PoPP: Souls For Smuggler's Shiv [01]

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

Lerissa wakes quite famishied. She listens to Taron's description of the large winged creature and hopes they might avoid a conflict that one. "We might be more careful where we set up camp so that we have a little cover overhead to help hide us. We might also want to be sure to douse any fire we have before dark... (Lerissa's stomach growls quite loudly so that everyone hears)...or we could just bring it in, kill it and have ourselves a feast. Does anyone have any objections to continuing south?"

[sblock=OOC] No special actions for Lerissa for today other than foraging for edible items as they journey. [/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
Taron nods at Lerissa's suggestion. "South sounds like as good direction as any. Taron replies. "Watching the light of the fire and seeking some overhead cover would be wise as well. I do not think we would last long against such a flying creature should it discover us.

Rhun

First Post
"Well, there are plenty of trees on the island, if no other shelter. So we can at least use that to shield our camp from flying eyes."

mleibrock

First Post
"Well, there are plenty of trees on the island, if no other shelter. So we can at least use that to shield our camp from flying eyes."

"Great minds... I was thinking the same thing. Why take the time to create an overhead shelter when it's one of the few things the island seems to be doing for us."

Rhun

First Post
Abraxis forages as the group moves along, hoping to find enough food to help contribute to their meager stores.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
After breaking camp, you continue to follow the coast around a great bend - first west then curving around to the south. Your rest of the night before stands you in good stead, and the day is a few degrees cooler today - everyone is weathering the trek without the usual daily dose of fatigue. After about an hour, you come across a small cove; a largish stream - or possible a small river - empties into the bay at this point.

GM: You can see the cove about 1½ miles west of your location on the map. Continue around the coast or move up the river?

[sblock='Quick Glance' OP Links]
Wiki Front Page
"Encounters" Key
Current Tasks (Link to Castaway Interactions is on this page)
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
"It seems likely that any possible escape route would be along the coast, so I suggest checking out the cove."

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

"I'd kinda like to get the layout of the coast before we go exploring inland but if you want to check out the cove, we can do that." Lerissa checks the stream. She dips her hand into the water and then brings it to her mouth. She swishes the water and then spits it out tasting it for salt.

IronWolf

blank
Taron agrees with the others. "Following the coast seems the most likely chance of finding an escape." Taron replies. "Though, that stream may contain a fresh source of water for us."

'"Is the water fresh?" Taron asks Lerissa.

Remove ads