[Adventure] Path of Cold (DM: Velmont, Judge: Ozymandias79)

johnmeier1

Explorer
Try to take the beast alive! shouts Georg as he summons a large cloud if illusions to incapacitate the bladelings and harry the behemoth.

[sblock=OOC]Minor: Draw Tome
Standard: Winged Horde (enlarged) at H6, burst 2 only enemies, nonlethal (+2 damage for hitting more than 1 opponent, so 4)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"Don't kill it! Just knock them all out and we can sort things out later!" Raiyek runs through the trees past two of the hunters, lashing out with the flat of his blade to incapacitate the other combatants.
[sblock=Actions]I'm going to assume that the hunters are minions and that Georg took down spearmen 3 and 8 ... hopefully I'm right. ;)

All attacks are non-lethal.

Standard: Ardent Strike vs. Spearman 10. Looks like a hit, so subject to Raiyek's divine sanction TENT.

Move: to I4 (or H4 if spearman 3 is still up). (Provokes attacks from spearmen 8 and 10 if they want them; remember that Raiyek gets +2 to defenses vs. opportunity attacks.)

Minor: Ardent Vow on the behemoth.

AP: Strength from Valor, close burst 1. If Georg took down 3 & 8, then it targets the behemoth and spearman 1. If he didn't, then Raiyek is in H4 and he targets the behemoth, spearman 3, and spearman 8.
Raiyek gains 5 temp hp per hit, behemoth takes 9 extra damage (20 damage total) and is subject to divine sanction TENT.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Dane decide to charge the beast. After barely avoiding to fall on a slippery rock in the river, he hack and slash the creature who become frenzy and swipe everyone around him with his tail, killing two hunter and wounding Dane.

Georg put to sleep the last conscious hunter, leaving all of them lying unconscious or death on the ground.

Raiyek come to help Dane and strike true to the beast.

As the beast stand up, he sees that the group is leaguing with the hunters, and that they are a higher threat than the hunter was.

[SBLOCK=Elven]"You'll pay one day for the death of my mate."[/SBLOCK]

After speaking, the beast disappear to reappear on the island before fleeing through the forest with an unnerving ease. It seems as the trees are moving away from him as he walk by before covering him as he disappear into the forest.

[SBLOCK=Map]Map

- The brown squares are the trail and they are normal terrain.

- The tree's square are difficult terrain and need one extra square to move through.

- The river squares are difficult terrain and need one extra square to move through. Also, moving through or acting within such square need an Acrobatic roll, DC: 10. Upon failure, you fall prone and can continue your action, but with all penalties and restrictions of being prone.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Mechanic]Dane: Acrobatic roll: 10 Barely a success.
Also, I don't know how you reach such high bonus on your attack roll. I was expecting +15 and +19. Where come from the last +2? Anyway, both hit even without that +2.

Behemoth Bloodied sweep is trigger as he become bloodied. He kill Spearman 8 and 10 and hit Dane for 8 damages and 5 ongoing damage.

Georg Hit Behemoth and Spearman3. Spearman3 is unconscious.

Raiyek: Doesn't spend an action point as his first attack has no more valid target. Hit behemoth.

Behemoth: Stand Up, Teleport 3 squares. Run 7 squares through the forest, using his forest walk ability to have no penalty. Being too far into the forest, you cannot see it anymore. If you wish to follow him, you might have one last chance to hit him with a ranged attack, but as he doesn't have the difficult terrain penalty you suffer, he will distance you quickly after that.

[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Status]Dane: 70/78. AP: 0

Behemoth: HP -145
Spearman1: Unconscious
Spearman2: Death
Spearman3: Unconscious
Spearman4: Stabilized
Spearman5: Stabilized
Spearman6: Death
Spearman7: Stabilized
Spearman8: Death
Spearman9: Death
Spearman10: Death
[/SBLOCK]

Nebten

First Post
[sblock=Velmont] Base is +15, Prone grants CA +2 = 17. Hit with Probing attack grants +4 power attack bonus = +21. [/sblock]

Did dat lizard talk? It sounded all high pitched and girly. Hey Incarnate, you rusted or something? You just standin' dar.

Dane puts his axe away and starts to traige the fallen warriors with some noted experience (+12 to Heal).

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek, taken aback by the beast speaking, doesn't react to the words until the beast is away in the woods. Oh, ****. That can't be good. He calls out to it in the same language.
[sblock=Elven]"Wait! We didn't want to hurt you!"[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]If it doesn't show any signs of stopping, Raiyek will help Dane tend to the surviving hunters.[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Incarnate, you rusted or something? You just standin' dar.
This was not my fight. But we are now tangled in it. He considered the fleeing creature as the others tend to the wounded.[sblock=Busy]Start of semester has me slammed as usual. Silly new classes.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Raiyek shouts at the creature, but it doesn't seems to have any effect. The behemoth is fleeing and quickly the sounds of his steps fade away.

The group starts to help the hunters. Five of them are dead and are beyond the healing skills of the group. Three of them had been wounded and stabilized by Raiyek powder. The remaining two are awaking under the good care of Dane and Hadrak.

Both stares at you and the surrounding and finally one asks. "What are you doing here? What do you want?" The bladeling speak in Giant, but Sigarr translate the conversation so both group can understand each other.

Remove ads