Combat Style, Arena Fighting, and Technique Feats

lonebrendan

First Post
I've been through Dragon magazines and the Martial Power books but can't seem to find a rule on this.

Combat Style, Arena Fighting, and Technique feats, allow you to apply a bonus to a specific attack power.

In Martial Power II page 110 it says "any single attack can benefit from only one lesser style feat and one greater style feat". This refers to specifically Combat Style feats.

Arena Fighting Feats from Dragon Magazine 368 have no lesser or greater types, nor are they ever called "Combat Styles". The same goes for Technique feats in Dragon 373. There are also no explanations for using multiple style feats for these entries.

Its clear that you can only use a lesser and a greater Combat Style feat from Martial Power II, but can you also be using an Arena Style feat and/or Tecnique feats on that power?

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
Good point. They should have all been called 'Style' feats...and maybe with Essentials and their catagorising of feats they will be.

I would certainly say you could not apply all three. To me they are all fighting styles/techniques/whatever. It is all in the name that unfortunately leads to confusion and players would certainly jump at these combos. But that doesn't help your query really does it? It is just what I would rule.

vagabundo

Adventurer
Wouldn't this depend on stacking? If they are all unnamed bonuses then they should stack, but if they are labelled as feat bonuses then they shouldn't.

Last edited:

Remove ads