D&D 4th Edition And the Uppity Shoeshine... (DM:twilsemail; Judge: renau1g) - Page 13

Scout (Lvl 6)

Ignore Dekana
    Toeto steps around Fredrock to get onto the wooden bridge - anything to get closer to the stranded Kaz, even if it means walking right up to the giant crocodile. Meanwhile, Sprout walks on the sewer water to get next to the croc and adds his own screech to Scarm's cacophony. It's enough of a distraction for the kenku to withdraw back to the bridge.

Stat block/Actions
    Actions
    No action: Monster Knowledge check for the croc. I'll assume it's Nature. Result is Nature 31. (1d20+14=31) She'd better know everything about crocodiles, growing up in a swamp! She gets its name, type, temperament, keywords, powers, and resistances and vulnerabilities.

Move: Toeto walks to J5 and Sprout to J7 (floating on top of the water).

Standard: Voice of Battle vs Giant Croc probably misses Will 13, but it's 9 psychic damage if it hits. Hit or miss, Scarm can shift 2 squares as a free action. (1d20+9=13;1d6+7=9)

Minor: Perception 21. (1d20+12=21). At least I can hear it coming to kill me.

PC:Toeto (Dekana) - L4W Wiki - Female Lizardfolk Shaman 6
    Initiative +5, Senses: Insight +7, Perception +12; low-light vision
    HP 53/53; Bloodied 26, Surge Value 13, Surges 10/10
    AC 22; Fortitude 18, Reflex 16, Will 19
    Speed 5
    Action Points 1

Conditions

Powers
    Spirit's Shield, OA through Sprout: +9 vs Ref, 4 damage, effect: one ally within 5 squares of the SC gains 7 hp (10 if adjacent to the SC).
    Call Spirit Companion, Imposter's Finemail, Protecting Strike, Voice of Battle
    Certain Threat, Healing Spirit x2, Lizardfolk Recovery, Speak with Spirits, Spring Renewal Strike, Sudden Restoration
    Healing Word, Hungry Spirits Totem, Protective Roots, Spirit of the Healing Flood, Wind of Pain and Succor

Notes
    Any ally adjacent to Toeto's spirit companion regains +3 additional hit points when he or she uses second wind or when Toeto uses a healing power on him or her.
    Boon: When Toeto summons Sprout, enemies adjacent to her take 1 radiant damage and allies adjacent to Sprout gain 1 THP.

Spirit Companion notes
    The spirit companion is treated as a conjuration with some exceptions.
    • It occupies 1 square like an ally does.
    • It is only affected by melee or ranged attacks (not close/area attacks or zones).
    • It is dispersed if it takes 13 or more damage from a single blow, and Toeto takes 8 damage. It is otherwise unaffected by attacks. It uses Toeto's defenses.
    • It cannot be flanked and it does not grant flanking.
    • The companion can move 5 squares whenever Toeto takes a move action. It is not affected by difficult terrain.
    Last edited by Dekana; Saturday, 9th July, 2011 at 10:08 PM. Reason: clarified OA in statblock
    close the world, .txEn eht nepo

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Ignore Mewness
    OOC: Scarm will shift back to I5. Thanks Dekana.
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Ignore Xeterog
    OOC: i've been busy with work...tonight is D&D night. will post on Sunday...but my basic plan is to double move over to Kaz (across the bridge, hoping to make the athletics check--I think I can just make it), Mark, then AP to attack the creature next to Kaz (assuming he is still there now..haven't pharsed the actions yet).

In 4th edition, attacking does not always break invisibility, tho the creature would not be hidden again until they made a stealth check (and with total concealment from invis, they could do with a move action)...
    Last edited by Xeterog; Saturday, 9th July, 2011 at 11:02 PM.
    -Xeterog

Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

Ignore H.M.Gimlord
    OOC: That's why I wanted to know if the invisibility was a magical effect or a terrain effect.
    LEB Character: Arkavas - Deva Artivicer 5
    L4W Character: Mikara Li Mesadh - Elf Ranger 7
    L4W Character: Eithal Lemindt Arehei - Goliath Warden 10
    L4W Character: Ixenvalignat - Dragonborn Warlord 3

"Taking one's chances is like taking a bath, because sometimes, you end up feeling comfortable and warm, and sometimes, there is something terrible lurking around that you cannot see until it is too late, and you can do nothing else but scream and cling to a plastic duck." -Lemony Snicket The Slippery Slope

Defender (Lvl 8)

Ignore Luinnar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeterog View Post
    OOC: I think I can just make it), Mark, then AP to attack the creature next to Kaz .
    OOC: The creature is at L19 now
    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Ignore Xeterog
    OOC: not the red cap Yea, spreading damage, but maybe me and Kaz can take of the two over on the other side, while the rest take out the croc and company.

Couple of requests/suggestions: Terrain effects would be helpful in every DM turn update (had to go back to the start of combat to find the dc for crossing the pipe). and Monsters current location in the summary.

I'll go help Kaz...unless you need help with that big ol' croc there Eithal? Fredrock says as he moves over to the Red cap and takes a swing. Hey, there is something in the corner there..passed it on the way over here..watch out!

actions

Passive perception 17, so I know there is something in G7, but I ignore (or attempt to ignore) it as I walk by
    Move: I5-I6-I7 -H8(AOO from creature in G7, 18 misses..Free Trigger Battle Resilience Effect DR 7 TEONT)-G9
    Move:F10 (athletics check, 17 passed) - F11 -G12-H13-I14
    Minor:Battlemind Demand on Red Cap to mark him
    AP:Standard:Iron Fist on Red Cap: Hits AC 28 (if he's invisible, it's a 23 instead) for 17 damage: Effect DR4 TEONT (does not stack with DR7 from Battle Resilience)

Fredrock

Summary: (assuming I did make it to the Red Cap and was not knocked down or anything on the way over)
    Locatin: I14
    Mark: Red Cap
    DR 7 (or 4 if no AO from Croc)
    AP Used

Fredrock Hammersmith - Male Dwarf Battlemind, level 6
    Passive Perception: +17, Passive Insight: +22 Senses: Low-Light
    Init +2, Speed:5
    AC:23, Fort:19, Reflex:19, Will:23
    HP 64/64, Bloodied:32, Surge Value:16, Surges left:13/13
    Action Points: 0/1, Power points 4/4
    Powers-
    Blurred Step link
    Battlemind Demand link
    Mind Spike link
    Bull's Strength link
    Iron Fist link
    Mist Weapon link
    Second Wind link
    Battle Resilience link
    Telepathic Challenge link
    :range:Psionic Ambush link
    Aspect of Elevated Harmony link
    Beckoning Strike link
    Beckoning Strike attack

Item powers
    Dwarven Scale armor link
    Manifestor Weapon link

MBA +12 vs AC, 1d10+8 (brutal 2)
    RBA +2 vs AC, 1d4-1 (improvised..would have to pick up a rock or something)
    Last edited by Xeterog; Monday, 11th July, 2011 at 03:53 PM.
    -Xeterog

Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

Ignore H.M.Gimlord
    Eithal waves Fredrock on over to help Kaz. "Nevah mahnd li'l ole' me Freddie. Ah got theyis ovahgrown hayandbayag undah controwl!" She manages a smile despite being mawhandled by the large beast.

"Taking one's chances is like taking a bath, because sometimes, you end up feeling comfortable and warm, and sometimes, there is something terrible lurking around that you cannot see until it is too late, and you can do nothing else but scream and cling to a plastic duck." -Lemony Snicket The Slippery Slope

Novice (Lvl 1)

Ignore ronakshah2000
    There's something in the corner near Scarm! Yishim blast the Croc further up the sewer, and near to the invisible creature. Once their bunched up, a strange illusion assaults the enemy's senses. Reflections of the wall and waters change places, distances are stretched. The croc finds itself unable to move and reeling from the distracting maze of mirrors.
    OOC: Tough to get a burst off in here! As a request to the DM, which need not be taken, it would be great to have a mid-round map update in high movement rounds like this.

Actions

Minor: Perception 22

Standard: Phantom Bolt Croc 22 vs. Will probably hits for 16 damage, and slide him to H9-I10
    Rolls.

AP: Maze of Mirrors F7-H9. Hits Croc for 25 vs. Will, and maybe the creature in G7 for 21 (or 16 if -5) vs Will. I'll play my Heroic Action on the first roll that misses; let me know if I had to use it. Creatures hit are immobilized and take -5 to attack rolls until end of my next turn.

Yishim Stat Block
    Yishim- Male Human Wizard 6
    Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 20
    AC:22, Fort:15, Reflex:20, Will:19, Resist 10 Force -- Speed:6
    HP:41/41, Bloodied:20, Surge Value:10, Surges left:6/6
    Initiative +7
    Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
    Notable Feats: Action Surge, Phantom Echoes, Enlarge Spell
    Powers: Freezing Burst, Phantom Bolt, Shield, Levitate, Heroic Effort, Grasping Shadows, Maze of Mirrors, Orb of Deception, Orb of Insurmountable Force, Phantom Chasm, Visions of Avarice, Brooch of Shielding
    Other: Deathwalker's Boon (19-20 Crit Range vs. Undead, does not draw OAs from Undead and passes through thier squares as allies)
    PC:Yishim (ronakshah2000) - L4W Wiki
    http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Yishim_(ronakshah2000)

