Munchkin Monk Build

marcielle

First Post
With regards to the first guide, just think, how often does the Joker win in the long run?
Go Goliath, if only because they look cooler. There are a few good monk guides out there, the ones I use are:
Whoops! Browser Settings Incompatible and
Whoops! Browser Settings Incompatible
Depending on your web browser, you might get an incompatibility message but the links will still work if you click them

First things first, despite being one of the monks defining features, don't use flurry a lot at low levels unless you suspect your enemy to have a low AC. Second, ALWAYS TAKE STUNNING FIST. It can be seriously buffed up as stated in the aforementioned guides. I highly recomend sandals of tiger's leap + flying kick for decent burst damage early on( Important: Use the Oriental Adventures version, it has higher requirements but is WAY better). I got my DM to give me +1 knockback boots as weapons(remember, monks can technically use their whole body including knees and elbows as weapons so get creative;)) and combined with a reach weapon and improved trip and combat reflexes (no need for proficiency because trip attacks are touch) you can pull of serious shenanigans in tight areas like dungeons and corridors.
You will never surpass an un-nerfed druid or wizard, but with some sourcebook scouring, you can threaten the lower limits of tier 3.
Finally look for dragon magazine 319 for the ability to GRAPPLE GHOSTS and create antimagic fields just by punching.

Also, I like Dandu too:)

Last edited:

Remove ads