[Adventure] Artemis' Pact

JoeNotCharles

First Post
The water sparks and fizzes where it falls on the spectral hand. A light orange smoke drifts from the point of contact, bringing with it the smell of licorice.

But enough of the water falls straight on the rope to cling to it without reacting, and begins inching down towards Gil in a long snakelike rivulet.

Someone

Adventurer
raceportshardmind.png

Yikes. Sentient acid?

FourMonos

First Post
Artemis raises his eyebrows, "Um, Gil? Drop the rope?"

He readies his rod, "If that doesn't work, Shale, can you do that electric blast thing like you did to the umber hulk? Keep it back from us?"

CaBaNa

First Post
Gil does as he is told, and drops the rope, Quick, someone cut it! It's attached to the other end of my backpack, I forgot my knife! Cut the rope, cut the rope! Gil dances for a moment, Oh wait, maybe I could trap some in one of my flasks! The empty mage hand flashes back toward Gil, taking an empty flask from the young wizards belt pouch, and traveling back toward the snake like rivulet on the rope. Well go on, put it in the flask. the hand moves forward, as if sneaking up, and then attempts to force the liquid into the vessel. Imagine the applications!

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Gil does as he is told, and drops the rope, Quick, someone cut it! It's attached to the other end of my backpack, I forgot my knife! Cut the rope, cut the rope!

The mage hand lets go of the rope, which immediately drops away to dangle over the side of the cliff. The rivulet of water reverses direction and begins running downward in the new direction.

Gil dances for a moment, Oh wait, maybe I could trap some in one of my flasks! The empty mage hand flashes back toward Gil, taking an empty flask from the young wizards belt pouch, and traveling back toward the snake like rivulet on the rope. Well go on, put it in the flask. the hand moves forward, as if sneaking up, and then attempts to force the liquid into the vessel. Imagine the applications!

OOC: Note that "snake like" was just a metaphor - it looks just like an ordinary stream of water trickling down the rope. The only thing thing that looks odd about the water are the colors reflecting the waterfall, and the way it sparks when it touches the mage hand.

Thievery to get the water in the flask (1d20+7=11)

Gil holds out the flask, which wobbles slightly as he adjusts the mage hand's approach, and tries to scrape some of the water off the rope. The water smears around the lip of the flask. Gil suddenly realizes that his mage hand is about to duck under the waterfall and, remembering the sparks, jerks it back before it can be touched again. He manages to keep the hand out of the water, but the tilted lip of the flask is drenched. When he returns it to him, he finds that the flask has a few inches of water in the bottom - not from the rope, but from the waterfall itself.

Even without the light reflecting off it, the water in the bottom of the flask has a very slight orange glow.

Also, unless the rope is waterproofed (for example if it is tarred for use on a ship - your choice) it is now soaked through with the water as well.

Neil1889

First Post
"Absolutely. Hanging around a cliff edge doesn't strike me as the best plan to be following right now."

Lilli leans against the wall further back up the tunnel, looking back from whence they came.

CaBaNa

First Post
OOC: no tar, Gil uses the rope for climbing.

After establishing the water is non-sentient, Gil calms down. Oh well, plenty of applications for sparking color water too! He nervously gathers up the wet rope, and uses prestidigitation to dry the areas dampened, before attempting to place it back in his pack.

FourMonos

First Post
"Right, let's get moving."

Artemis stores his ax and gets his rod ready again.

"That was a lot less life threatening than I expected. I guess this place has got me jumpy."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases