[Adventure] Desolation Island (DM: jsb420; JUDGE: covaithe)

Darksteed

First Post
[sblock=H.M. Gimlord] Just wanted to point out to you that Dragonborn Fury is +1 to attack rolls well bloodied not damage. Minor issue really.[/sblock]

treex

First Post
[sblock=OOC]There's a Pyro here, so I'm rewriting Jesse to be controller/different element blaster :D[/sblock]

Last edited:

jsb420

First Post
After the introductions, Rogar looks at the assembled group, thinking to himself, "Hmm... strange gathering this 'un. A human of the magic pursuasion, a rumblebelly with twitchy fingers, and three that are more monster than man."

"We are agreed then. Ye'll get yer pay after we git back. Me boat is berthed nearest the seagate. She willna be hard to miss, tis the most majestic seaworthy vessel this city has ever seen. Well and done then."
, and with that Rogar drains the last dregs of his ale. "I need to be movin' on. I needs to procure some necessary supplies afore we launch."

He shakes hands with everyone: eye to eye with the halfling (Rogar's other hand on his coin purse); hesitantly gripping both the feline-looking one and the bugbear hands; with a respectful nod to the aged dragonborn; with the horned one (his good eye never moving from the horns); and finally the arcane human. "Now, at dawn's light, me 'n me ship are a headin' out, the seas wait for no man. An' since I'm in a such a giving mood, i'll be buyin' next round."

With that, the salty dwarf, heads to the bartender and you see him drop enough coins for another round of drinks and then some. After talking to the barkeep, the two shake hands, and without even a look back at those still gathered around the table, The dwarf exits the Hanged Man.

[sblock=ooc]So we are now a party, who brought the chips!
go ahead and roleplay more if you want. I am assuming that prior to heading to the Salty Dog you will gather all supplies you think you'd need. I will (hopefully) make another post tonight.
[/sblock]

treex

First Post
"Did you see the way he was staring at my horns? Sheesh, how rude."Jesse grumbles.

The clattering coins come to a stop and one or two roll off the table. Jesse bends over and scoops it back up, "Well, at least he treated us to these drinks. Oh, speaking of drinks, first time I've had any in my whole life! Lived in a tower with my master, never got much 'cept maybe some Tigerwasp Honey."

Jesse smacks his lips as he eyes a mug of Winter Ale and tells the waitress to serve him "one of those". She comes back a little later and Jesse holds the mug up to his cheeks and nuzzles it. Giggling, the waitress walks off to serve other customers and leaves Jesse in peace.

[sblock=OOC] Hope my writing is decent. Don't know what the standards are so please don't flame the noob.

On another note, someone smooth out the kinks in my now Illusionist Mage? LINK HERE[/sblock]

Last edited:

DemonicJester

First Post
With the departure of the dwarf Damien looks back at the bar. He walks up and orders a drink of ale.

He squats next to the tiefling without giving the creature another glance.

I swear to god if this thing doesn't stop making noise it will soon experience another part of this world its probably never experienced... six feet under the ground...

He chuckles to himself at the thought of his own joke. He then ponders what kind of game may be within the region for him to hunt before the meeting next dawn.

[sblock=OOC]
Treex I have one suggestion, take orb implement training class feature and take the feat to take the "superior implement training: crystal orb"

Superior Implement Training: Crystal Orb
Superior
Cost: 27 gp
Weight: 2 lb.

A crystal orb looks similar to an accurate orb, but has a faceted surface and might appear in any color.

Properties:
Energized (psychic) (When you use an attack power through an energized implement, you gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls if the power has the keyword that matches the implement’s damage type. The bonus increases to +3 at 11th level and +4 at 21st level.).
Undeniable (You gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls against Will when attacking with an undeniable implement.).

Group:
Orb (If you are a member of a class that can use an orb as an implement, you can apply the enhancement bonus of an orb to the attack rolls and the damage rolls of any of your powers from that class that have the implement keyword, and you can use an orb’s properties and powers. Members of other classes gain no benefit from wielding an orb.
An orb is a heavy, round object, usually made of glass or crystal, of a size to fit comfortably in the palm of your hand. Orbs range in color, from clear glass to solid ebony, with storms of color erupting deep within their depths. As with most other implements, you can’t make melee attacks with an orb.
).

Since most of your skills involve psychic implement modifiers this would synergize nicely with those abilities and give your illusion spells (which hit will) undeniable[/sblock]

Darksteed

First Post
*He shakes the man's hand and nods slightly to him. He would have to play nice for now in order to get paid. His ken tiger eyes glance over the others there.*

Do not be worried demon-blooded. You are an unusual sight to behold around these parts. People will stare get over it and quickly.

*He unfolds his arms and reaches up to draw up his hood over his head. Concealing his feline features once again in the utter darkness of his deep heavy cowl.*

I shall meet you all once again upon the vassal.

*He nods to them in general before turning and making his way towards the taverns door and towards the vassal. He was going to make sure this wasn't a trap for him. Being a wanted criminal and all.*

treex

First Post
Jesse spills some of his freezing cold ale onto his crotch.

"OH GOSH! Cold, cold, cold, cold, cold, cold, cold!!" he exclaims as he gets up and tries to peel off the soaked cloth from his skin.

[sblock=OOC] Can you just post something OOC or must all posts have something at least relevantly IC? (I don't mind the latter, it's fun [for now])

I'm a mage, I don't believe I get any implement training at all :<

EDIT: I am now torn between Orb Expertise and Staff Expertise. Staff prevents OA when I range/area attack with staff as implement. Orb seems to synergise but the feat itself seems weak (extra push/pull?) I don't understand the mechanics of how pushing/shifting can help you. Enlighten me please? :D[/sblock]

Last edited:

Circio

First Post
Ardens watches the tiefling, a look of confusion briefly flickering across his face.

How could someone this ignorant possibly hold any real power? Ardens thinks to himself. I just hope his ignorance does not end up putting me in danger.

With that thought in mind, he gets up and goes to the barkeep. Instead of using the gold left by the dwarf to buy drinks, he uses his share to get a room upstairs for the night. As he walks upstairs, he turns back to look at his new "party" before shaking his head and heading off to his room.

[sblock=treex]DemonicJester's recommendation of looking into superior implement training with the crystal orb is a great recommendation, but you're exactly right about the implement training. Since you're going with the mage, you gain training with a school of magic (Illusion) instead of any form of implement.

Also, I forgot when we were talking in PMs earlier that, at level 5, you get an expertise feat as a bonus feat (as per L4W house rules). At least, this is what I remember reading at one point and can see on character sheets, such as this one. However, I can't find the source for it. If someone could confirm that, it would be great. That said, I'm not sure if you're allowed to take the feat before then and just retrain it later on. I don't see why you wouldn't be, but this is also my first character on here so I don't know for sure. Either way, I would definitely keep DemonicJester's superior implement recommendation in mind. It's a good one. Here's a couple more comments for you on your character sheet.

• Magic Missile counts a a ranged basic attack. It's much more effective than your thrown dagger and you already have it, so it's not like you need to do anything to get it.
  • Whether you keep Staff Expertise or go with another feat, add it into your abilities. If you have +1 to hit, add it to the to hit on your attacks in the power blocks and in the math section down below. That way all your bonuses are listed in one place and anyone looking at your character sheet can quickly see everything.
  • Along those same lines, you may want to add the on-hit attack penalty you impose due to your Apprentice Mage class feature. This will make it easier to remember to apply as you're doing your attacks and, once again, makes it easier for anyone else (particularly our DM) who is looking at your character sheet to get a quick rundown of everything you can do.
All-in-all, your mage looks good. I don't see any kinks that you need smoothed out. :)[/sblock]

[sblock=jsb420]Thanks for starting this adventure. I tried to give you some experience for it, but apparently I haven't given enough people experience since the last time I did to give you any more. If I could ask one, small favor, could you update everyone's colors in the first post to match with the final colors they are using? It would be greatly appreciated.[/sblock]

[sblock=Response to treex's edit]Push/pull/slide gives you a tactical advantage on the battlefield as it gives you control over the layout of the battlefield. As a ranged controller (Illusionist), you can use pushes/pulls/slides to put your enemies in disadvantageous positions or to remove them from beneficial positions (i.e. flanking or being adjacent to a squishy ally). If you have any abilities that target allies or all creatures in an area, you can also use them to remove your allies from dangerous positions or put them into beneficial positions. Any +'s to the distance you can push/pull/slide is a huge benefit as it gives you even greater control over everyone's position on the battlefield.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads