And the Uppity Shoeshine... (DM:twilsemail; Judge: renau1g)

twilsemail

First Post
Rustavich appears to have missed Toeto's question. That or he isn't acknowledging it. "When did I last see him? I'm fairly sure he broke his fast with me yesterday morning." He turns his eyes to Reeve who nods slightly in agreement. "Yes, I'm sure of it. Breakfast yesterday."

"As to when this thing arrived... I found it waiting on my desk when I entered my office this morning. Perhaps three hours after dawn."

I don't recognize this little creation, Yishim says. But the vision it portrays is dishearting enough. There's little to direct us to where the... battle occurred.

Except for the sword. Battle tested it may be, but something tells me there's more to the story. Reeve, perhaps you can tell me.

Yishim does his best to fix the senechal with a firm gaze, but betrays his lack of confidence more than a little.
[sblock=Arcana, Insight]
I miss the rolling. I don't miss the rolls.

Arcana, Insight (1d20+13=16, 1d20+10=12)[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Eithal picks the insectoid construct up after Yishim puts it down, "Oooooh! Ah thowt yoah lahf was s'posed tah flayash befoah yoah fayce whayen yew dah, but theis boah di'n' see nothin' but the bayack of heyis hayand." She puts the metal sculpture down and thinks hard over the scene that it revealed for clues as to where the event might have occurred.[sblock=Musings]History: 1d20+3=16
Dungeoneering: 1d20+3=5
Nature: 1d20+10=25[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
Despite the marvel he felt when looking at the image in the bug, he was instantly saddened for the man. He would have to find the man's child for him soon.

OOC: I'm a bit confused. Shod is the son's companion? Is he dead too?

twilsemail

First Post
OOC: I'd typed up a pretty hefty reply when the computer froze. I'm going to take 5 minutes and then work on composing it again.

[MENTION=44459]Luinnar[/MENTION]; Shod was a warforged companion of Mikhael (the son). He had a Final Messenger (warforged component) and that's the wasp you guys are toying with now.

twilsemail

First Post
The seneschal looks about nervously as attention is called to him. While he is reluctant to speak up at first, he withers under Yishim’s hard gaze. “Shod filled Master Mikhael’s head with dreams of adventure. He so dearly wanted that sword; I couldn’t… I didn’t…”

Rustavich leaps to his feet and bellows. “You disobeyed me? Mikha is dead because of that gods-be-damned sword… Out!” He hurls direction in the form of a pointed finger at the door. Reeve scampers out.

A moment later and he’s calm, collected and pouring himself a drink. “I apologise for the outburst. He is too scared to speak in front of me. Perhaps you might get some more information from him.”

He sighs, "My temper does not usually run this hot. They boy, and his dreams, can bring out the worst in me. He can be so like his mother..." The last is wistful. It's apparent that Mikhael's mother is no longer in Rustavich's life.

GM: The investigation into Mikhael’s fate will be a skill challenge using Iron Sky’s system. Each round will lead the PCs into a new area of investigation. RP can continue. When the party appears ready to kick off the investigation, I’ll post the rules for the challenge.

Mewness

First Post
Scarmiglione takes the metal wasp and fiddles with it. "I wonder how smart these things are," he murmurs. "Do you suppose that it could find its way back if it went through a portal, or was teleported, or somesuch? Well, no matter. Unless Yishim has ways of divining the lad's location, we will simply have to ask after him." He turns to Rustavich. "Do you have a picture of your son? Of his face, that is."

I have the ability to confer with the recently departed, but not from afar, Scarm. Master Rustavich, do you know if there are any particular tales of adventure that Mikhael was fond of?

twilsemail

First Post
"I've had several portraits done. The oldest is no more than six months old. It's hanging along side images of myself and my father in the library. Should we go and have a look? I don't think we have anything of a size you could take with you."

To Yishim, "He always prefered tales with swashed buckles and rakish rogues saving the maiden from some dastardly villain. The Crimson Primrose. The Three Fusiliers. That sort of thing."

Mewness

First Post
"Let us see the pictures," says Scarmiglione. "I don't think it will be necessary to bring one with us. Yishim can use illusions to recreate an image if needed."

Remove ads