Airwalkrr's Maure Castle 3.5 OOC

airwalkrr

Adventurer
No problem, Rhun. We'll get there when we get there.

Here are the current spots, as they are. Technically, I am leaving recruiting open right now because I would like to see more from those players pending approval. I may also approve a fifth slot if it fills some niche that is as-yet not covered. A bard would be a good example.
Skill Expert: Rathan, N human rogue 12 (approved)
Warrior: Zerith, LN human knight 12 (pending approval)
Arcane: s@squ@tch, NG wizard 12 (pending approval)
Divine: Rhun, cleric 12 (pending approval)

s@squ@tch

First Post
DITTO! I think I might have time tonight to redo my PC that has been wiped out several times mid-edit. :( Or at least get something saved. Still loving that 5 STR.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
By all means please post your ideas as they are in-development. Things such as feats you planning to take, skills you plan to invest in, spells you plan to learn, items you intend to buy, and so on are all things that will help your other players in designing their characters. You can do this to help avoid overlapping in abilities, e.g. having multiple characters with lots of ranks in Knowledge (arcana). This should also help you get some synergy out of your builds. Additionally, I will allow cooperative crafting. As long as someone in the party can provide the spells, I will allow you to spend the gold and XP to craft it. You can also discuss using crafting feats for other players. For example, if Rhun's knows Craft Magic Arms & Armor, then I see no reason why Zerith couldn't have his lance enchanted at half-price if Rhun is willing to spend the XP. Of course a trade-off might be reasonable. Zerith could offer to pay Rhun 25% the cost of the item so Rhun gets some extra cast in exchange for XP and Zerith gets to purchase an item at 75% its base price.

Rhun

First Post
I plan of putting together a melee-build for my cleric, to help take the some of the pressure off of Zarith's knight in combat. This should also help Rathan's rogue develop more opportunities for sneak attacks. This will also put an additional body between the enemy, and S@s' wizard.

s@squ@tch

First Post
I was focusing more on things like Spell Penetration, along with various metamagic feats (extend, empower), not planning on taking any crafting feats, as I didn't want to start out as 11th level.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Well to clarify, s@squ@tch, I don't generally handle crafting that way. You go into XP debt for crafting, but it doesn't actually reduce your level. For that matter, neither does dying and being raised or gaining permanent negative levels. All such effects merely reduce your experience point total in some form or fashion. Once you are 12th-level, 12-level you shall always remain.

As for negative levels they apply their penalties temporarily as usual, and amassing as many negative levels as your character level can still kill you. After 24 hours, you save against them if they still remain and a failure results in the negative level going away and an experience point penalty being applied. But your actual level never changes.

Raise dead and resurrection result in your character losing experience points to take him down to what he would have been at halfway through the previous level. True resurrection results in no XP loss. But there is no actual level loss with these situations.

Rhun

First Post
Raise dead and resurrection result in your character losing experience points to take him down to what he would have been at halfway through the previous level. True resurrection results in no XP loss. But there is no actual level loss with these situations.

On a side not, each PC might want to put aside 5000gp in diamonds. That way, if someone dies, my Cleric will be able to use the diamonds to cast Raise Dead.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
And just so we're clear, at least one character will, at some point in this campaign, die. It's just a fact. Learn to live with it now and spare yourself the pain later.

This is a rough campaign. But you wouldn't be here if you didn't like it rough. ;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases