Proposal: Allow swapping of new racial features from Essentials update.

Walking Dad

First Post
was that September errata, or was that "This errata, coming soon..."

If that was errata, we need to address item rarity as a community.

As I already said, the essential changes are part of the new Compiled Errata pdf, so WotC says they are official.

---

No judge, but I'm not sure I like the new rarity rules... sure, we could change L4W, that only common items are available now, but how would this effect higher level character creation? Should there be a hard limit, how many 'rare' items a character is allowed to have?

evilbob

Explorer
In a move that I predict will shock no one, I am less inclined toward the item rarity rules. :) I also think it'd be difficult to start higher level characters or spend time gold. I think item rarity rules work best when one DM controls one set of players for one game: something generally unlike what we have here.

I'm thinking this is a bit of a thread derail, however, so maybe another proposal should be made to address that? Or maybe just to address whether or not the September "update" was errata or no?

renau1g

First Post
No judge, but I'm not sure I like the new rarity rules... sure, we could change L4W, that only common items are available now, but how would this effect higher level character creation? Should there be a hard limit, how many 'rare' items a character is allowed to have?

There is a hard limit, 1 rare/tier IIRC

The new rarity rules don't seem to work well for PbP as it pretty much defeats the purpose of time gold as you end up with a giant pile of gold that you can't use. Heck, Kane's got over 3k gold and counting.

Remove ads