[Adventure] Desolation Island (DM: jsb420; JUDGE: covaithe)

Darksteed

First Post
[sblock=Expertise Feats]Any expertise feat is an illegal option before level 5 to take. With the exception to classes that get an expertise feat as a class feature. Like our hunter friend here.

Sorry Treex. You won't be able to take any expertise feats.

Every player receives a free expertise feat of there choice upon reaching level 5.[/sblock]

treex

First Post
[sblock=Dat Feat] Are you sure? HotFL page 307 has a category of feats called Implement Training, page 319: Orb Expertise, no prerequisites.

Of course, if there is page (or house rules?) stating Expertise feats are illegal, then too bad...I'll just consider Enlarge Spell, maybe. That looks OP, can't wait to slap that onto Phantom Chasm and rip a hole on the battlefield.

EDIT: I found out that there ARE house rules, but can't seem to find the final verdict. What dew?

EDIT2: Sigh, found it. Now considering Battlewise, Enlarge Spell, Phantom Echoes, Improved Defenses, Improved Initiative or Unarmored Agility[/sblock]

Last edited:

Darksteed

First Post
[sblock=Enlarge Spell]Just so you know you can't use Enlarge Spell on Phantom Chasm.

Enlarge Spell
Heroic Tier
Prerequisite: Wis 13, wizard
Benefit: Before using a wizard at-will or encounter attack power, you can choose to take a -2 penalty to each die of damage rolled with the power to increase the size of its blast or its burst by 1.
You can’t use this feat on a power that doesn’t roll dice for damage.[/sblock]

treex

First Post
[sblock=OOC]BLAST! I totally forgot about the errata'd bit :S Well, I'd only be able to Enlarge Grasping Shadows only anyway. So I'll leave that alone for now. I guess I'll take Phantom Echoes then. Thanks for the help guys.[/sblock]

jsb420

First Post
It’s the start of a new day. Gulls squawk and cry as if to herald the coming sun. The prostitutes and denizens of the night have left for their daytime abodes. Across the city, bakers are busy, stable hands are making their rounds and soon wagons from outside the city's walls will begin to enter the city carrying their goods to market.

In the dock ward, there is only one ship at the end of the wharf that is showing any sign of activity. The Salty Dog. Obviously Rogar’s sense of magnificence vastly differs from the mainstream. The twin masted schooner has seen better years. Not far from being dismantled, it definitely looks like it has seen its fair share of voyages in its many years of plying the Shifting Seas. Although long overdue for an overhaul, she does appear seaworthy.

Even though dawn is not far off, already the docks are bustling with activity. Through a light wispy fog, dock hands can be seen hauling large sacks, rolling barrels, and stacking loaded crates of goods some of them bound for distant ports.

Cutting through the crisp morning air is Rogar’s distinctive voice, ”…and if’n ya don’t get me cargo on me ship I’ll be makin’ ya wish yer momma had ne’er met yer pappy!” He turns away from the procession of workers filing onto his ship to scan the wharves. His able-bodied adventurers should be coming soon. Always irritable, Rogar turns back to ship, in search of someone else he can yell at.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Lucien, walks up the to dock and takes a deep breath of the fresh sea air.

"Hey Cap'n! Nice day!"

Lucien is the most upbeat person at the docs. He's obviously a morning person. Then again, last night, he seemed to be an evening person as well, so there's a good chance he's an afternoon person as well.

His mere presence seems to lift spirits and sharpen focus and the nearby doc workers pick up their pace slightly.

treex

First Post
Jesse stumbles along, a massive headache racking his head. The bustling sounds of the waking morning crashed upon him as they echoed and ringed in his ears.

Straining to focus, he greets his fellow adventurer and his dwarven friend, "Sorry, cap'. Must be that 'ale' I drank...oh, Master should have told me about things like this...Ugh, I need to sit down"

He sat on a nearby barrel and rested his head in his hands and his arms on his knees, looking quite miserable indeed.

DemonicJester

First Post
It's still just after dawn as Damien makes his way to the docks.

He is carrying all manner of fowl by some string over his shoulder.
He pauses for a second sniffing the air of the docks and gathering more valuable information about the area than any formal interaction with any of these creatures could divulge to him.

He walks up and chomps down on a leg of meat as he greets his new adventurers.

"Anyone want some?" he inquires as he holds out the birds to the rest of the group.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Finnean reaches out a hand and snatches a bird from Damien. He looks at it dubiously as though he's not actually certain he'll eat it. It's not the Finnean was actually hungry, it's just that he's never refused something that was freely offered. Finnean takes a roll of oilskin and wraps the foul in it for later disposition.

"Er... Thanks," the halfling says forcing a smile.

Circio

First Post
Walking up to The Salty Dog, Ardens notes the bugbear devouring some fowl and the teifling holding his head. He's obviously feeling the repercussions of all those drinks he had last night. Arden's thinks to himself.

Walking up behind Jesse, Ardens uses a small arcane trick he had learned to magically raise the volume of his voice then looks at Damien and says, "You better be planning on eating all of those now. I don't intend to smell those rotting carcasses this entire trip."

Ardens's magically enhanced voice rings through Jesse's head.

Arcana check to raise Ardens's voice

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases