[Arcane Row - Venza]The Mystic Pearl

Commander_Fallout

First Post
The hooded figure broke off from the group and entered the shop. "Greetings to you, wizened shopkeep. I am going to deal with a vermin infestation, and was wondering if you had anything that could preserve my health while I was doing so?"

The man shook his head, "Nay lad, we have no antiplague to sell. A gnome came in here a few minutes ago looking for the same thing, but we didnt have it then either. However, I do have an alternate option..."
He bent over and rummaged through the shelves, before pulling out a squat white jar and setting it on the counter, "Vermin Repellant. Perhaps not as effective for stopping the big ones, but it's cheap, and in stock."The figure took it off the counter and opened it, wrinkling his nose at the smell. He resealed it and asked, "You're sure this will work?"
"I make no guarantees, but for five gold, it's better than nothing, no?"

The figure placed said gold on the counter and tucked the jar into his cloak. He thanked the man and turned to leave. However, as he neared the door, he heard the man call back, "Ah, wait! You're in luck sir! We found an unopened crate of the stuff!"

[sblock=OOC]Buying Antiplague (1d100=97) No dice.
Buying Vermin Repellent (1d100=74)

Buying 2 Antiplague and 1 Vermin Repellant for 105 gp[/sblock]

Last edited:

BokaliMali

First Post
[sblock=ooc]antiplague: 1D100 = [20] = 20
1D100 = [78] = 78
Got one![/sblock]

Alec entered the shop as Wahyu was exiting with the intent to buy a couple vials of antiplague. Assuming the Wayang had likely bought them out, he asked the shopkeep on the offchance. "No, no, sorry. You're the third fella today looking for that stuff! Sorry I can't help-" a younger man pokes his head out from the backroom "Antiplague? Yeah we got some antiplague. Here ya go, last vial in stock." Alec paid the now sheepish shopkeep and left.

Satin Knights

First Post
Kalgor and his panther return to the Pearl to pickup his commissions. "I saw a lot of fancy folk getting ready for a party. They were using something that created clothes for them."

"Ah yes. The Sleeves of Many Garments have been really popular, what with the Order of the Sentinels having their ceremony this week. In fact, let me see... We have run out. I am sure we will have some in a couple weeks."

"Oh well. Is my stuff ready."

"Yes it is."
Sleeves of Many Garments: 1D100 = 81 failed

perrinmiller

Adventurer
GM: Guys, there is no need to roll for things like Anti-plague and Vermin Repellent. They are not magical. Mundane items on the equipment lists are always available.

Just a mathematical tidbit for you, Khisanth: You could buy four wands of cure light wounds with a caster level one for the same price. Assuming average rolls the CL 4 wand will provide 400 hp of healing (at a cost of 7.5 gp per point) while the four CL 1 wands will provide 1,000 hp of healing (at a cost of 3 gp per point). So, if your use is for between combat healing it would be a little more time but you would gain more overall healing with the CL 1 wands.

OK, thanks.

So can I change it to the roll being for a CL1 wand then?

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
The red haired Wizard stops after 2 steps out the door and turns around. "Ach, forgot need das scrolls!
budget: 6259 gp -6220= 39gp left over
scroll purchase: 150+2800+2250=5200
scribe cost: 40+160+160+160+250+250= 1020 gp

Decipher: spellcraft dc 20 + level
1 hour work then scribe: spellcraft dc 15 + level [+2 for fire spells] cost: lvl 2: 40; lvl 4: 160; lvl 5: 250
[sblock= the rolls]
level 2 : 150 *
bear's endurance 1d100=98 nope

or false life 1d100=59 yup decipher: dc 22 1d20+18=22 scribe: dc 17 1d20+18=35

level 4 700 *
Black tentacles 1d100=58 yup descipher dc 24 1d20+18=33 scribe dc 19 1d20+18=33

stone shape 1d100=20 yup descipher dc 24 1d20+18=23 nope

Arcane Eye 1d100=85 nope

Dimention door 1d100=12 yup descipher dc 24 1d20+18=32 scribe dc 19 1d20+18=27

darkvision, greater 1d100=72 yup descipher dc 24 1d20+18=24 Scribe dc 19 1d20+18=19

level 5 1125 *
teleport 1d100=37 yup descipher dc 25 1d20+18=32 scribe dc 20 1d20+18=25

lightning arc 1d100=28 yup Descipher dc 25 1d20+18=31 scribe dc 20 1d20+18=30
[/sblock]
Rolls will be done at a later time as there seems to be a problem with both dice rollers.

dice rolls done, next will be decipher and scribe and done.

Heinrich looks about, asking the manager accross the shop about availability, then continues his search. He finds 7 scrolls and purchases them with platinum coins. He returns to his home and works on deciphering the scrolls and how their writers encoded the formulae and succeeds with all but one, Stone shape of the 4th order of difficulty.

He then sets him self in for 6 hours of scribing into his spell book, taking a total of 24pages. He starts a new book for 22 pages worth and puts the 2 page spll into his old book.

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
Quillian Barthony

Smiling at the prospect of going to sea, Quillian heads off to find a good riding dog for the journey to the mountains. Finding a merchant of some good prospects, he finally settled on a large and furry one that went by the name of Sam. After acquiring the associated tack, he and Sam settled into a room at the Inn for several days until the ship was ready to sail.

OOC: Bought
Riding Dog 150 gp
Riding Sadddle 10 gp
Saddle Bags 4 gp

Total 164 gp

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Samad entered the shop once more. He sought to buy that featherweight shirt of steel, but alas, it was gone. Instead he found the blade that had piqued his interest before still sitting on its shelf, so he traded it for his own, though, as he was looking over it, he happened to glance at a bow and a thought crept into his mind. It was true that he knew how to use one, as it was simply a part of his heritage, but he had always valued a good sword more. Recently, however, he had seen one in action, succeeding where his scimitar had failed, and it made him curious. Perhaps he had misjudged it all those years ago? He picked one up with what money he had left, before going to purchase a mount. It was true he was going by ship most of the way, but afterwards?

He looked over several, before settling on one, a small Bay mare that reminded him of the ones in the Rhat'manatis. Having settled his business, he traveled back to the Inn to await their eventual departure.

[sblock=OOC]
Starting Funds: 2,359.09 gp

Buying:
Buying Mithril Shirt (1d100=93) Failed
Buying +1 Scimitar (1d100=49) -2315 gp
Composite Longbow -100 gp
Arrows (20) -2 gp
Light Horse (Combat Trained) -110 gp
Riding Saddle -10 gp
Bit and Bridle -2 gp
Saddlebags -4 gp

Selling: