d6+3          20/x2     Range 30'

Selected Skills (not all are shown)
Acrobatics -5; Appraise +4; Bluff +5; Climb +2; Diplomacy +3; 
Intimidate +3; Knowledge (nature) +9; Handle Animal +10; Heal +10;  
Perception +15; Profession (Guide) +10; Ride +3; Sense Motive +7; 
Spellcraft +10; Stealth +2; Survival +10; Swim -9

Spells Prepared:
Summon Nature's Ally I
[/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
Tsadok

As Tsadok joins the others, it is quite apparent that he is not well. He does his best to hide his illness and resulting insecurity but it is plain to those around him that he is just not himself. "I don't know guys, maybe this is what a near death experience feels like but it feels strangely something else."

Looking to Harney, "You look like you feel as off as I do. With things as crazy as they were yesterday, I was remiss in saying, 'thank you' for bringing me back from the brink." Looking to everyone, Tsadok states, "I have something I need to get off my chest." Tsadok looks around the room and then to the floor, appearing to be searching for something. "You all have been very good to me and I feel I should be completely honest with you. I am not human, though I appear to be. I am actually GránnaCuid, more commonly known as half-orc." Tsadok pauses to gauge his friend's reactions. If none seem appalled, he continues. "I keep this information close as I have seen the persecution that it brings, in fact my own mother was forced out of her town because of her love for my father and my father was also killed because of the prejudice of other races. I am lucky in that I do not display any of the physical attributes of other GránnaCuid which affords me a lot more freedom to do as I like without the fear of persecution. I hope this fact and my subsequent hiding it does not affect our friendship." Tsadok scans each of his friend's faces as he ends his profession.

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
   HP: 9/34     AC: 14   AC(T): 12   AC(FF): 12
 Init: +02    ST(F):+03   ST(R):+06    ST(W):+04
  Per:  08                       HERO Points: 00

Temp - Con:  14/15      Dex:  14/17

BAB: 03       CMB:+07     CMD: 19

Sap (MW)                +6        1d6+4          20/x2     Non-Lethal
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[*cough rasp cough*]
"I am doing just [*hack rasp cough *] fine thank you.
as for your [*cough rasp hack hack*] race, youur not bad for a [*cough hack cough hack hack cough*] human."

His dried cracke lips form a weak smile

Now about that spirit Howlou, It resembles that bridge demon [*hack*] sorta .. .. .. ..

Scotley

Hero
Keeland cannot keep the startled reaction completely off his face as Tsadok makes his revelation. But it is a reaction more of surprise than revulsion. "You bring us a startling revelation, but we are each of us unique and I do not see holding your race up as a reason not to trust you or work with you."

Leif

Adventurer

"I have something I need to get off my chest. I'm actually a whiskey-swilling orc-spawn bastard! [edited for maximum effect] I keep this information close as I have seen the persecution that it brings, in fact my own mother was forced out of her town because of her love for my father and my father was also killed because of the prejudice of other races. I am lucky in that I do not display any of the physical attributes of other GránnaCuid which affords me a lot more freedom to do as I like without the fear of persecution. I hope this fact and my subsequent hiding it does not affect our friendship." Tsadok scans each of his friend's faces as he ends his profession.

"You as a person is what is important. I even find the wolf kin tolarable-at times*cough cough*"
Houwlou says, "I quite agree with Harnrey, for once! HEYYYY!! WHADDAYA MEAN, 'TOLERABLE?' "

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:

Spells Prepared:
Summon Nature's Ally I
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer

"I have something I need to get off my chest. I'm actually a whiskey-swilling orc-spawn bastard! [edited for maximum effect] I keep this information close as I have seen the persecution that it brings, in fact my own mother was forced out of her town because of her love for my father and my father was also killed because of the prejudice of other races. I am lucky in that I do not display any of the physical attributes of other GránnaCuid which affords me a lot more freedom to do as I like without the fear of persecution. I hope this fact and my subsequent hiding it does not affect our friendship." Tsadok scans each of his friend's faces as he ends his profession.

"You as a person is what is important. I even find the wolf kin tolarable-at times*cough cough*"
Houwlou says, "I quite agree with Harnrey, for once! HEYYYY!! WHADDAYA MEAN, 'TOLERABLE?' "

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:

Spells Prepared:
Summon Nature's Ally I
[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
The cleric looks over each of the men and applies his magic to whichever one looks worse off.

OOC: Mowgli, if Tsadok took some Dex damage, then yes I'd likely have memorized one. But probably only one. Sorry Harnry (or Tsadok).

Cast Lesser Restoration (memorized instead of Weapon of Awe) on whomever seems worse for wear.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Aodhán judges that the impairment to Tsadok's ability to move nimbly is less important at this point than Harnry's ability to fight off the disease. He pushes Harnry down onto the bed and commands his stillness. He begins to pray, and the power of Lonrach fills his hands with a deep green liquid light, which the Cleric spills from his cupped palms over Harnry's chest. Soon the young Wizard is feeling much restored, though not to his full potential.

[sblock=OOC]Harnry regains the four points of Constitution Damage. Lesser Restoration can't restore ability drain.[/sblock]

[sblock=Harnry, Tsadok]I'll need each of you to make two DC18 Fortitude Saves, (using your current CON scores, of course). Don't forget your +1 for Keeland's Resistance.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=damage/drain]
[sblock=David]Harnry is still abed - hopefully the others will come for you but the bedridden thing is strictly role-play. What's not just role-play is that Harnry's taken 4 points of CON Damage and 1 point of CON Drain (Core Rulebook pg. 555) from some sort of fever he's contracted.[/sblock]

I have some questions that i will post in the ooc thread[/sblock]

re fort saves: uh oh!

Last edited:

Remove ads