Holy sheepdip - wotc to republish old editions

thedungeondelver

Adventurer

FROM HERE.

republishing old editions. cant say anything yet but there are plans.

I...I don't know...I don't know what to say. I'm literally dumbstruck.

As RPG news goes this is the biggest thing since...I really don't know when.

If they do this as actual real products I will buy core AD&D books from them assuming they are at scale market price. And yes, I have tons of copies already from TSR.

Dykstrav

Adventurer
Yeah, my own copies of the 1E Player's Handbook are starting to look a bit long in the tooth, and I know that I can get some of my Pathfinder guys (and even a few 4E people) to give 1E a shot. For whatever reason, "official" recognition/support from the parent company seems to matter to some people.

I'm firmly in the wait-and-see camp. I'd love some new/reprinted hardcovers of older editions but I'm not going to hold my breath either.

Mournblade94

Adventurer
I would certainly buy older core products from them. Nothing 3rd edition though. I would sure buy up as much 1st and 2nd edition stuff just for showcasing.

I still scour ebay for the stuff I am missing, but I certainly would buy products from them if they started publishing games that didn't deviate so heavily from the D&D I know.

thedungeondelver

Adventurer
If this ends up being true I can say I would definitely buy such products.

They need to not do "Hollywood Records reissues" though; back in the early 90s when Hollywood Records secured the QUEEN back-catalog and started re-releasing it they clogged up the CDs with 12" remix this and special guest artist version that. Granted, I can press SKIP TRACK but that still bugs me.

On the other hand, if they do do that, but tell us up-front, and the "extra stuff" (e.g., "here's Nosnra for 4e") is in removable form, e.g., a "conversion booklet" that I can set aside, that's fine.

I just don't wanna buy a copy of say, I2 TOMB OF THE LIZARD KING and find out that it's twice as thick and the map is "reimagined" for 4ENCOUNTERS! or any garbage like that - as long as they say so up front if they're going to do that...[/quote]

Last edited:

Sammael

Adventurer
If they go that way, I will purchase every single 1e and 2e Forgotten Realms, Planescape, and Ravenloft book they publish, plus a whole slew of generic books.

EYEforanEYE

First Post

FROM HERE.

I...I don't know...I don't know what to say. I'm literally dumbstruck.

As RPG news goes this is the biggest thing since...I really don't know when.

If they do this as actual real products I will buy core AD&D books from them assuming they are at scale market price. And yes, I have tons of copies already from TSR.

Maybe it will finally put an end to you grogNERDS nerdraging all the time about other editions. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ron

Explorer
As much as I would like to see it come through, I don't think it makes much sense business wise. Perhaps a limited luxurious edition with a new foreword or something like it. That might makes sense and I will certainly have it.

Agamon

Adventurer
That blurb isn't much more information than the Tweet from a couple weeks ago. Republish may just mean getting the old books back out in digital format somehow. I doubt many trees will be dying for this. Not that any of that is a bad thing.

Jasperak

Adventurer
I might consider POD for some items that I don't have, or that I do have but are in bad condition.

I am still kicking myself that I didn't buy the 25th-silver anniversary box set years ago. Would not make that mistake again.

Remove ads