[Adventure] Path of Cold (DM: Velmont, Judge: Ozymandias79)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Incarnation takes the bolt and bows, returning to the rest of the group.
OOC: I'm ready. Anyone got a crossbow?

Velmont

First Post
"Ship are communal goods, so you'll need to convince the village to give you one. With the lost of one hunting party for the remaining of the hunting season, we will need to rely a lot more on fishing, so it is not given you'll have access to one."

The bladeling thinks a moment. "You have proven some worthiness by fighting the beast, and some good will by helping the fallen to come back to the village. I will speak in your favor, but you'll need more than the Hands approval to have one ship. When a decision is directly related to our survival, you need teh approval of all three casts: The Voices, the Hand and the Crafters."

johnmeier1

Explorer
After Raiyek relays the words of the bladeling, Georg suggests Perhaps some material compensation can persuade them. If they have crafters, they need supplies. Georg looks to Incarnation. I have never used a crossbow, nor can I yet conjure simple objects. It is something I should research when next we have access to a library.

Velmont

First Post
"There is three caste in our village. The Voices are the people who speaks with the Gods. Your friend in the hut is speaking with Feyr, one of them. And you spoke with Belyr, another one. You will easily recognize any member of the Voice by the holy symbol the dedicate to one of the Gods." explains the changeling.

"The Hands are the people who have power over the creation of the Gods. Most of them are the best warriors of the village. My master and I are maybe the exception, as we handle the magic of the nature and ward the village from the predators and elements."

"The Crafters are all the others. Unless you dedicate your life to fight and defend the village, or to speak with the Gods and transmit their words and gifts, you have to craft something that help the survival of the village."

"Each caste have a representative who speak the words of their caste. Each one will speak with people of their caste and listen to their advice before speaking. The Hands representative is my master, Pretor. I'll speak with him. Belyr is the representative of the Voices. Keroac is the representative of the Crafters. He is our blacksmith."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Incarnation catches Georg's attention. Then we can talk to your mentor. We are masters of wards, and may assist in their creation if need be. If Rayiek speaks to Hadrak, then the Voices are covered. Then the Holy Sword could speak with this blacksmith. Let this be done.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Hadrak endeavors to convince Belyr and Feyr that it is the will of the god that brough his party to the village.

-''We saved your hunters so that you could help us save the world! Let's not anger the gods by denying their subtly crafted plan and loan us the boat, will you? We'll have it back before you know it's gone!"

OOC: So... Skill Challenge?

And if it fails, we boatjack the suckers!

Velmont

First Post
Feyr listen to Hadrak pledge. "The plans of the Gods? The gods are like us, they have humor, feeling and emotion. The only thing, they are more powerful and more knowledgeable. I never believed that our lives was part of a plan. The gods rewards us, play with us, punish us depending how we act toward them. My ancestor seems to have angered them. We seems to pleased them, or at least, we didn't yet angered them. I'll take your request into consideration. I'll have to see if lending you a boat would put them in a better mood, but lending you a boat will limit our fishing capacity, and our hunts will not give us as much meat as we wish for the winter.

We will have a council in an hour before dawn. At dawn, we will give your answer, and after that, you'll be welcome to join us to the celebration we do after a successful hunt of a beast."

[SBLOCK=OOC]Note that Hadrak only spoke with Feyr, as Belyr is not in the same location.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"If you want to speak to someone, you'll also need to know that each Caste have their own language. As we mainly trade with the Goliath, the Crafters have learn their language. As member of the Hands, we have found more useful to speak the language of the fey. The Voices have learn your trade-tongue, which allow them to speak with most people of the world." explains the Bladeling.

"Now, if you wish to speak to the smith, you can go to that hut, where some smoke is rising. If you wish to see my master, follow me." the Bladeling then walks away from you.

[SBLOCK=OOC]For Sigarr, as renau1g seems out of action for an unknown length of time, assume that out of combat, he just follow you, help you as he can (like now by translating) as long as it ask no roll.

In combat, he will always be fighting his own enemy on his side, so we will just ignore him.[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads