[Adventure] Path of Cold (DM: Velmont, Judge: Ozymandias79)

Velmont

First Post
Sigarr stay with Georg at the forge. Georg explains what he want to do. Using his ritual, he would be able to bolster the fire heat when needed. A simple cantrip would help the metal to cool down more slowly. Keroac agree to give the dwarf a chance. Georg cast his ritual and starts to work with Keroac. After an hour of working and observing Keroac and trying to remember what little knowledge of blacksmithing he knew, he find one or two suggestion he decide to propose to Keroac to help his work. Work goes smoothly and Keroac seems to appreciate Georg help. Even Sigarr give a little hand, carrying heavy pieces of metal when needed.

During that time, Raiyek return to Incarnation. The four of them go and try to find Pretor and his apprentice. Incarnation lead the way, going in the same direction the apprentice left them. After a moment, the path led outside the village and toward a small grove. As they approach, a large bladeling, almost as large as Sigarr come into your way. He tells something you don't understand before he starts to speak in Elvish "You are not welcome in the Sacred Grove, only the Hands can enter it."

Nebten

First Post
Dane does a mock salute in a friendly gester at the bladeling and continues on walking since he doesn't understand what was said.

Velmont

First Post
As Dane pass next to the bladeling, the bladeling unsheet his sword. He then shout with authority a word to Dane. He shouts a second, this one in elvish. "Stop!" Also, Dane feels the threat of the bladeling, even if he hasn't yet made any attack against him.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Dane is marked.[/SBLOCK]

Nebten

First Post
Dane cocks a brow and neck in curious manner. Unarmed, jabs a sausage-thick finger at the bladeling, Ye' best put dat thing away before ye' git ye' self hurt.

[sblock=OOC] Bladeling is marked. [/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
After twelves days minutes of staring at each other, the two warriors are distarcted by a voice. Dane, doesn't understand or recognize, but his opponent, seems to relax.

The group see the young apprentice bladeling they have talked earlier with. He speaks to Raiyek in elvish "Sorry, but only members of the hands can enter our sacred Grove. It is equivalent of your holy sites from what Feyr told me and your presence could brought some evil eyes from the creature of the nature. My master will be here in a moment, some fey didn't liked that we killed one of their creation and we need to appease them."

It takes only two minutes as a large polar bear walk out of the Grove. He walk slowly toward the group. Neither bladeling seems to be nervous at the presence of that animals. As it stop next to Dane, the dwarf feels small compare to the animals that is still on his four legs. As he stands up, Dane instinctively raise his weapon in a defensive position, but the bear suddenly turn into a Goliath. Just like Sigarr, this one have a blue skin, but must be half an head taller than Sigarr, but lack the same shaped muscle as the barbarian.

"My name is Pretor. You wanted to talk to me?" asks the Goliath.

Last edited:

Nebten

First Post
OOC: Velmont, I'm not sure if you know but r1 has been afk since 22nd August 2011. I would recommend forgoing any storyline with the Goliath and move him to the shadows until he returns. This game has slowed down enough and I currently feel lost with what we are supposed to be doing at this time.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: Brief summary: We need to get to Valkyr., for that, we need a boat. They have a boat. We have to convince their three castes to give us the boat. We are working on group #3 (the others having done #1 and #2).

Velmont: Dark blue is really hard to read on the black background.
Incarnation regards the transformed goliath. He speaks plainly. Master Pretor. We have need of your vessel. It is our understanding we need your permission for this. I have come to assist with your wards or other task needed to obtain such favor. What needs to be done?

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Renau1g: I am well aware of him being MIA. As I said earlier in a previous post, Sigarr will follow you. Out of combat, he will help you and you can ask him to do anything you wish, as long as it doesn't require a roll from him.

In combat, Sigarr will always fight against an enemy on his side and you'll be able to ignore both Sigarr and his opponent(s) and the result of your combat will dictate what happen to him and his opponent.

For his personal storyline, I'll just quickly reference it when it means that it will slow down the story.

Slow pace: I am aware of the slow pace it has taken. I am partly responsible. Last two weeks have been hard for me on the work. We had to work 5 days on a 24/7 schedule. I had shift during days, evening and nights. We delivered what we were working on, so I'm back on track.

Story: You are in Sultyr and need to reach Valhyr. You were not aware of any portal to reach Valhyr from Daunton, so you are there and seek a way to cross the sea between the two continents. You are trying to get a boat, but it seems with the lost of many hunters, fishing will be essential to the survival of this tribe. You have already spoken with two of the three representative of the tribe. This one is the last and the outcome of that Scene will be revealed after that encounter with Pretor.

Blue: I'll put a ligther Blue.

Velmont

First Post
Pretor listen to Incarnation. "Yes, I am part of the council of this tribe. Any decision that impact all the village is taken by the council. My apprentice seems to like your group and have talked about you in good terms.

But the spirits doesn't seems to like your presence in our village as you are the slayers of the beast. At the same time, you have saved some life, and that cannot be be overseen either. What do you have to offer for what you request?"

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
If your spirits wish us gone, we will do what is needed to appease them. The Flaming Staff and I are trained in matters arcane and may assist in your wards, if that is acceptable. The Unbroken Shield also has martial skills that could benefit your need.
OOC: Incarnation->English: Flaming Staff: Georg. Unbroken Shield: Dane.

Remove ads