[Adventure] Path of Cold (DM: Velmont, Judge: Ozymandias79)

johnmeier1

Explorer
How'm I supposed to understand this giant-speak without magic? grumbles Georg shivering. Raiyek, what was the deal with that beast, what did it say?

OOC: Lord Sessadore

Velmont

First Post
Hadrak enters the hut a moment after the hunter. The hunter is speaking with another bladeling. This one wearing a chainmail and Hadrak have no problem to identify it as dwarven craftsmanship.

After a moment, the hunter walks by Hadrak and leave the hut. The other come to Hadrak. "Welcome to our village, cleric." tells the Bladeling in a clear Common, staring a moment at Hadrak's holy symbol. "My name is Feyr. I am, what we could translate in Common, as one of the Voices. If you wish to help me to tend to the wounded, you are welcome to do so."

[SBLOCK=OOC]Just a note, Feyr is one of my retired PC. It's fun to bring him back alive :p [/SBLOCK]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''Well, I know a thing or two about broken bones and internal bleeding. Most dwarves do. Dwarven spirit frequently causes the latter and routinely induces brawls that are conducive to the former.''

Hadrak cracks his knuckles and gets to work, dazzling the bladeling with his healing skills.

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Incarnation ignores the bladelings and their troubles as he waits. His focus was more internal. Waiting, he opened himself to the ebb of magic in the area, testing to feel if any of the taint of the ward in Daunton were here... or if anything else could be read.

Velmont

First Post
The hunter leave the village with a small group of villager and come back half an hour later with the corpse of the beast that have been killed, the one who seems to have been the mate of the behemoth that have fled. Once the behemoth have been brought back, the villager starts to cut up the beast.

During that time, Incarnation focus on the energies that emanate from this hamlet. After a moment, there seems to be nothing that seems out of place, with two exception. The first thing that he notice is a faint source coming from one of the hut. From the nature and strength of the magic and the look of the hut, he can easily assume it must be a spiritual center of the town.

The second is the corpse of the creature itself. It seems there is still some fey magic that still emanate from the corpse.

Hadrak takes some time to tend at the fallen hunter. Their wounds seems serious but nothing seems to be out of the dwarf ability to heal. After half an hour of work, Hadrak is sure that, with some time and rest, all the wounded will recover and will be able to hunt again.

Feyr comes to Hadrak once he finish with a plate with two hot beverage and small vial. The infusions smells good, but seems to lack some alcohol. He hands one to Hadrak. "Thank you for your help. You probably save some life I couldn't have saved myself, nor any other Voices. Let me thanks you." He take the vial and hands it to him. "I bought a few of them in my visit to Daunton. I would probably have to use some of them on the hunter. As I won't need to do so, I think fair to hand you one of them. So, what bring your group to our small village."

[SBLOCK=OOC]Hadrak have been given a potion of Vitality (Lvl 15 Potion)[/SBLOCK]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek gathers his cloak around him in the cold, standing by Georg and unobtrusively observing the villagers. "It said 'You'll pay one day for the death of my mate'. It seems so obvious now, but I wish I had known from the start that it spoke Elven. Maybe I could have prevented some bloodshed, and I don't like the idea of that creature holding a grudge against us when we are investigating matters to do with the Feywild."

Velmont

First Post
GM: [MENTION=57255]Lord Sessadore[/MENTION], [MENTION=36973]stonegod[/MENTION], [MENTION=73730]johnmeier1[/MENTION], [MENTION=834]Mal Malenkirk[/MENTION], [MENTION=79391]Nebten[/MENTION], [MENTION=54810]renau1g[/MENTION]:

Things are slowing down, so in hope it will give a boost, here a reminder.

The Warden has asked you to find as much as you can about the feywild and teh sigils that wards Daunton from the feywild. That have led you to seek Mauros lair from where he was corresponding with Master Estergrin. That lair might be in Valhyr. You are actually in Sultyr, in a small coastal village, and Valhyr is on the other side of the ocean.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
After simply observing the village and its inhabitants for a while, Raiyek goes to the sea side to see whether there are any seagoing vessels there. "Come, we should see if there is anyone that can help us get across to Valhyr." The elf beckons to any of his companions that are standing close as he starts to walk.

Velmont

First Post
After a moment of exploration, before asking to anyone, Raiyek come to the conclusion it is unlikely that a vessel would head toward Valhyr. Most boats are coastal fishing boat. A few seems large enough and sturdy enough to do some high see fishing. He has spotted no cargo ship.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Incarnation continues to stand apart from the others, and after sensing the air a moment, approaches the remains of dead fey beast. The red in his eyes turns purple once more as he examines the dead brute. As he does so, he pointedly asks the hunters dealing with the corpse about the frequency of fey-occursions and their location. He needed to know if fey's touch here spelt ill for Daunton...
OOC: Arcana again to see what Incarnation can find out about the fey dino (if anything new); Diplomacy (?) or Insight to find out if there have been more fey incursions and where they are coming from. He'll let the others find a place to get better bookings.

Arcana: 25. Diplomacy: 27. Insight: 20

Last edited:

Remove ads