[LPF] The Mightiest Weapon

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The party moves quietly forward and up the staircase, led by Daylily, and with the guild representatives standing at the foot of the stairs watching. They can hear three men arguing as they loudly rummage through a workshop to the left of the staircase. The party enters the room, which is nearly twenty feet square in size and taking up half the second floor. It is cluttered, with stacks of books and loose papers filled with notes on the floor. A number of strange wooden models of mechanical devices hang from strings from the ceiling. A large work table divides the party and the three arguing men, who themselves stand near a fireplace. They seem to be searching for valuables. All are wearing light armor.

Two of the men are smaller and look similar to one another, as if related. The third man is larger and is barking orders at them, when he catches your movement out of the corner of his eye. He turns to you and yells, "Uh oh! We've been caught lads! Looks like we'll have to fight ourselves out."

One of the smaller men starts to pull out a blade, but is stopped by the leader. "No, that won't do. Let's just knock them down and out of the fight, and make a dash for it." Thus saying, the leader pulls out a small club, followed by the men who pull forth small bags filled with some loose material, like sand perhaps, or small coins. They approach and begin to move cautiously around the work table, with legs poised to make a charge.

OOC: Roll initiative, declare actions, and make any other necessary combat/skill rolls please.

Systole

First Post
Daylily grins. A brawl? This might turn out to be fun after all. With a hearty whoop of laughter, he tosses his hammer to the side and gets ready to charge.

OOC: See below for updated actions.

I realize it would be better to hold for Relic's Sleep spell at this point, but this is way too much fun for Daylily to wait. Hopefully, Relic will beat Daylily's initiative.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Daylily Falshenaya

-Normal-
AC: 16 (16 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 26/26
CMB: +6 CMD: 18
Fort: +4 Reflex: +2 Will: +0

-Raging-
AC: 14 (14 flat-footed, 10 touch)
HP: 30/30
CMB: +8 CMD: 20
Fort: +6 Reflex: +2 Will: +2

Perception: +7
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Earthbreaker
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Rage Remaining: 7
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
OOC: Lol, fingers crossed on the initiative roll! Edit: Success! As much as I'd enjoy seeing Daylily wrestling with these guys, I'm also keen to end this swiftly and painlessly ... and then level up! Fingers crossed on the Saving Throws!

"Oh lord!" mutters Relic fumbling for his components pouch in search of sand and petals desperate to get his spell off before Daylilly gets in the way ...

[sblock=Actions] Relic casts Sleep on as many of the thieves as possible, hopefully catching them all together before they can act without affecting the party. [/sblock]

[sblock=Relic] Lvl 1 Human Wizard
HP: 11/11
AC: 16 Touch 12 FlatFooted 14
Fort: +1 Ref: +2 Will: +3
Spells: lvl 0: Ray of Frost, Read Magic, Daze
Lvl 1: Mage Armour; Shocking Grasp; Sleep: Being Used
Bonded Ring: Unused
Lightning Flash 7/7 uses left today
Wand of Sleep: (50) charges
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: The lead is now around the table, giving you a clear shot at a charge. The two smaller thieves are still partly behind the table, but will be around it on their movement phase.

Qik

First Post
Seeing the group's assumed leader make his way around the table, Quioan raises his bow and lets an arrow fly as Daylily rushes towards the man.

OOC: Not sure where the tied initiative puts me and Daylily - I'd like to get my shot off before he starts the grapple, in order to avoid any penalty, but narritive-wise, he's in front of me in the marching order. I'll roll my attack and damage, and you can apply it to the leader if there's no penalty, to someone else if there is (as long as the other two aren't asleep).

Attack roll: +5 Dex, +1 MW, +1 Point Blank Shot
Damage: 1d8, +2 (Str bow), +1 PBS

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
OOC: I'm kind of confused if we're in first to post or initiative or what. If we're doing initiative, Daylily goes after Quioan and Relic's turns, and that will change his actions quite a lot.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: Post initiative AND declare actions, with corresponding rolls. You can change actions up until I post. When I post it will be a recap of what happened during the combat round.

Systole

First Post
Daylily throws his hammer off to the side, and prepares for a good old-fashioned brawl, but Quioan's arrow brings him up short, and he turns to the other elf with a look of pure disbelief.

[sblock=Elven]By the twenty-four teats of the Snake Mother![/sblock]

Daylily interposes himself between the thieves and the party, with a placating posture. "I am sorry for the bad manner. You want stop and bandage before fist fightings?"

OOC: Free action: Drop hammer.
Free action: Curse in Elven.
Move action: Move to between Quioan and the rogues.
Standard action: Diplomacy check. Yes, I realize this is dumb. And possibly not even something that can be done at all during combat. He'll try anyway.

EDIT: A 19!?

[sblock=Mini Stats]Daylily Falshenaya

-Normal-
AC: 16 (16 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 26/26
CMB: +6 CMD: 18
Fort: +4 Reflex: +2 Will: +0

-Raging-
AC: 14 (14 flat-footed, 10 touch)
HP: 30/30
CMB: +8 CMD: 20
Fort: +6 Reflex: +2 Will: +2