Immortals Handbook: Ascension 3.5E Print version...do you want one?

I am looking to kill two birds with one stone here. I want to test out the Print options for the Kickstarter of the new 5E Immortals Handbook and I also want a Print copy of 3.5E Immortals Handbook: Ascension for reference and helping me finish the new book in a few areas.

I just literally today found out I can simply convert the Ascension pdf to jpgs which simplifies everything.

So I am going to do a 164 page Hardcover, gloss page book with ribbon and have it printed out by one of the two Print companies I have my eye on (Mixam UK). The interior will still be black and white and I don't see myself having the time to add all the missing art, but I may throw in a few surprises.

I estimate it should only take me about 3-4* hours to put it all together (need new spine and back cover and so forth). I am very busy the next few days with work but should have the files ready to go for this time next week.

*So likely 6-8 then, knowing me. :cautious:

So if anyone wants a copy, post in this thread before next Friday (16th of December) and I'll get an extra copy printed for you. Obviously the more that are printed the cheaper it is, so I was going to Print 6-7 anyway (Printing seven costs less than double getting one printed).

Not sure what a fair price would be...maybe $30 plus postage & packaging (possibly another $10-20 to North America) I'll have to check postage costs, something in around that amount. At such a low print numbers that will basically be me giving them at cost, so I am not doing this to make money.

Turnover time for the books is about 10 days, but over Christmas likely to be 14 days I'm guessing. So I would have them in my possession just before New Year or so if I send them the files next Friday.

I could get them signed and shipped out in early January.

So let me know if you are interested.

I am looking to kill two birds with one stone here. I want to test out the Print options for the Kickstarter of the new 5E Immortals Handbook and I also want a Print copy of 3.5E Immortals Handbook: Ascension for reference and helping me finish the new book in a few areas.

I just literally today found out I can simply convert the Ascension pdf to jpgs which simplifies everything.

So I am going to do a 164 page Hardcover, gloss page book with ribbon and have it printed out by one of the two Print companies I have my eye on (Mixam UK). The interior will still be black and white and I don't see myself having the time to add all the missing art, but I may throw in a few surprises.

I estimate it should only take me about 3-4* hours to put it all together (need new spine and back cover and so forth). I am very busy the next few days with work but should have the files ready to go for this time next week.

*So likely 6-8 then, knowing me. :cautious:

So if anyone wants a copy, post in this thread before next Friday (16th of December) and I'll get an extra copy printed for you. Obviously the more that are printed the cheaper it is, so I was going to Print 6-7 anyway (Printing seven costs less than double getting one printed).

Not sure what a fair price would be...maybe $30 plus postage & packaging (possibly another $10-20 to North America) I'll have to check postage costs, something in around that amount. At such a low print numbers that will basically be me giving them at cost, so I am not doing this to make money.

Turnover time for the books is about 10 days, but over Christmas likely to be 14 days I'm guessing. So I would have them in my possession just before New Year or so if I send them the files next Friday.

I could get them signed and shipped out in early January.

So let me know if you are interested.
Oh hell yeah I'm interested! I have a crap one I made 10 years ago I still use just on a laser printer with a plastic cover, it'd be great to have a legit version of it.

Hey Beefermatic buddy! :)

Oh hell yeah I'm interested! I have a crap one I made 10 years ago I still use just on a laser printer with a plastic cover, it'd be great to have a legit version of it.

Not simply 'legit', but top of the range, glossy paged, ribbon* bookmark, signed collector's edition. ;)

*Wondering what colour would suit it best...?

Hey dave amigo.

10 years ago I would have been on board, but I am pretty much all digital these days. Sounds like a great idea though.

I sort of know what you mean, I am running out of bookshelf space. I have four six foot bookshelves in this room alone and still have a handful of foot high book stacks on the floor.

However, I do still much prefer a physical copy to a pdf. Although the utility of digital is always handy.

Alzrius amigo! :D

I don't know how I missed this thread before, but my interest in this should obviously go without saying. ;)

I was legit thinking of you when I made this thread my friend.

I literally only found out I could do pdf to jpeg yesterday. I thought I was going to have to go in and reformat every page by hand because the formatting didn't carry over from pdf to Affinity and it was up to an hour or more per page mate - it was like 50% of the spacing had been removed. The thought of it was crushing me...although I totally would have (after the 5e Immortal's Handbook that is; which is a brobdingnagian behemoth that makes respacing a 162 page book seem like a walk in the park).

Now I can just paste the pages as jpegs, edit stuff over the top (like page numbers). Add art over the top. Back cover and spine should be a doddle...even for one of the world's slowest writers.

Remove ads