Around the Corner from the Hanged Man

Mewness

First Post
CALM YOURSELF EX-GHOST LIZARD PAPO, Sir Exsixten says, putting a steadying hand on Papolstaanas' shoulder. IT MUST BE A FAIR FIGHT. LET THE NECROMANCER ARM HIMSELF PROPERLY FIRST! VILLAIN, PUT AWAY THAT SWORD AND GET A PROPER WIZARDLY WEAPON SO WE CAN COMMENCE BATTLE! OR BRING FORTH YOUR LEGION SO THAT SMITING MAY BE INITIATED!
Papolstaanas's shoulders sag. "I suppose you're right," he mutters. "It's not really fair to--to attack someone for stealing a..." he trails off disconsolately and sits down again, returning his attention to the conversation with Rolf.

"Aye, not many have th' stomach fer mercenary work. The pay is decent, but the horrors ye'll see...not t' mention times o' war, one day ye'll be fightin' alongside a man, the next ye'll be pickin' his eyes out o' his head with yer thumbs."
"What were you saying?" Papolstaanas asks after sitting down again. "Something about picking eyes out with--well, that sounds horrible. It doesn't even bear thinking about. I don't know if I--but that's not why I, why I don't think I can... You see, I used to--don't laugh--well, I suppose you can laugh, but, you know, only in a nice way--I used to--" (he lowers his voice) "--hear the voices of spirits, I mean I think they were spirits--I'd hear them when I was alone, you know, in the woods or a meadow or something, and it was like the trees and the wind were talking to me and--I said not to laugh!--and it was like they wanted to help me or something. And they did help me, at least something did, I mean I would be in a fight and things would happen, like the wind would blow exactly the way I wanted it to... But I don't hear them anymore. Not for a while. I think they're gone."

Luinnar

First Post
"I'm a kobold," says Papolstaanas. He gestures at Sharpe with his sword. "And he's a brandy-stealing villain!"
Yes, that was a dastardly evil act of mine, stealing the brandy from the orphanage. he says. Good thing you did not drink that last bottle Corporal Behemoth!
CALM YOURSELF EX-GHOST LIZARD PAPO, Sir Exsixten says, putting a steadying hand on Papolstaanas' shoulder. IT MUST BE A FAIR FIGHT. LET THE NECROMANCER ARM HIMSELF PROPERLY FIRST! VILLAIN, PUT AWAY THAT SWORD AND GET A PROPER WIZARDLY WEAPON SO WE CAN COMMENCE BATTLE! OR BRING FORTH YOUR LEGION SO THAT SMITING MAY BE INITIATED!
Sticks and stone don't break bones well, sir! That is why I use this! Sharpe says, waving his sword around.

If it is a duel you want, then we shall duel to the death! Corporal Behemoth shall be my second, and my Treeman OF DEATH shall be my third. Pick whatever cronies or minions for me to kill after you, then we shall fight!

Mogwaimon

First Post
"What were you saying?" Papolstaanas asks after sitting down again. "Something about picking eyes out with--well, that sounds horrible. It doesn't even bear thinking about. I don't know if I--but that's not why I, why I don't think I can... You see, I used to--don't laugh--well, I suppose you can laugh, but, you know, only in a nice way--I used to--" (he lowers his voice) "--hear the voices of spirits, I mean I think they were spirits--I'd hear them when I was alone, you know, in the woods or a meadow or something, and it was like the trees and the wind were talking to me and--I said not to laugh!--and it was like they wanted to help me or something. And they did help me, at least something did, I mean I would be in a fight and things would happen, like the wind would blow exactly the way I wanted it to... But I don't hear them anymore. Not for a while. I think they're gone."

Rolf keeps a straight face throughout all of this, nodding all the while. Finally, he says "Aye, I wouldn't laugh, lizard. At least not at the spirits... That may be nature aidin' ye. It's not unheard of, some of us dwarves can hear the stone, commune with the spirits in it an' all. The best smiths have an...intimate relationship with the earth, in fact. Mayhap the woods have the same spirits..."

Rolf breaks out into laughter, "Maybe ye're the ******* child of an elf, hahahah!" Rolf keeps laughing, not realizing that what he said was potentially quite offensive. When Sharpe mentions 'Corporal Behemoth being his second' he stops laughing and turns to observe whether the simmering situation boils over or cools down.

Mewness

First Post
Papolstaanas laughs at Rolf's remark while trying very hard to ignore Sharpe. "Haha, do you think elves hear voices? Sometimes I thought I could hear the earth under me, a-as well... It sort of bothered me when I would hear them, the voices. I thought I was crazy. And sometimes I would whisper back and other people thought I was crazy! But now that I can't hear them, I--I wish they would come back, because I don't think I'm much use in a fight without them, you know, and Mother says I have to--and even more than that, forget what Mother says, I mean I actually like it, doing things that people appreciate and so on, but... Well." He stares unhappily at the brandy bottle for a little while, then looks up at Ironheart, wondering if the tree-creature might be some sort of spirit.

CaBaNa

First Post
OOC: If not, I've got a level 2 (Gil) that would be willing to roll with level 3-4's. If he dies, that's just another learning experience. ;)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
OOC: Here's who we have in the thread that I can find:
Papolstaanas: Warden Lvl3
Kaeysari: Fighter Lvl2
Sir Exsixten: Fighter Lvl3
Jynxx: Bard Lvl2
Sharpe: Bard Lvl??
Rolf: Fighter Lvl1
Ironheart: ?? Lvl??

So, 3 Fighters, 1 Warden, 2 Bards and a ?.

I also am eligible to create a 3rd character and have enough DM credits to make a 3+ if needed (was thinking Wizard or Monk).

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Ironheart's level 3 warden. Hmm, lots o' defenders. Ok, I may wait until the tavern gets a few more bodies in it to put something together.

So 5 defenders and 2 leaders... very odd, normally there's far more strikers.
[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Papolstaanas has been rebuilt as a battlemind and Kaeysari is actually level 4. But yes, thassa lotta defenders.[/sblock]

Remove ads