[Adventure] Path of Cold (DM: Velmont, Judge: Ozymandias79)

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"Thank you." Raiyek gives the bladeling a quick bow as he leaves to lead Georg and Incarnation to his master. The elf turns to Sigarr and asks him to go to the blacksmith with him.

When the reach the blacksmith's building, Raiyek knocks on the door. "Excuse us, we are travelers and need to speak to Keroac," he says, Sigarr translating.

Velmont

First Post
Raiyek walks toward the smoke. All the hut looks build on the same pattern. Its walls are constructed from stones. The mortar consist of a combinations of sand, soil and animal dung. The roofs are made of poles taken from tree limbs and covered of thatch that is sewn to the poles with grass rope or strong vine.

But when Raiyek arrive at the forge, the hut is quite different. It is a dry-stone hut with a corbelled roof. The mortar seems made only of sands and soil. After a moment, Raiyek see that any combustible element have been avoid, which make much sense when he enter the place, as the air is very hot inside.

Inside, he see two bladeling working on some piece of iron. The tool or weapon forged is still not formed, giving little hit to Raiyek to identify what they are crafting. The youngest bladeling is holding the hot iron piece while the older is hammering it. After Sigarr have translated Raiyek words, the youngest quickly look and focus back on the work. He shout a few word that Sigarr translate to Raiyek. "He asks to wait."

As the piece of iron starts to lose his glowing red color to a darker gray metallic, the young bladling put back the piece of iron into hot fire. The older turn his attention to you and speak to you "You have two minutes while the iron is heating. What do you want?"

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Incarantion's face place distorts as if a frown, though it is difficult to see. Only the Holy Sword speaks the tongue of the fey, and he is tasked with the Crafters. We must wait is return or find one which speaks that of the dwarves or the fallen land.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Heh, I forgot that you'd need Raiyek to translate. I'll try to be quick. ;)

Insight to guage Keroac's approval of us, and/or to see if there is any help he needs but is unwilling to say.[/sblock]

"Thank you. We are travelers here, and must make our way to Valhyr. We encountered some of your hunters in the forest and helped save some from the beast they were fighting. Now, in order to get to Valhyr, it seems we must make use of one of your village's ships. We are willing to aid you today if you need - we understand you are busy, and do not expect favors for free."
In his rush to say what he needs to quickly, the elf's tone isn't quite what he was aiming for. Hopefully the bladeling will appreciate the attempt at brevity over the reduced warmth.

Last edited:

Nebten

First Post
Dane strolls by the hut while diggin for some dwarf goal with his fat index finger. After a some success he joins back with the group. He picks up the gist of what is going on, but still appears to be confused.

[sblock=Dwarven] Why didn't we just sail from Daunton instead of coming out to the wilderness only to have to hijack some villiage's only boat? How far we gotta travel anyways? [/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"You want a boat?" the bladeling look at Raiyek and Sigarr for a moment. "I'll speak to the fishermen once my job is done, than I'll transmit my decision to the council." Raiyek feels the blacksmith is annoyed by his request.

He turns back to the young who draw the piece of iron from the fire. The older tells a word and the young put back the iron piece into the fire. It seems the piece of Iron was not red enough.

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg sees the look of dismissal the blacksmith gives Raiyek and feels a kinship with the forger. He whispers to his ally. Raiyek, perhaps I can turn this one's opinion by working the forge with him. Make the offer....

[sblock=OOC]Lord Sessadore, I will try an Insight, but I am pretty sure I can call on Georg's character history here to influence this guy. Thanks Velmont for finally giving me an opportunity to use it in game.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Georg had felt some curiosity in the baldeling look when Georg entered the forge at the trail of Sigarr and Raiyek. Sigarr make the offer of Georg. Keroac look closely at Georg. After a moment of hesitation, he asks "How can you help me, small man."

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg smiles and sets down most of his possessions in the corner. He leaves out some candles and herbs along with an arcane book. After a few minutes of chanting he holds out his bare hands and approaches the flames. With a gesture he increases the heat just on the right part of the forge, bringing the metal to temperature in seconds. Then he beckons for the hammer and pincers....

[sblock=OOC]It is up to you how to run this in game mechanics, Velmont, but Georg is willing to use up 1 casting of Affect Normal Fires and use whatever skill his background as a dwarf from Myklos Sanctuary has to help the forge work at peak efficiency for hours.[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"Thank you, friend," Raiyek whispers to Georg. "I feel he is a practical person; actions will help more than words here."

With that, Raiyek takes his leave of the blacksmith's hut and finds Incarnation. The elf goes with the 'forged and the bladeling to act as translator between his ally and the leader of the Hands.
[sblock=OOC]I think it's best if Sigarr stays with Georg and the blacksmith, since Georg doesn't speak Giant.[/sblock]

Remove ads