M&M3e (DCA) Young Justice: Home Alone

fireinthedust

Explorer
Turpin's response: I couldn't get most of it. Some kind of rhyme or poem or something. These guys get weirder every year. Let's see... Perkins, gimme that poem you wrote. No, the one you copied from the bad guy (don't crack wise when I'm on the phone with the Justice League)!!!

"My first is the shortest for Emily.
My second is just what we is.
My third is a squeal
as on a ferriswheel.
My whole is the unknown
which you try to answer."

See what I mean? I got nothing. Not even a great rhyme, looks slapped together. (yeah, Perkins, I don't think it's a Haiku; there's too many syllables and no refernce to the seasons. 5-7-5... Geez, get back to serving coffee, I'm on the phone here!). Let me know if you got nothing.

[sblock=Echo's power] Okay I see what you mean. I thought you were one-shotting the shield!

I think I'll go that DC roll for it when there's debate, sure. The game's PL8, so low PL things should be no issue to cancel out.

It's basically electrical devices, then?

In this case: the sensor in the ball is a camera attached to the shield system. You can wink it out for a little while. Done![/sblock]

Echo's power hits the camera, which blips and makes weird noises.

Last edited:

Thejoshie

First Post
OOC: I'm pretty good with riddles. Let's see if I can think this out. If I'm wrong... then count this on Batgirl's inexperience...

Batgirl stayed jusy out of sight of the others (but close enough to see them. She listened through the copmmlink as Turpin gave them the riddle. Edward Nigma jumped into her head immediatly, but she shook that out. One, Riddler was obsessed with Batman, not Superman.

Two, Nigma is in Gotham.

My first is the shortest for Emily.

That seemed easy. 'Em'. Or if sounded out... 'M'. The first letter of the name of whomever doing this might be M.

My second is just what we is.

...okay. What is 'we'? How can you refer to yourself if noone know who you are?

This gave Batgirl pause.

We is a pronoun. If I use a pronoun, I'm refering to myself. Can't be 'us', cause he used 'is' instead of 'are'. Is it 'I'. Okay... ...M-I-...

Batgirl thought on it. Still nothing. She had a feeling that Batman would've solved this by now. No... he's not here. Focus!

Okay, what was the next one?

My third is a squeal as on a ferriswheel.

Uh-oh. She has never been on a ferris wheel. How the heck does something squeal on a ferris wheel? Maybe (as in, HOPEFULLY), that's a metaphor.

...YEAH! The first two dealt with words! Squeal... or maybe ferriswheel... something about those words. Let's skip that for now.

The last one...

My whole is the unknown which you try to answer.

...nothing. Dang it.

But if you can't win by the rules... break them. At least, that was what Robin taught her.

She slip her glove up, revealing a wrist watch PDA that was linked to the Batcave's computer. Maybe she can get lucky here...

Or she would've been... if she remembered the encypted password.

...sigh.

OOC: If I have to, HP for equipment: PDA.

Rolling Streetwise. If that is inapplicable, then Investigation (which is also +7). Batgirl is searching any know Metropolis Criminals or Metas that have the starting Letters of M and I. Longshot... but maybe.

Last edited:

cassius335

First Post
Solaris frowned, reciting each line not quite under his breath as he attempted to puzzle out the "poem".

OOC: I believe I understand, but Solaris...

EDIT:

OOC: Ah, for crying out loud...

Solaris shrugged. "Sorry guys, no idea."

I guess I should leave this stuff to Batgirl or Echo

Still, the rather mushy feeling that had come over his brain left him annoyed with himself.

Last edited:

ww.jpg

Wonder Girl scrunched up face in thought, trying to figure out the riddle.

"My first is the shortest for Emily"... well, I'd call her E... or maybe its M?

"My second is just what we is..." ... hey, this dude didn't even get the grammar right! It should be "we are"... oooh, R. So I guess its MR... Mister?

"My third is a squeal as on a ferriswheel. My whole is the unknown which you try to answer." ... well, Wonder Girl loved ferriswheels, or any rides, and whenever she was on them, she'd always scream out...

"Wee? Mr. Wee? What kind of stupid name is Mr. Wee?" She blinked. "Or is it Mystery? Or ... am I insane?"

Thejoshie

First Post
"Wee? Mr. Wee? What kind of stupid name is Mr. Wee?" She blinked. "Or is it Mystery? Or ... am I insane?"

OF COURSE! I was right on my first instinct!

