[Arcane Row - Venza]The Mystic Pearl

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

A redhead with a deep tan and an outdoorsy roughness at the edges enters the shop, eyes sharp as he seems to look not just for purchases, but also--despite the universal safety the Pearl grants--threats.

He speaks little gathering up a pendant and a belt with a wide silver buckle. He plops an overfull satchel of coin on the countertop with the items and cocks his head.

"I have enough for these, yes? Need to sell back these; turns out, the rich prefered fewer clothes." he adds a fine courtier's outfit and small pile of jewelry.

Also: small apartment. You rent those here, yes?"

[sblock=ooc]Shopping. I rolled availability on more stuff than Eanos was able to buy because I wanted to save some time:

Stock checks for +1 Mithral Shadow Breastplate, Slippers of spider climbing, Belt of Dex +2, Handy Haversack (1d100=6, 1d100=17, 1d100=9, 1d100=43)

Selling:

Courtier's Outfit (30 gp)
Jewelry for CO (50 gp)

He's getting:

+2 Belt of Incredible Dexterity (rolled availability) 4000 gp
+1 Amulet of Natural Armor (from stock list) 2000 gp
Average Cost of Living (100 gp)

Total purchases minus sold items : 6020 gp
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
The door is pushed open by a dark skinned dreadlocked warrior who strides to the counter grinning. "Hello Magic Merchant. Maui has returned." He drops a beautiful belt on the counter. "Te belt is good ... but Maui needs te strong and te quick belt. Can you do this?" Maui looks crest fallen when the shopkeeper shakes his head. Shoulders sunken he turns glumly to leave. The shopkeeper calls out to Maui who turns back, his face brightening. "You can make it?" Grinning he leaves the belt he was wearing and pays in advance the difference to have the new and better belt created.

OOC: Belt of Physical Might +2 Roll 79=Fail

Maui will have the belt made. How long does that take? 30 real life days?

Sell: Belt of Giant Strength +2 +4000 gp
Buy: Belt of Physical Might +2 (Str & Dex) -10000 gp
Total spent: -6,000 gp

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: 30 days, yep. There's a mechanism in place for using DMC to reduce that time - one DMC gets you 60 days knocked off the crafting time.

GlassEye

Adventurer
OOC: But since you are adding magic to an existing item you can calculate from the difference of cost, i.e. 6,000 gp. So a total of 18 days instead of 30.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo arrives a few minutes later and sees his friend, Maui, Mighty Jungle Warrior and King Taniwah.
"looking for an everful bowel of buffalo milk?" He waves at him and proceeds to wander about looking to buy some things . . . . .

"Actually I need to improve my weapon, to make the edge and point more deadly. To make the edge Keen, if you will.
What? You found the matched sword to this one?! Fantastico!"
1d100=53
he continues looking around . . . .

"I need to sell these:
+1 cloak of protection [1000 gp]
weapon blanch: cold iron x 2 [100 gp]
+2 ivory handled rapier [8320]

Items bought: 18320
- items sold 9420
cash paid 8900 gp

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
Menik arrives at the Pearl soon after. "Oh, hello, guys."

To the shopkeep he explains "Hello, Almar. I'm here to pick up the belt of mighty constitution that was ordered for me. I also want a rod to keep people safe from my area spells, and a scroll of that laughter spell. Also, a potion to cure light wounds."

Almar checks but the rod and scroll are not in stock. However, when he asks if Menik is willing to pay in advance and wait for commissioned items, the elf nods yes.

[sblock]belt of mighty constitution +2, 4000 gp (pre-ordered as per Through the Looking Gate)
lesser metamagic rod, selective spell, 3000 gp (9 day wait; usable 1/14/14)
scroll, hideous laughter (150 gp, 1 day wait, usable 1/6/14)
potion, cure light wounds, 50 gp[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

A red-haired man with a deep tan saunters into the Pearl, pulling out a spring-loaded contraption from his backpack.

"Doesn't quite fit anymore, going to try things another way," he explains. "Also, came into a bit of a bonus from a patron wanting to help me out of town, so ... " his eyes fall on a well-made hat on central display.

"Can't just be good millinery work, yes?" he asks. The quiet man behind the counter shakes his head, dons the hat, and suddenly takes on the appearance of Eanos himself.

The inquisitor smiles. "Careful with that face around the bathhouses," he warns with a wink, though he nods his interest in the piece.

"Looking for a few more options when I'm trying to position myself for a shot, too," he says, and the now-returned to normal shopkeep quickly digs out a pair of nondescript, soft shoes which he taps together, then promptly sticks to the wall.

"Folks always forget to look up, yes?" he says with a smile. Finding himself slightly short on the funds he'd need, the inquisitor produces a scroll in exchange, then gathers up his purchases and leaves to prepare himself for his upcoming journey.

[sblock=ooc]Posting this mildly out of order,but just to keep from delaying everyone in game.

Looking for Slippers of Spider Climbing and Hat of Disguise:

Slippers of Spider Climbing; Hat of Disguise (1d100=36, 1d100=54)

Both available.

Starting coin: 6,451.58

sell:
scroll of tongues: 375
Spring loaded wrist sheath: 5

Available coin after sale: 6,831.58

Purchasing:
Hat of Disguise: 1,800
Slippers of Spider Climbing: 4,800
Total purchase: 6,600

Remaining Gold: 231.58[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien2Avatar_zps9be57a6a.jpg

Tyrien stopped into the shop and purchased some anti-toxin and scrolls of lessor restoration in preparation of her trip.

OOC: Scrolls of Lessor Restoration (1d100=59, 1d100=21)
Purchase 2 Scrolls for 300gp & 2 Anti-toxins for 100gp

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I need anti-toxin. going to hive uf skum und villiny und need safety.

he places several items on the counter to sell back as well as several gold crowns
sell
4 sunrods 4 gp
10 days rations 5 gp
8 sheets paper 3.2 gp
38 gold crowns

buy
1 anti toxin 50 gp

Remove ads