Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I have been playing Fantasy Age. Thoughts below:

- It is definitely a "fantasy heartbreaker". That is not a bad thing.
- Magic-users trade a limited resource of "magic points", and needing to roll to cast a spell, for powerful spells. Most of our encounters were resolved at the point the magic-user cast a spell. Since the magic-user has yet to come near to running out of "magic points", I am unsure of the viability of this limitation.
- I am convinced, more and more, that a standard array is the way to go. Rolling almost guarantees a lack of balance; point-buy almost guarantees optimization.
- I am not sure armour is as useful as high defence, and the armour penalties seem a little high.
- The game is fun and plays fast.

Edit: I have since been informed by our magic user that they currently have one remaining magic point.
So.. does that mean once you use up magic points, it's all gone for good and you are just a meat shield?

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
I have been playing Fantasy Age. Thoughts below:

- It is definitely a "fantasy heartbreaker". That is not a bad thing.
- Magic-users trade a limited resource of "magic points", and needing to roll to cast a spell, for powerful spells. Most of our encounters were resolved at the point the magic-user cast a spell. Since the magic-user has yet to come near to running out of "magic points", I am unsure of the viability of this limitation.
- I am convinced, more and more, that a standard array is the way to go. Rolling almost guarantees a lack of balance; point-buy almost guarantees optimization.
- I am not sure armour is as useful as high defence, and the armour penalties seem a little high.
- The game is fun and plays fast.

Edit: I have since been informed by our magic user that they currently have one remaining magic point.
Sounds cool. I've been wanting to pick it up. Maybe I'll buy it as an early Christmas present to myself.

Sounds cool. I've been wanting to pick it up. Maybe I'll buy it as an early Christmas present to myself.
I have not yet actually read the book. This has so far proved little impediment to play - which could be seen as a net positive.
So.. does that mean once you use up magic points, it's all gone for good and you are just a meat shield?
Magic points recover per-day.

Had a good two days off from work. (rare to get my days off back to back without requesting it)

DAY ONE
Plastic on house, put Kayaks away, summer stuff away.
Received mini's from Miniature Market
Gamed including the infamous "Kyr- are you Xoriat?"

DAY TWO
More winter projects outside, cleane dthe hobby room some, suffering from back pain due to plastic
Ate out with the Wife
Saw Murder on the Orient Express with wife.
Made maps for future games

Busy and productive two days off.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
[video=youtube;tqEVCTMkBnI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqEVCTMkBnI[/video]

In other news, I am finally playing Crusader Kings and so very confused by the millions of options.

Remove ads