HM's Carrion Crown AP - CT

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=Actions]
Thanks for listing out everything I do appreciate it immensely. :D

Let's see a few things first though.

perrinmiller - I did post no INIT and first to post = first to strike.So as to get an order going. From here on out though something like this I will go ahead and roll for everyone. And then post up the INIT. It matters little with your rolls if you were firing into melee (20 is automatic hit and the 14 to confirm misses even if he weren't in combat - so dmg = 7)

Mowgli - Sorry but you were also firing into melee and so at -4 so the dagger missed.

If you all wish the posting you all did could have set the order or we can continue with monster than group(in order of posting for that round).

Order would then be:
Toddy
Marshan
Firvin
Halál
Gergori[/sblock]

"Last words?" the strange creature
says almost mockingly. Then it gets a wicked almost feral grin as it holds the dagger before it and speaks to it once more. "I know! I know! Me Love! I have a last word."

It turns back to face Toddy, Marshan, and Gergori it's eyes glowing bright with red flame and the blue crackling energy sparkling around it's teeth as it grins.

"Boo!"

Suddenly a wave of fear engulfs the alchemist and the eidolon and they flee in terror from the creature. Marshan fights down the fear and readies his weapon. Gergori makes to the back of a building his hands in his head as he sweats and fights back the fear. Then he realizes he dropped his sword back in the alley. Toddy makes as fast as he can around he building looking for a place to hide. Upon finding one he calms down a little and starts to look to see if the creature is following.

[sblock=Halál's know check] Creature is a fey and known as a Spring-Heeled Jack. Know because it can jump great distances for something so small.[/sblock]

Current Status:
Marshan -3HP
Jack 19/26 HP
Toddy panicked 1/1 (can't act this round but will be double move to get back into the fight on rd3)
Gergori panicked 5/5
Firvin - mage armor (should last the whole fight)

Attachments

• CC-CG Jack fight rd2.jpg
    CC-CG Jack fight rd2.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: How is it firing into melee if there's a 5' space between the critter and everyone else? Oh, never mind. Toddy closed and attacked after you posted the map.

And thank you for rolling initiative from this point forward. Hate to think I wasted that trait slot on Halál to get his initiative bonus. Plus, I count on him getting initiative to catch folk flat-footed. Plus if Halál had gotten initiative this time he'd have hit.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OCC: Nobody started flat footed for this. You all moved and the creature went floating down dramatically. But I see your point. Normally I would say roll INIT and post an action and I will sort out who went first or what not.

This had the feel that it would be a short fight as it is 5-1. Everyone goes and I thought it would be over done deal. Guess that's what I get for thinking.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"I know you, Spring-Heeled Jack! Are you behind the troubles in this town? Back! Back to whence you came, faeborn!"

Halál closes with the creature, swinging his sabre wildly as he approaches but not quite managing to connect.

[sblock=Actions][/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Halál Árnyéka
Initiative: +4
AC: 15 (12 Flat-Footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 12/12
CMB: +1 CMD: 13
Fort: +2 Reflex: +4 Will: +4

Senses: Low Light Vision
Perception: +8 (+9 vs. Traps), Sense Motive: +7

Current Weapon in Hand: Sawtooth Sabre

Active Judgements: Sacred Destruction

Special Abilities: Bleeding Touch (5/5), Judgements (0/1)

Prayers Available Cantrips (At-Will), 1st (2/2)
Orisons: Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Sift, Stabilize
1st Level: Cure Light Wounds, Shield of Faith
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]
OOC: Gregori is panicked for 5 rounds? Bleah. Good luck, guys. He'll just hang out over here and drool like a baby for the next 30 seconds. Guess that's what he gets for talking smack.
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Toddy ran away

Marshan steps back 5', grows into his ogrish form, and swings his mighty hammer, missing the beast.
[sblock=actions]Toddy spooked and running away, Marshan 5' step to F9, swift enlarge to E10, swing enlarged hammer with 15-20' reach[/sblock][sblock=ooc]With Halal moving up, the beast is flanked now, but we still both missed.[/sblock][sblock=mini stats]Marshan ~ Perception: +4; Stealth: +2; Initiative: +2; Low Light vision
AC: 14/12 (12 Touch, 12 Flat-footed) (2 Dex, 2 armor) AC: 12 (not in armor at bar)
HP: 13 Current HP: 10
CMB: 2 CMD: 14 Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +3; +2 vs. Enchantment

