[Adventure] Path of Cold (DM: Velmont, Judge: Ozymandias79)

Nebten

First Post
Dane enjoys the feast and gives his thanks. He digs in with both hands and uses his beard to wipe the juices from his chin. He also saves Incarnation the embarsement of not eating, by clear his plate of food also. The warrior attempts to chat up his drinking buddy, Hadrak, who has been awfully quiet since arriving in this new land.

Since he is not able to talk with the natives, Dane keeps the conversation to his party mates and tries not to think about the future events.

Velmont

First Post
Pretor take a look at the map shown by Incarnation. "Our old village is there." he tells pointing a point on the coastline. "You want to go there." he says pointing the intersection of two river. "If you go in a straigth line, it would take you about five days. But that would be dangerous. You would pass through territory of tribe striken by the curse. My old village is there, so you would have to cross the territory during the second day. You could fall on a war party, which could be a threat for you. Most likely and hunting party, which would slow you down.

But that would be the least of the dangers. Snow storm strike hard during that time of the year on Valhyr. If you fall within one, it could blow during two or three days. If you try to move, you might lose your location and good luck to find back you way. If that happen, you would need to find back the coast most likely.

But the worst danger are the angels. They can attack anyone for any reason they like. A weakest angel would be just as tough as one of the beast you slay. A patrol of them would could mean your death. They patrol mainly inland, so you better just stay on the coast. That means three days of travel along the coast, than three or four along the river. I think that would be your safest path."

With these advice given by Pretor, you go take some sleep. Dane easily fall asleep as his belly have much work to do to digest all the food he ate. He is even hard to awake when the time come to leave. The largest ship have been prepare for your travel. Food enough for the trip on the sea, and some extra for you travel on land have been put on the ship.

Gruco and Dane push the vessel in the sea once everyone is onboard. Gruco then help Dane to jump inside the ship before Gruco follow him. "The wind is good. If it stay like that, we would be able to cut a day or two. Let's pray the Seamaster for his good fortune."

During the first day, all is quiet, except for Dane, which stomach doesn't seems to handle the movement of the sea. During the night, Incarnation seems to have a disturbing dream.

[SBLOCK=Incarnation]Incarnation is sailing on the sea with the five. He listen to what Mauros have to tell him. He is explaining him that once in Valhyr, they would be able to prepare Incarnation for the ritual. But as the preparation ritual is taxing and sensitive, it need to be made in control environment.

"But why do we need to travel by sea to go there? Why it takes so much time? You could have created a sanctuary nearer Daunton." asks Incarnation.

"I wanted somewhere far enough to not be disturb. We had another way to get there, but we had to close the path a few years ago. And I don't have time to make another sanctum like that one yet." explains Mauros.

Before Incarnation speak his next question, he is splashed by some water. He turns around to see a seaborn creature jumping out of the water and Incarnation get knock unconscious.[/SBLOCK]

OOC: Is [MENTION=834]Mal Malenkirk[/MENTION] still around? If he doesn't reply by tomorrow, I'll call him and kick his butt so he become more active...

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Warforged do not sleep; could not, in fact. But, during the late hours, when only the elf and whomever was piloting the boat had awareness, Incarnation did become... inert. It was the best word for what happened when all of his flames, his "heart-beat" just stopped.

Before anyone could get to worried about it, the construct burst again in his shadowing flames. He deflected all questions about the matter. It is not yet time.
OOC: Incarnation is fine with coast then inland travel if that is safer.

Velmont

First Post
On the forth day, the wind calm down. The sea is still and flat like a plate of glass and reflect the sun in the cloudless sky. The boat is unable to move and is now prisoner of the current of the ocean. Gruco seems to become nervous after a few hours of stillness. "I don't like this... but tehre is nothing we can do. Even if we looks like we are staying on place, the boat is moving, and we can't tell in which direction."

After another our of waiting, the group seems to fall asleep as there nothing much to do. Only Incarnation is still full aware of what is happening around and suddenly spot some wave a few meters behind the boat. As he warn his companions, a beautiful creature rise form the water. It bluish skin remind you of the color of the water and her green air remind you some seagrass. She even smell the fresh saline wind of the coast. She seems to move in the water as easily as a fish. It swims near the boat and jump out of the water and sit on the edge of the ship.

"You don't look like the others sailor I generally see. Except these two." she tells in Common as she points Gruco and Sigarr. "You remind me something." she adds as she stare a moment at Incarnation with a childish look. "Bah, who cares anyway. I'm here to bring you a message. You cannot go any further. You need to turn around. The continent to the north is forbidden to you. It is forbidden to anyone."

stonegod

"You remind me something." she adds as she stare a moment at Incarnation with a childish look. "Bah, who cares anyway. I'm here to bring you a message. You cannot go any further. You need to turn around. The continent to the north is forbidden to you. It is forbidden to anyone."
Incarnation regards the creature before responding.
OOC: Arcana and Nature check to see if Incarnation recognizes the creature: 28 and 6 respectively

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Incarnation doesn't seems to understand the nature of this creature, but he realize he might know why. He detect an aura surrounding the creature, and the nature of the aura seems some kind of illusion.

The creature looks at Dane with a curious look. "Why your kind hide in metal shell? I've always wondered. I've found some of your kind on the ocean floor. When you fall off the ship, you sink. And you choke to death. At least your shell is shining, which is beautiful, but in the water, it turn brown in a year."

She jumps in the water to come out on the other side of the ship. "You know, it is HIM who doesn't want anyone to pass. I kind of like you, especially you" she tells, pointing Incarnation "but I don't like to see HIM angry, even less when it is against me. It is not good to have HIM angry."

Gruco starts to stabbers something that Sigarr finally understand. "Gruco tells she is an envoy of the Seamaster. She speaks for the Gods."

"Not all of them, only HIM." she correct. "It would be sad that I have to kill you... how do you shed all that flame. That's beautiful." she asks Incarnation.

stonegod

Is it this Seamaster you serve? And why make demands of us if you refuse to reveal your true self? I know you are glamoured creature. The warforged pauses a moment, reflecting on the creature's words. He lowers his hood, revealing the mark of Marous upon him. You may know me from my mark, for to this place I have been before. Years ago, with others, the Fire Mage amongst them.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
OOC: No need of a Religion roll. From what Hadrak had learn with Feyr the names of the Gods are not anymore spoken by the bladeling. They rather speak with title. The Seamaster would obviously be Netari.

You have many option in front of you.

- You can continue to sail and see the creature reaction.
- You can turn around and find another way.
- You can attack the creature and hope you can passs once she is dead without harm.
- You can try to convince her to let you pass.
- You can be inventive...

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases