Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Mad_Jack

Legend
So, I think I have an idea for my summer project. I'm going to put together a tank model ( not sure on which tank and what scale) and this guy.

Any suggest about tanks,or scale? I'm looking at 1/35 maybe...the big guy is supposedly 25mm i think...

EDIT: I found a review that says he's 9″ and 9″ long, and even shows he next to a WH40K mini.

Reaper's Big Guy is a massive hunk of plastic. Technically, Reaper minis are "Heroic 28mm", which means that the average person is about 30mm tall.
There's some debate and it varies between manufacturers, but generally 1/43 scale cars look about right when placed in the same diorama with miniatures. So you can probably extrapolate from that to figure out what scale of tank would look good.

Reaper's Big Guy is a massive hunk of plastic. Technically, Reaper minis are "Heroic 28mm", which means that the average person is about 30mm tall.
There's some debate and it varies between manufacturers, but generally 1/43 scale cars look about right when placed in the same diorama with miniatures. So you can probably extrapolate from that to figure out what scale of tank would look good.
Buy 25mm mini, get 28mm mini. Buy 28mm mini, buy 30mm mini...

Making this one of the few industries where you get more than you ordered.

And one of the few industries where that is not (speaking for myself at the least) desirable.

Reaper says their other minis are the heroic 25mm, and i have a couple of Great Worms from them and compared that size to the two 1/35 models I already have and they are about even in size. So,i'll more than likely go with 1/35 tanks,since that's also the recommended size for beginners. So it just comes down to which tank (i'm thinking an MA1A1/A2 Aberms or a WWII era tank) and what color (s) to paint the big guy.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Legion is one of the best television shows I've ever seen. Episode 3 just aired here, and I'm already placing it in front of everything on the air right now. Like, I'm not saying that it's the Twin Peaks of this current superhero era we are living in, but it kinda is.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
The first season is going to be just 8 episodes, which is no wonder with all the stuff they have in there.

Really really hoping that the rest of the season delivers all that it's promised so far.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Music video (spoilers to episode 1 of Legion):

[sblock]
[video=youtube;bJasNm62ORA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJasNm62ORA[/video]
[/sblock]

Edit: damn... I did not realize that the image for that video was itself the very same spoiler I was referring to. Spoilerblocked.

Last edited:

Buy 25mm mini, get 28mm mini. Buy 28mm mini, buy 30mm mini...

Making this one of the few industries where you get more than you ordered.

And one of the few industries where that is not (speaking for myself at the least) desirable.

I always thought it was 25mm = five foot thus for an adventurer whom is nearly six foot tall would be about 28 mm tall.

Legion is one of the best television shows I've ever seen. Episode 3 just aired here, and I'm already placing it in front of everything on the air right now. Like, I'm not saying that it's the Twin Peaks of this current superhero era we are living in, but it kinda is.

Potencially the most powerful mutant ever. How close do they keep it to the comics?

Remove ads