Current Weapons in Hand:
MW Lucerne Hammer +2, d12+3 @10' reach; Enlarged: MW Luc Hammer +2, 3d6+4 @15-20' reach
Cestus +2, d4+1 at 5' reach, offhand; When Enlarged: Cestus +2, d6+1 at 5-10' reach
Longbow +2, d8

Skills: +4 Perception, +1 Sense Motive, +2 Stealth; Combat Reflexes
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Mage Hand, Message, Open/Close
.Orisons: Create Water, Light, Stabilize
Summoner 1st Level Spells: 2/2 remaining; Mage Armor, Grease
Cleric 1st Level Spells: 3; Enlarge Self*, Divine Favor, Protection from Evil
Domain Power: 4/3 remaining; Enlarge self as a swift action for 1 round
Summoner Monster I: 4/4 remaining; std action SLA summon, (1 min), Celestial dog, celestial eagle
Channel Energy: 4/3 remaining; 1d6 in a 30' burst, 4/day, DC 11, Not Selective; Does not provoke AoO

Toddy ~
Perception: +4; Stealth: +6; Initiative: +2; Darkvision 60 ft; Size: medium
AC: 14/18 (12 Touch, 12 flat-footed) (2 Dex, 2 NA, usually 4 Mage Armor) Current AC: 14
HP: 6 Current HP: 6
CMB: 3 CMD: 15 Fort: +2 Reflex: +4 Will: +0
Natural Weapons: Bite +3, d6+2 @10' reach; Claw +3, d4+2; Claw +3, d4+2
Skills: +14 Acrobatics, +4 Perception, +0 Sense Motive, +6 Stealth
Feats/Evolutions: Combat Reflexes
, Skilled[Acrobatics](1),Claws(legs)(1), Reach(bite)(1)[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

OOC: Yikes, it's touch AC is better than 14?

Firvinianna continues to use her arcane incantations, "Odulen an len eithad!"

A pin point of light streaks from her out stretched finger to slam into the winged creature for minor damage.

She calls to her companions, "If you hold a moment, I will inspire your next strikes with song."

[sblock=Actions]Free Action: Talking
Standard Action: Cast Magic Missile; 1d4+1=2 :erm:
Move Action: Draw whip[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +5
AC: 17 (10 flat-footed, 13 Touch, 13 w/out Mage Armor)
HP: 11 Current: 11
CMB: -1 CMD: 12 Fort: +0 Reflex: +5 Will: +3 (+5 vs. Enchantments)
+1 for all with Resistance; Immune to Magical Sleep

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Bardic Performance: 6/6 rounds remaining (lingering +2 rounds); Inspire Courage +1, Fascinate, Countersong, Distraction
Elemental Ray:
4/5 Remaining (Turn any elemental spell into Electricity)
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Ray of Frost, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Ghost Sound, Message, Light, Prestidigitation
Sorcerer 1st Level Spells: 3/4 remaining; Mage Armor, Magic Missile
Bard 1st Level Spells: 2/2 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Grease[/sblock]___________________________________________

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"What's this? What's this? Little birdie knows Jack?" the creature says as it dodges Marshan's hammer. It crouches a little as if setting to spring before it leaps up and over the emissaries head.

Landing back to back with the tengu it takes a nonchalant swing at Halál as if toying with him. "Causing no trouble just passing through, aren't we me Love. But a little fun we were wanting to have."

The small fey cocks it's large horned head as if listening. "What's that me Love? You want a feather? Of course, of course I will get one for you."

[sblock=OOC]
perrinmiller said:
OOC: OOC: Yikes, it's touch AC is better than 14?
Yes his AC is 16 and he's not wearing armor so touch AC is 16 (very high DEX)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Actions] Spring Heeled Jacks vault ability allows the above move without drawing AoO. Not sure why I'm thinking it catches people off guard. [/sblock]

Current Status:
Marshan -3HP
Jack 19/26 HP
Toddy panicked 0/1 (can go on his turn - he is about a double move from the fight.)
Gergori panicked 4/5
Firvin - mage armor (should last the whole fight)

Attachments

• CC-CG Jack fight rd3.jpg
    CC-CG Jack fight rd3.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: The fact that it jumps so well (w/out drawing AoOs) leads me to believe that almost all of it's AC probably comes from mobility rather than armor.

Remove ads