"Necessary Evil" OOC

Thanee

First Post
Well, you could move 4 Ranks from Bluff elsewhere, since half of the time, you will have those via Attractive, anyways. ;)

And yeah, max Skill bonus is +30, if you have maxed Ranks and Ability.

[MENTION=13966]Arkhandus[/MENTION]: I understood it the other way around (i.e. Pathfinder skills are not used, because M&M2 skills are so similar already). I'm sure WD can tell us how he meant it. :lol:

Bye
Thanee

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Since I have "Notice" listed and WD approved my sheet, I think we can assume that it is correct. He is pretty good at catching the details.

Walking Dad

First Post
Are we?

http://www.enworld.org/forum/genera...2nd-revised-pathfinder-style.html#post5467249

I thought we use MM2 skills (because they are quite similar to what Pathfinder did already) and only Athletics and Control change a bit, and Concentration is removed.

One thing: Attractive doesn't offer any bonus over 15 Ranks in Bluff, because it is added to the Ranks when comparing with the PL limits.

Bye
Thanee

Thanee is right with this. Will re-look everything ones head hurts less and fever sinks a bit more.

Jemal

Adventurer
So I had some inspiration regarding Siren (also I've decided to go with the name change).

I'm thinking of making her at least a minor member of atlantean royalty - Perhaps her mother was the daughter of the kings niece, or something like that.
Anyways, I'm pondering making her a figure-head/demagogue. She's got the credentials, the charisma, and knows what to say to rabble-rouse, but doesn't really have any clue what to do after that. She has no real ideas for what to do beyond a general goal, and no firm grasp on strategy, so would need another person who's a more 'natural' leader to help her with a plan.

Thoughts? Particularily interested in Perrin's thoughts, since out of all the characters, Octavia seems the group's 'leader' type. Don't want to step on your toes, but if you're willing to work together(And WD approves), I think it would make for some interesting plot hooks and a fun group dynamic.

The charismatic royal hybrid girl who used to hate humans has now realized that the two species have to work together to save their planet, and is intent on rallying both of her people to repel the invaders... And with her Blood, power, and rousing speeches, she may be able to pull it off.. Provided she has good guidance, and someone with some common sense telling her "You DO NOT want to go that way".

Arkhandus

First Post
Actually, I can't remember where I got the idea that it was total skill bonus limited by PL.....odd. Guess it doesn't matter.

At least now we have some GM clarification. I'll check Gemini's sheet and make sure I switch any Pathfinder skills back to M&M skills.

I can't say how Gemini will react to the others, as we still don't have much context. Maybe Octavia will emerge as a leader in the group, or maybe not. Gemini is kinda unpredictable and might try to assume some degree of control over the group, or might try manipulating whoever emerges as a leader, or just tag along semi-independently. Or a mix of all three. Regardless, expect some shenanigans. Gemini's unstable. :D

Play Siren however you like. We'll see how things develop during play.

Jemal

Adventurer
So I made a few minor changes, mostly to skills. She's pretty much done minus gathering the backstory fragments into a cohesive whole.
She's got 1pp left over, I'm leaving it open pending a GM response (when you're up to it, no rush) to the following question:
Considering that the aliens rule the planet, would the Connected feat be at all useful?
[sblock=Siren]
Ondina Naiad AKA SIREN - PL 10 (150 pp)

Abilities: 16pp
STR 10 (+0)
DEX 14 (+2)/18(+4)
CON 10 (+0)/14(+2)
INT 10 (+0)
WIS 14 (+2)
CHA 18 (+4)

Combat : 0pp
Defense: 22 (12 Dodge)
Toughness: +8 (+2 con +6 Protection),
Base Attack: 0
Initiative: +8

Saves: 22 pp
Fort +10 (6 base + 2 con + 2 Enhanced)
Reflex +12 (6 base + 4 dex + 2 Enhanced)
Will +14 (10 base + 2 wis + 2 Enhanced)

Skills: (76 ranks=19pp)
Athletics(+16/12), Bluff(+14/10), Diplomacy(+14/10), Escape Artist(+12/8), Handle Animal(+12/8), Notice(+12/10), Perform:Sing(+14/10), Stealth(+12/8)
*+4 to checks where attractiveness matter*

Feats(20): Animal Empathy(Sea Creatures), Attractive, Benefit(Atlantean Royalty), DodgeX12, Environmental Adaptation(Underwater), Fascinate(Perform), Favoured Environment(Water), Improved Initiative, Uncanny Dodge(Mental)

Powers: 73pp
Atlantean Container: [Descriptor: Racial, PF: Innate] (11pp)
-Comprehend Rank 2: Animals(Speak to and understand), Flaw:Sea Creatures only(-1) - 2pp
-Immunity Rank 3: High Pressure, Cold Environments, Drowning - 3pp
-Super Senses Rank 3: Sonar(Accurate Ultrasonic Hearing) - 3pp
-Swimming Rank 2: 5 mph - 2 pp

Psychic Array: [Descriptor: Mental, ] (45pp)
-PRIMARY: Mental Blast Rank 10 - 40pp
-Illussion Rank 10(Visual & Auditory, PF:progressionX4[100']) *3/rank+4=34* - +1pp
-Emotion Control Rank 10(Dynamic) *2/rank=20* - +2pp
-Telepathy Rank 10(Dynamic) *2/rank=20* - +2pp
**Can use either Mental Blast, OR Illusion, OR emotion control + Telepathy**

Atlantean Armour: Device Rank 4[Hard to Loose] (16pp)
Protection Rank 6 - 6pp
Enhanced Abilities: Con+4, Dex+4 - 8pp
Enhanced Saves: +2 Fort/Ref/Will - 6pp

Drawbacks: Vulnerable to heat(Complication?)

Tradeoffs: +2 Defense/-2 Toughness
COST: 16 Abilities + 19 Skills + 20 Feats + 72 Powers + 0 Combat + 22 Saves = 149/150
[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
Oh, right......actually, it's the Attractive feat itself.........it says it cannot increase your effective rank in the skill beyond the PL limit. So any bonus from the Attractive feat counts towards your total rank in the affected skills for purposes of the PL cap. Whether or not that means you have to reduce your Bluff/Diplomacy ranks or just reduce your total bonus with the Attractive feat is up to GM interpretation of the feat's text.

Since we're now apparently using M&M skills as normal instead of some Pathfinder skills, I had to tweak Gemini a bit in the RG. Lowered his Bluff and Diplomacy ranks a bit to buy ranks of Gather Information and Search, changed Perception to Notice, and increased his Notice rank a bit. Had to remove 1 point from Reflex to get extra skill ranks. Also, I reduced my Quick Change feat rank to 1 and bought the Attractive feat at rank 1, since Gemini should be able to morph into the forms of beautiful people and gain those benefits. He only really needs to use the normal Disguise skill action times when trying to assume a disguise of different mass or non-humanoid, anyway.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I took a look at my skills after seeing we had 2-3 people taking Diplomacy after there was only me in the other group. So I dropped my ranks to distribute them in Escape Artist and picked up Survival. No one took that.

Also, do we need some Knowledge skills in the group? I thought about some, but Octavia has no Int bonus so I was hoping some one else could pick up a few to make the ranks worthwhile.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases