[Adventure] Path of Cold (DM: Velmont, Judge: Ozymandias79)

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
"What are you doing here? What do you want?" The bladeling speak in Giant, but Sigarr translate the conversation so both group can understand each other.

That's two very different question.

The answer to the first is 'saving the world' and the answer to the second is 'I don't want to be here'... or maybe 'beer'. Hmm, nah, if I wasn't here, I'd have beer anyway.

Velmont

First Post
The hunter stare a moment at Sigarr who just translate Hadraks words. He than put his eyes on Hadrak with confusion. He looks at each member of the group, unsure of what he should do. After a moment he replies "I owe you my life. The beast would have killed us all if you hadn't implicate yourself in this combat... but I don't understand your purpose here. We are only two able warriors and there is three wounded and five death, we will need help to carry back the village. If you tell me you won't harm or... cursed anyone, I'll lead you to my village where you will be able to speak with the Voices."

Nebten

First Post
We are on a quest to follow . . . the path of cold. Dunno about speakin' to any 'Voices', but sharing meat and mead sounds good to me. Besides, it would do me honor to carry your fallen warriors back to their grounds.

I can say I won't be harmin' nor vexin' anybody. But I can't say the same for da elf . . . HAR HAR I'm just kiddin'. The elf is harmless . . . really he is.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
That's two very different question.

The answer to the first is 'saving the world' and the answer to the second is 'I don't want to be here'... or maybe 'beer'. Hmm, nah, if I wasn't here, I'd have beer anyway.
The dwarf is correct and wrong at once. We are here. We seek to be elsewhere.
"I owe you my life. The beast would have killed us all if you hadn't implicate yourself in this combat... but I don't understand your purpose here. We are only two able warriors and there is three wounded and five death, we will need help to carry back the village. If you tell me you won't harm or... cursed anyone, I'll lead you to my village where you will be able to speak with the Voices."
None will harmed, unless you make a habit of attacking sentients. Which does raise the question of why you attacked the creatures in the first place.

Velmont

First Post
After a moment of hesitation, he decide to ignore Dane comments and answer to Incarnation "Fine, I lead your group to the village." He starts to break down sturdy branch and get out some cloth and make some stretche that can be pulled only by one person and put the wounded and the dead on each one. He also does one more for the fallen behemoth. As he does, he answers at Incarnation question.

"Those creatures come here once every few years. When they does so, they hunt a lot in these woods, lowering the number of game we can hunt drastically, making hard to survive. They can even hunt a lone hunter. So killing them lower the competition, prevent the death of our hunters and we can use there skin and bones in various tools. The Voices and the Hands also can use some parts of these beasts for there own needs.

I know your civilization is use of free killing, but we only kill for survival, sentient or not."

[SBLOCK=Insight 20]You can feel that he despise your culture, seeing his own over yours.[/SBLOCK]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek gives Dane a sour look out of the corner of his eye, but then smiles a little and lets it pass.

Raiyek senses the disdain in the bladeling's voice, though he has to wait for Sigarr's translation to see what he is so disdainful of. "We six, at least, do not kill wantonly either, though some members of our cultures certainly do. Thank you for taking us to your village and showing us your trust, it is appreciated. Many would not be so accommodating after such a confused battle as that."
[sblock=OOC]I'm guessing it's alright to use my passive Insight of 23 right now, since we're out of combat?[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
The group walk down the path toward the coast. As they exit, they find a small fishing village by the ocean. The population is around two hundred heads at first sight, including any woman and children. As you approach the village, some people spot you and the fallen hunter you carry. You feels stares at you, filled with mixed fear, sadness and hatred. As you reach the center of the village, people gather you see two woman crying, but stay away from the group and the fallen. The wounded are brought to an house nearby.

"I'll speak to the Voices to explain what happened. I should be back soon. Feel free to walk around, but don't unsheet any weapon and use any magic." He then walk toward the hut where the wounded have been brought.

Nebten

First Post
Dane takes a drink off his wine skin and starts to wander around with in the village. After awhile he appears to have gotten himself lost with the natives.

[sblock=OOC] Hey gang. At this time I'll be making a road trip up to Alaska and back over the next month or so. Odds of me posting will be pretty low. At this time Dane will fade into the background. If an encounter comes up, feel free to use or not use the dwarf as you see fit.

Cheers.
[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''Well, I guess I should take a look at the wounded. T'would be the charitable thing to do.''

Hadrak walks toward the hut, following the hunter.

-''Hey, I bet you don't like my god either, but if you tone down the death glare for a moment I'll see what he can do for your wounded. It doesn't look too bad. My buddies over here have taken worse hits than your hunters have but I managed to keep 'em on their feet just fine.''

Remove ads