Scout (Lvl 6)

Ignore Dekana
    Quote Originally Posted by ronakshah2000 View Post
    Hits Croc for 25 vs. Will, and maybe the creature in G7 for 21 (or 16 if -5) vs Will.
    OOC: Concealment doesn't apply to area attacks, so you should get the full 21 on the second roll.
    close the world, .txEn eht nepo

Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

Ignore H.M.Gimlord
    Eithal struggles with surges and grunts to free herself from the vise-like grip of the subterranean reptile. As she does, she grabs hold of the creature lurking in the corner, "Hey, *hmpf* sweetie. Yew need tah stayand *hmpf* heyah whayah we cayan *hmpf* see yew *hmpf* bettah!", and pulls it out into the open.
    OOC: I know that not knowing enemy stats is a part of the suspense, but a downside to this is that it's hard to post fluff when you don't know if your actions hit or not. It's also difficult for other players to know if the Croc gets pulled or not. Luckily that part doesn't matter because Eithal went last, but in the future, it could get messy with retcons.
    Actions
    Free: Mark Croc and Bad guy at M7

Move:
    Escape
    Athletics: 1d20+14=20 vs. Croc's Fortitude
    If that works, Eithal will shift to M8

Standard: Thorn Strike if Escaped, Strength of Stone if not
    Target: Croc
    Attack: 1d20+13=19 vs. AC for 1d12+7=15 damage
    If Thorn Strike Hits (not likely): Pull to L8-K9

Minor: Warden's Tempest
    Target: Blue guy at M7
    Effect: Slide the Blue guy to L7
    Now we can flank him
    Eithal's Ministats
    Eithal Lemindt Arehei Female Goliath Warden Level 7
    Initiative: +3
    Speed 6
    Passive Perception: 18; Passive Insight: 13; Senses: Normal
    Powerful Athlete: Roll twice for Jump/Climb Athletics checks
    AC: 21; Fort: 21; Reflex: 15; Will: 17
    HP: 59/78
    Surge Value: 19; Surges left: 13/13
    Action Points:0

At Will Powers:
    Strength of Stone link
    Thorn Strike link
    Warden's Fury link
    Warden's Grasp link

Encounter Powers:
    Grasping Winds link 1d20+13 vs AC
    Hit: 1d12+7 and Eithal pulls each enemy within 3 squares of her 2 squares.

Relentless Panther Attack link 1d20+13 vs Reflex
    Hit: 2d12+7 damage, and ongoing 5 damage (save ends)

Miss:
    Half damage, and ongoing 2 damage (save ends).

Effect: Before the attack, Eithal shifts her speed

Burst of Earth's Fury link 1d20+13 vs. AC
    Hit: 1d12+7 damage, and the target cannot shift until the end of your next turn.

Mountain Hammer link 1d20+13 vs AC
    Hit: 2d12+7 damage and the target takes a -5(Earthstrength) penalty to melee attack rolls until the end of Eithal's next turn

Stone's Endurance link
    Effect: Eithal gains resist 5 to all damage until the end of her next turn

Warden's Tempest link
    Effect: Eithal Slides the target 1 square

Second Wind

Daily Powers:
    Form of the Relentless Panther link
    +2 bonus to Reflex and a +1 bonus to attack rolls against enemies marked by Eithal.

In addition, she can shift 2 squares as a move action.

Special: Once during this encounter, Eithal can use the Form of the Relentless Panther Attack power while she is in the form of the Relentless Panther.

Storm Strike link 1d20+13 vs. AC
    Hit: 1d12+7 Lightning damage and Eithal slides the target 3 squares

Miss:
    Half damage and Eithal slides the target 1 square

Bear's Endurance link
    Trigger: Eithal drops to 0 hitpoints or fewer

Effect:
    Eithal regains hitpoints as if she has spent a healing surge

Feats:
    Sudden Roots: Whenever Eithal hits an enemy with an Opportunity Attack, that enemy is slowed until the end of its next turn.

Crushing Earthstrength: When Eithal uses her second wind, she gains a +4 bonus to her weapon damage rolls until the end of her next turn.

Guard of Stone: While Eithal is under the effect of her stones endurance racial power, each enemy marked by Eithal takes an additional penalty to attack rolls for attacks that dont include Eithal as a target. The penalty equals her Constitution modifier and lasts until the end of her next turn.

Courage of the Lone Stag: When you mark three or more enemies with Natures Wrath, you gain a +2 bonus to weapon damage rolls against creatures you mark until the start of your next turn. This bonus increases to +3 at 11th level, and to +4 at 21st level.

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast