1000th Post. What's your best type of post?

kitsune9

Adventurer
Hello all,

This is my 1,000th post (Yay me!). For those of you who regularly post here, what kind of posts do you like to read or which ones do you like to respond to?

For example, my personal favorites are the "Help with my campaign" where someone is asking for tips on ideas to construct their campaign or create a story arc. I enjoy reading and responding to those. I'm no means an expert in this field, just a fellow DM pitching in.

Happy Gaming!

Wik

First Post
I like anything to do with house-ruling - especially when it's non game specific. Anything involving building a completely new RPG is hunky dorey to me.

I'm also a fan of comparitive threads - ie, 3e vs. 4e, earthdawn vs D&D, etc. Mind you, they always seem to turn into edition wars... or threads espousing the virtues of Savage Worlds.

Congrats on your 1000th post. Means we've been stuck with you for far too long. ;)

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
Congrats on #1000!

I like world-building threads and brainstorming around a plot-point, character concept, etc. I also love the threads that build idea lists (like the "creepy encounters" or "1000 mysteries" threads). But really, the best threads involve Betty White.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Happy 1000!

I like to help with campaign and PC design, in terms of creativity more than anything else. Sure, I may help with purely mechanical things, but usually, mechanical things are just a matter of research. That's something that can be achieved with simple time and brute force determination.

Creativity, OTOH, is something you simply can't will to happen; you can't just read the rulebook and expect to find what you're looking for. So if you're in a creative jam, it can seem to be an impossible task to find what you're looking for.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
I like posts that are under 30 lines long. If it's longer than 30 lines I'm not reading it.

--and posts with cool pictures.

MortalPlague

Adventurer
I enjoy reading lists, particularly for favorite character lines / moments / demises. Adventure or encounter building threads are also some of my favorites.

Also, any thread started by Mesh Hong. That man has ideas. Ditto for RangerWickett.

Last edited:

Remove ads