PoPP: Souls For Smuggler's Shiv [01]

Rhun

First Post
"I guess there is something to be said about an uneventful day," says Abraxis, eating a small lunch from their rations as the group breaks.

IronWolf

blank
"Looks like the afternoon downpours will be here later today. We could camp here or move on another hour or so and then look for a dry place to camp."

Rhun

First Post
"I say we continue why we can," says Abraxis. "I'd prefer to find a way off of this island sooner than later."

mleibrock

First Post
"I say we continue why we can," says Abraxis. "I'd prefer to find a way off of this island sooner than later."

"Yes, let's go a little further before it begins to rain."

[sblock=OOC - GM] Mike, you didn't comment on our good rolls for foraging this day - Maybe we won't have to eat from our rations. [/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
Taron stands from his break, securing his pack and re-tightening straps for both comfort and to reduce noise of the meager contents from shifting inside. He nods at the others suggestions of proceeding on, ready to continue.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
After several days of the routine, you make quick work of breaking your mid-day camp and move on around the bend. It's a very good thing your morning foraging was so successful; as you move around the bend the beach becomes narrower and more rocky, rising quickly into a low cliff. There's still room to move along the surf, and even establish your camp above the high tide mark, but foraging in the jungle as you go is out of the question unless you begin moving along the cliff top rather than along the beach.

[sblock=OOC]Continuing along the beach means forgoing the shelter of the trees from the rains, and taking a +2 on the DC of your foraging checks. You now have enough food to feed everyone for tonight and tomorrow, with enough left over to feed one person for the next day (or three people for breakfast).

If you choose to walk up the hill and continue along the top of the cliff, you'll be able to see the beach so long as you stay within 5' to 10' feet of the edge. Farther back than that and the dense foliage will prevent you from keeping an eye on the coast. But you'll be able to forage normally and will have the trees cover from the rains and shade from the sun.

The cliffs rise between 25' and 40' above the beach. They're rough, with lots of outcroppings and ledges, so scaling them at any point will require only a DC 10 climb check for each 15'.[/sblock]

[sblock='Quick Glance' OP Links]
Wiki Front Page
"Encounters" Key
Current Tasks (Link to Castaway Interactions is on this page)
[/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

Lerissa pauses as the group rounds the bend. She looks to the water, the narrow beach and then up to the cliff.

"I think the cliff might be a good bet, still allows us to see the water and get a lay of what is out there, affords us the shelter of the trees and opportunities to forage in the vegatation. It also prevents the natives from having the high ground. Anyone else have any thoughts?"

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
   HP: 17/17     AC: 16  AC(T): 12  AC(FF): 14  Init: +02

Saving Throw   Total  Base   Mod  Misc   Special
Fort:            03     2     +1          
Ref:             02     0     +2          
Will:            04     2     +2          

BAB: +01       CMB:+02     CMD: 14

Weapon                  Attack    Damage      Critical     Special
Scimitar                +3        1d6+1       18-20/x2     +1 (Weapon Focus)

Judgments: 1/1 per Day

Spells Available:
    * 0 Level                * 1st Level (2/2 per Day)
      * Create Water           * Cure Light Wounds
      * Resistance             * Inflict Light Wounds
      * Detect Magic
      * Guidance
[/sblock]

Remove ads