PoPP: Souls For Smuggler's Shiv [01]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The savage staggers under Abraxis' assault, but with a roar of rage he announces his intention to stay in the fight! One of the two bracing Lerissa stabs futilely at the Tiefling.

GM: I believe that brings us to Lerissa and Taron.

[sblock=Combat Status]
Code:
[u]Combatant          AC/ T/FF    HP      Condition[/u]
TFC 01             11/10/09    19/19   
Lerissa            15/11/14    10/18   
Taron              14/12/12    15/15   
TFC 02             11/10/09    14/14   
TFC 03             11/10/09    10/17   
Abraxis            16/12/14    18/18

AmbushMap03.jpg

[/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

Lerissa moves to A4 and assumes a total defense stance, her skin turns fire red and the familiar primal scream again fills the air - Attempt to demoralize the two foes nearest her.

Totally forgot about the bless, add 1 more to this. Thanks Ironwolf!

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Lerissa turns a dark brick red and unleashes a primal scream - the cannibals bracing him cringe; one renews his attack with another javelin thrust. He misses once again. Taron's lunge takes the Cannibal attacked by Abraxis high in the chest, but doesn't put him down. The cannibal retaliates by raising his javelin high in both hands and stabbing down at the swordsman, but Taron steps neatly aside and the clumsy savage plants his short spear deep in his own foot. He drops his javelin and grabs his foot, hopping around for three jumps before falling to the ground.

GM: Abraxis is up, I think.

[sblock=OOC - Important!]Terribly sorry for the delay - been playing around with the mapping system lots of folks on Myth-Weavers are using. The link is below.

If/when your character moves, you can actually move him on the map (just click and drag). Press enter when you're finished to save, and then put a link in your post similar to the one below so we can go to the updated map.

Also, when you hover your cursor over one of the tokens you'll get a pop-up title to reference.

Just experimenting here - a little less work for me, but a little more for you. We'll do this for the rest of this combat. Let me know if you like it and we'll talk about whether we're keeping it or not.[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Status]
Code:
[s]TFC 03             11/10/09    --/17[/s]   Dying
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Abraxis moves toward the others, calling upon his sorcerous talents to armor himself as he goes.

OOC: Move to F04, cast Mage Armor

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

Lerissa reaches out to touch the savage at A2, channeling the negative energy from another place, through her hands and into the savage. - inflict light wounds DC 13 will save for half.

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
   HP: 10/18     AC: 16  AC(T): 12  AC(FF): 14  Init: +02

Saving Throw   Total  Base   Mod  Misc   Special
Fort:            03     2     +1          
Ref:             02     0     +2          
Will:            04     2     +2          

BAB: +01       CMB:+02     CMD: 14

Weapon                  Attack    Damage      Critical     Special
Scimitar                +3        1d6+1       18-20/x2     +1 (Weapon Focus)

Judgments: 1/1 per Day

Spells Available:
    * 0 Level                * 1st Level (2/2 per Day)
      * Create Water           * Cure Light Wounds
      * Resistance             * Inflict Light Wounds
      * Detect Magic
      * Guidance
[/sblock]

Last edited:

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa turns a dark brick red and unleashes a primal scream - the cannibals bracing him cringe; one renews his attack with another javelin thrust. He misses once again. Taron's lunge takes the Cannibal attacked by Abraxis high in the chest, but doesn't put him down. The cannibal retaliates by raising his javelin high in both hands and stabbing down at the swordsman, but Taron steps neatly aside and the clumsy savage plants his short spear deep in his own foot. He drops his javelin and grabs his foot, hopping around for three jumps before falling to the ground.

GM: Abraxis is up, I think.

[sblock=OOC - Important!]Terribly sorry for the delay - been playing around with the mapping system lots of folks on Myth-Weavers are using. The link is below.

If/when your character moves, you can actually move him on the map (just click and drag). Press enter when you're finished to save, and then put a link in your post similar to the one below so we can go to the updated map.

Also, when you hover your cursor over one of the tokens you'll get a pop-up title to reference.

Just experimenting here - a little less work for me, but a little more for you. We'll do this for the rest of this combat. Let me know if you like it and we'll talk about whether we're keeping it or not.[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Status]
Code:
[s]TFC 03             11/10/09    --/17[/s]   Dying
[/sblock]

By the way, very cool Map Mike. I love being able to move my character myself. I would have given it a try but would have provoked two AoO so I figured I'd better stay put.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: Thanks, Mike! I hope the map works well - we'll see.

You should know that if Lerissa casts a spell while threatened (which she is) she'll provoke as well. The touch attack she'll have to make will not provoke, but the actual casting of the spell does.

I already rolled for the attack and she missed - but in order to keep "metagaming" out of the equation if you decide she'll still cast the spell and attack I'll allow you to re-roll. TFC 01 will miss with it's regular attack, but if Lerissa is hit with one or both of the AoOs for casting she'll have to make a concentration check as well.

Last edited:

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

OOC: Thanks, Mike! I hope the map works well - we'll see.

You should know that if Lerissa casts a spell while threatened (which she is) she'll provoke as well. The touch attack she'll have to make will not provoke, but the actual casting of the spell does.

I already rolled for the attack and she missed - but in order to keep "metagaming" out of the equation if you decide she'll still cast the spell and attack I'll allow you to re-roll. TFC 01 will miss with it's regular attack, but if Lerissa is hit with one or both of the AoOs for casting she'll have to make a concentration check as well.

[sblock=OOC]OK, still learning the whole magic thing - good to know before the weekend comes. I can't wait and you are right, it's like waiting for Christmas! So knowing she'll draw attacks of opportunity if she casts a spell, she will instead pass judgement of sacred healing as a swift action, draw her scimitar and swing at TFC02. It just misses but I believe the bless is still in effect so it should hit. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads