Nosferatu and Wlekin template

eduar

First Post
hi

this are templates i have developed, my first developing work

tell me what do you think?

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:HyphenationZone>21</w:HyphenationZone> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Tabla normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> CREATING A NOSFERATU
“Nosferatu” is a template that can be added to any 20 level/HD character has been a vampire for centuries, overlapping with those previous templates rather than adding to them.
Hit Dice: d12s for Hit Dice and has maximum hit points per die.
Speed: fly same speed
Armor Class: gains a deflection bonus equal to its Charisma modifier and the natural armor bonus improves by +30.
Attack: slam attack
Damage: see the universal damage

Special Attacks:
Blood Drain(Ex): same as vampire but 1d8.
Children of the Night (Su): call 1d6 vampire 1/day.
Dominate (Su): same as vampire but like Dominate Monster.
Create Spawn (Su): same as vampire except that if the creature have 20 or more HD gain the nosferatu template
Energy Drain (Su): same as vampire but in all natural attacks.
(Su): see Assimilate cosmic ability.
Special Qualities:
Damage Reduction (Ex): 20/silver and epic.
Resistances (Ex): cold and electricity 50.
Fast Healing (Ex): 25.
Alternate Form (Su): see polymorph divine ability.
Gaseous Form (Su):
See through blood(Su): see postcognition divine ability.
Turn Resistance (Ex): turn resistance +20.
Undead Traits:
Saves: Same as the base creature.
Abilities: Str +30, Dex +20, Int +10, Wis +10, Cha +20
Skills: +20 racial bonus on Bluff, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Search, Sense Motive and Spot checks.
Feats:
Epic Feats: sixth sense, greater combat reflexes, improved dodge, superior initiative, good reflexes
Environment: Any
Organization:
Challenge Rating: Same as base creature 20.
Treasure: Double standard

Alignment: Any evil.
Advancement: By character class.
Level Adjustment: Same as the base creature +30.
Weaknesses: same as vampire add Fire vulnerability

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:HyphenationZone>21</w:HyphenationZone> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Tabla normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> CREATING A WELKIN
“Welkin” is a template that can be added to any 120 level/HD character has been a nosferatu for millennial, overlapping with those previous templates rather than adding to them.
Hit Dice: d20s for Hit Dice and has maximum hit points per die.
Speed: fly same speed, for 3 for all movement types.
Armor Class: gains a deflection bonus equal to its Charisma modifier and the natural armor bonus improves by +150.
Attack: slam attack
Damage: as the universal damage

Special Attacks:
Blood Drain(Ex):same as nosferatu but 1d8 for each 30 HD.
Children of the Night (Su): call 1d6 nosferatu 1/day
Dominate (Su): Dominate Monster
Create Spawn (Su): same as nosferatu except that if the creature have 120 or more HD gain the welkin template
Energy Drain (Su): same as nosferatu but one negative level for each 24 HD.
(Su): see Digestio transcendental ability.
Telekinesis(Su): as the spell as caster level equal to totals HD but without maximum level.
Special Qualities:
Damage Reduction (Ex): 120/silver and epic.
Resistances (Ex): cold and electricity 250.
Fast Healing (Ex): 125
Alternate Form (Su): see polymorph divine ability
Gaseous Form (Su):
See through blood (Su): see postcognition divine ability.
(Su): see spirited away cosmic ability.
Turn Resistance (Ex): turn resistance +100.
Omnicompetent (Ex):
Undead Traits:
Saves: Same as the base creature.
Abilities: Str +150, Dex +100, Int +50, Wis +50, Cha +100
Skills: +100 racial bonus on Bluff, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Search, Sense Motive and Spot checks.
Feats:
Epic Feats: sixth sense, epic combat reflexes, improved dodge, superior initiative, good reflexes
Environment:
Organization:
Challenge Rating: Same as base creature +80.
Treasure: Quadruple standard.
Alignment: Any evil.
Advancement: By character class.
Level Adjustment: Same as the base creature +120.
Weaknesses: same as nosferatu add Arithmomania

Belzamus

First Post
Honestly? I think the ability bonuses are out of sync with the abilities from the template. I mean, they're contributing most of the ECL/CR increase, which is kind of boring. I'd rather they have more unique, interesting power.

Are you familiar with the Dicefreaks tiered vampire template? They have a list of salient vampire abilities you could nab ideas from.

Mr.Satan

First Post
Aside from some minor editing being required I kinda like them. Although I recall that vampires are supposed to lose weaknesses as they become more powerful and that the nosferatu was supposed to have some sort of ability to drain blood from a distance.

Also...are the challenge ratings and level adjustments accurate? I wonder about that since many designers tend to be rather arbitrary about assigning their values.

In any case. I'm grateful for any 3.5 contributions. 3.5 has been rather neglected and the original projects left either unfinished or completely abandoned. Essentially become vaporware. *laments the loss of all those wondrous 3.5 ideas Krusty had*

I'm sure there are many others like myself that never jumped on the 4E bandwagon (and never will no matter how much it's sycophants try to convince us to) that will also appreciate any 3.5 contributions.

Note: Liking and playing 4E doesn't automatically make anyone a sycophant. The mindless, repetitious urgings to get people to convert (when they clearly don't want to and never will want to) while singing it's praises, however, do.

It's beginning to remind me of the cult of Baa from Might & Magic.

Even more so with how people rush to the rescue of 4E like clergy anytime someone makes any commentary about 4E that isn't pro-4E or is (God forbid) anti-4E.

Last edited:

eduar

First Post
Honestly? I think the ability bonuses are out of sync with the abilities from the template. I mean, they're contributing most of the ECL/CR increase, which is kind of boring. I'd rather they have more unique, interesting power.

Are you familiar with the Dicefreaks tiered vampire template? They have a list of salient vampire abilities you could nab ideas from.

hi

i did use the lich and paragon as examples, the new template add 5 more times ability bonuses than the previous

the lich give +2 to mental abilities, the demilich +10 and the akalich +50

and the new template add a new special attack and a new special quality, and improve previous

i'm not familiar with Dicefreaks but sound interesting

eduar

First Post
Aside from some minor editing being required I kinda like them. Although I recall that vampires are supposed to lose weaknesses as they become more powerful and that the nosferatu was supposed to have some sort of ability to drain blood from a distance.

Also...are the challenge ratings and level adjustments accurate? I wonder about that since many designers tend to be rather arbitrary about assigning their values.

In any case. I'm grateful for any 3.5 contributions. 3.5 has been rather neglected and the original projects left either unfinished or completely abandoned. Essentially become vaporware. *laments the loss of all those wondrous 3.5 ideas Krusty had*

hi

the ECL and CR is a comparison from amidah and the vampire have double level adjustment than lich

the weaknesses are for mitigating ECL

and drain blood for a distance is a great suggestion

Mr.Satan

First Post

oo not lately *searches for magic brownies*

the ECL and CR is a comparison from amidah and the vampire have double level adjustment than lich

Krusty has a challenge rating document that allows for more accurate challenge ratings and level adjustments. It's been immensely helpful in creature design. I've made several creatures using it.

the weaknesses are for mitigating ECL

Mitigating ECL seems a bit like metagaming and a moot point at such high ECLs. The weaknesses don't even have much of an ECL value and don't make much sense for more powerful vampires.

and drain blood for a distance is a great suggestion

I can't take credit for that. It was Krusty's idea. I just remember him discussing some of his ideas for nosferatu. I also remember him envisioning nosferatu as being uglier and more bat-like, with nasty veins and such.

eduar

First Post
Mitigating ECL seems a bit like metagaming and a moot point at such high ECLs. The weaknesses don't even have much of an ECL value and don't make much sense for more powerful vampires.

so the nosferatu will have the half of the vampire weaknesses and the welkin no weaknesses?

like the repelling weaknesses don't apply to nosferatu

sounds better?

Last edited:

Belzamus

First Post
Actually, the Dicefreaks vampire can drain blood from a distance, too, with the salient Pillage of Blood ability.

Oh, and you should probably give them both Unholy Toughness, to add Cha to HP instead of Con.

Also, maybe a scaling Profane bonus similar to a Divine bonus based on the Cha or maybe Wis?

Mr.Satan

First Post
Actually, the Dicefreaks vampire can drain blood from a distance, too, with the salient Pillage of Blood ability.

Oh, and you should probably give them both Unholy Toughness, to add Cha to HP instead of Con.

Also, maybe a scaling Profane bonus similar to a Divine bonus based on the Cha or maybe Wis?

Excellent ideas.

I seen to remember World of Warcraft d20 having 2 feats that specifically give undead a bonus to their hit points equal to their Charisma modifier and allowed them to use their Charisma score in lieu of their Constitution score.

Remove ads