Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

...I shall not murder the NPCs in the "Desolate Mine" quest myself...I shall not...

A corridor full of goblins, so of course they do their best to run past the "obstacles" to get at goblins that are not even visible. Meanwhile, the goblins are focusing entirely on myself...

I think... I shall ignore the idiots, and not start the quest proper, until there is one last goblin. Then, and only then, will I be reasonably sure they will manage to get at least one thing right.

Edit: Of course. There is a gate, and it needs a key.

Edit the Second, Son of Edit: There is a log trap that is nearly guaranteed to kill at least one of them down one hallway. Run towards it and trip it first, then engage more than your fair share of goblins.

Given the way other AIs have behaved in the game in the past, I am guessing that their incompetence is deliberate; which aligns with their bosses' opinion of them.

Last edited:

I find the competing insistences that a game must be either completely "realistic", or to never take "realism" into account, to be somewhat odd.

And, perhaps, generally more attached to and attained in theory, than in practice.

It is more likely that most groups play with levels of "realism" and "fantasy" that suit their particular tastes for the subject matter and genre at hand, and that, when pressed, I doubt the proverbial anyone would want to role-play every day of a three-month voyage.

However, I am also dubious of a conversation along these lines I have seen more than once online:

Poster: "I wish to play in the following style: [X]"

Reply: "No-one wants to play like that. Do not bother."

There is an inherent contradiction in this sequence that renders the second statement false by default... And so, if someone expressed the wish or desire to try it, it would seem reasonable to assume they could likely find at least one other person to play with.

And, to note, Dadaist fiction exists, so there are likewise those who would express the wish to play in a campaign in a campaign without a shred of reason or logic.

Also, I am exceedingly tired, as the machine which solves my sleep apnea has been undergoing parts and repairs for some time.

I hope that, when I regain some semblance of awakedness, the posts I have posted still resemble a reasonable and rational thing to say. Otherwise, I should have to apologize.

I like classic English, by which I mean a pidgin of various formalities that I find appealing and still clear for the understanding.

what is you native language?
That would also be English - Although as an abstract thinker, everything is translated coming and going.

I can yak at ya in casual, real-people English to - Is all goin' through a babel fish anyway. :) I mean, you say what is your native language, an' I be hearing somethin' like "communication: subset [original/base] - identity: query", although dat's a summation of somethin' that don' have words, anyways.

I jes likes bein' formal, sometimes. :) I mean, if you really want, I could try to communicate in abstract at all times, but that might get a bit wearying on us both, as that part of my brain is a bit far from the part that IO's the words. :)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Hmmm, so that Is the tail of a fish I see sticking out of your ear then! do you have your towel and 'don't panic button' with you?

Remove ads