IH - Ascension errata?

SolitonMan

Explorer
Supporter
Hi, I just downloaded the Immortals Handbook - Ascension from RPGNow this morning and started reading through it. When I reached the middle of the first column on page 5, in the section "How to Use This Book," I found this (no copyright infringement intended):

While divinity itself covers the basic attributes gained by immortals, it
is the portfolios which really add the flavor. These outline
To further individualise each immortalyou have a large list of unique
abilities to draw upon.
So, in brief. You choose the methods of gaining quintessence you plan
to allow in your campaign. Determine the characters divinity.

The book advocates (and explains) roleplaying worshippers and
servants, as well as the deity. Thereby spreading the campaign to cover
the full spectrum of gaming possibilities where each is an integral part of
the whole.

I'm not an expert on grammar, but I honestly don't understand the chunk of text before "The book advocates...". It seems there should be more text in this section. Since I've only just started reading, I thought I'd try to find out if there's any errata that might exist. I've checked the Immortality page but I don't see any links to something helpful. If anyone has any info or links to appropriately updated downloads, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks! :)

Hey there SolitonMan! :)

Thanks for pointing this out.

There is indeed a missing sentence and a missing part of a sentence.

"While divinity itself covers the basic attributes gained by immortals, it
is the portfolios which really add the flavor. These outline the areas of reality the immortal has dominion over. To further individualise each immortal you have a large list of unique abilities to draw upon.

So, in brief. You choose the methods of gaining quintessence you plan
to allow in your campaign. Determine the characters divinity. Then pick your portfolios and abilities.
"

The last update did (at the time) include all the errata found by that point. I know a handful have been mentoned since then.

I'd be happy to keep a link on the (immortals handbook) website that keeps track of everything reported (starting with this mistake).

SolitonMan

Explorer
Supporter
Hey, thanks for the quick reply and for the missing text! :) A link on the IH website would be great, it'd make it very easy then to find this type of stuff.

Will you be issuing any updated versions of the 3E stuff at some point, or has 4E development kind of overshadowed that possibility?

Hello again SolitonMan! :)

SolitonMan said:
Hey, thanks for the quick reply and for the missing text! :)

Very least I could do. :)

A link on the IH website would be great, it'd make it very easy then to find this type of stuff.

I will add an errata page to the IH website sometime this week. ;)

Will you be issuing any updated versions of the 3E stuff at some point, or has 4E development kind of overshadowed that possibility?

Well when I get the 4E version of the Vampire Bestiary completed the idea is that some people want to do a 3E conversion (with a little help from me).

Not sure if that would ever result in an updated Ascension, however, after the 4E Immortals Handbook I will re-release the 3E Ascension (adding the artwork for the 4E book) and fix all the errata (known to date).

I'd sort of like a print version of the 3E Ascension just for reference sake.

Remove ads