M

'R', which was what was missing from the second line.

The 'squeal' could be from people 'on' a feris Wheel! 'Weeee'...

Mr. Wee

Mystery. Another name for Mystery that means Unknown?

Enigma.

E. Nigma.

Edward Nigma.

But... this doesn't fit Riddler's MO... this can't be right...

Batgirl snuck up (unintentionally) on Wondergirl. "Mystery. If you're on to something, which I doubt, it's another name for Enigma. 'E. Nigma'. The E could stand for Edward."

She waited for that to sink in. "Edward Nigma is known in Gotham as the riddler. He leaves clues to his heists. Problem is... this doesn't match his MO. One, Nigma leaves clues to his crime BEFORE he commits them. Second... he has never used tech this massive before. Plus... why would he challenge Superman on his home turf?"

Batgirl head canted.
"My guess... either he's working with someone, or it's not him at all and Wondergirl figured it wrong. Me, I figure the first letter is M and the second is I. I could be wrong as well, as I can't thing of what the Third letter is. And the answer has to do with 'unknown'. Any thoughts?"

Walking Dad

First Post

With the cameras taken out, Dre quickly changes to his rock-man form, using it's natural ability to see heat. The walls were warm, perhaps this sight will reveal more.

In regard of the puzzle he remarks: "Sorry, you lost me there. I thought the second letter was a 'v / we'. But Mystery sounds so much cooler..."

Man, J'onn could have just scanned the minds in the building...

[sblock=OOC]

OFFENSE
Initiative +2
Unarmed +9 Close , Damage 1
(Varies based on shape)

DEFENSE:
Dodge 7
Parry 7
Fortitude 9
Toughness 9
Will 9

[/sblock]

cassius335

First Post
OOC: *glares at PersistantHunter* You are SUCH a cheat for nopt rolling for that... :rant:

OOC: :p

OF COURSE! I was right on my first instinct!

M

'R', which was what was missing from the second line.

The 'squeal' could be from people 'on' a feris Wheel! 'Weeee'...

Mr. Wee

Mystery. Another name for Mystery that means Unknown?

Enigma.

E. Nigma.

Edward Nigma.

But... this doesn't fit Riddler's MO... this can't be right...

Batgirl snuck up (unintentionally) on Wondergirl. "Mystery. If you're on to something, which I doubt, it's another name for Enigma. 'E. Nigma'. The E could stand for Edward."

She waited for that to sink in. "Edward Nigma is known in Gotham as the riddler. He leaves clues to his heists. Problem is... this doesn't match his MO. One, Nigma leaves clues to his crime BEFORE he commits them. Second... he has never used tech this massive before. Plus... why would he challenge Superman on his home turf?"

Batgirl head canted.
"My guess... either he's working with someone, or it's not him at all and Wondergirl figured it wrong. Me, I figure the first letter is M and the second is I. I could be wrong as well, as I can't thing of what the Third letter is. And the answer has to do with 'unknown'. Any thoughts?"

"Oh, of course." Solaris kicked himself for not figuring it out sooner. "Em - Are - Eeee." He frowned. "I think you two are right... at the very least, someone wants us to think it's the Riddler. But unless he's found some kryptonite, Riddler'd be stupid to try to go up against Superman."

OOC: Must remember not to roll this stuff... (unless asked, of course)

Shayuri

First Post
Echo paused for a moment, listening to her teammates while she compiled a list of known supervillains, then began methodically assigning odds to each one based on how well they appeared to suit the poem, their relationship with Superman, their overall power level...too much, and they'd have been taken...and their usual territory of operation.

A moment later she said over the comm unit, "Officer Turpin, was there any more to the message than the rhyme? If you have it recorded, a playback would be ideal."

Mr. Eee suits the rhyme, and would be typical of The Riddler, who is not known for personal combat prowess and could escape being kidnapped as a result. But the shield, the location and the target are all wrong for him.

Alternative possibility: Metallo. M, as derived for Mystery. 'Etal' being derived from Latin 'et al,' or 'and all,' describing a group of people that one is part of. Then 'oh' could be a squeal as well. The location and target are typical for Metallo. His powers to control technological devices might put a shield like this within his ability. The course of leaving a riddle to his identity is completely outside his normal recorded range of behaviors though.

Silently, using her built-in communicator, Echo sent to Zatara, "Have Superman mention that the riddle might mean 'Metallo,' though he's not sure why Metallo would make a riddle of his name."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases