Full List of Potions?

Talonblaze

First Post
I was wondering if there was some site or book that possibly had a list of all the spells available to be made as potions or potions that can usually be bought. This can include caster level increments too if its there.

Was just curious since it's pretty hard to know what are usually acceptable as potions and also having to calculate how much each one would costs to a PC that is trying to purchase such through spell level and all that jazz.

The list of spells is pretty daunting. XD

Jack Simth

First Post
I was wondering if there was some site or book that possibly had a list of all the spells available to be made as potions or potions that can usually be bought. This can include caster level increments too if its there.

Was just curious since it's pretty hard to know what are usually acceptable as potions and also having to calculate how much each one would costs to a PC that is trying to purchase such through spell level and all that jazz.

The list of spells is pretty daunting. XD
It's not hard.

Price: Spell Level * Caster level * 50 gp + Cost of any expensive component + 5*XP cost in GP.
Restrictions:
Casting time: 1 minute or less.
Spell level: 3rd or less
Target: Any other than "Personal"

Talonblaze

First Post
It's not hard.

Price: Spell Level * Caster level * 50 gp + Cost of any expensive component + 5*XP cost in GP.
Restrictions:
Casting time: 1 minute or less.
Spell level: 3rd or less
Target: Any other than "Personal"

Hrm the last part definitely makes it easier to narrow down whats allowed since before I didn't know what restrictions applied to making potions. And the same for the minimum spell level. After all, didn't see many potions of Shield around. Makes sense.

Cuts down the list I have to do at least. XD

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
If you want to stretch your question to the absolute limit, Magic of Faerun has a Prestige Class called Master Alchemist, that allows for the creation of potions up to 9th level. This is the only method I'm aware of for potions above level 3. However, this does allow for the possibility of making almost every spell into a potion, the only exception would be spells with a casting time longer than one minute.

Talonblaze

First Post
I'll see if we can find someone that has such a book. If not, the storekeeper usually has access to getting the hardcovers.

If its what you say, it would help expand such notably when needed for party members needed more potent potions from shop keepers.

Greenfield

Adventurer
You should probably eliminate any damage dealing spells, or any with area of effects.

"I'll drink my Potion of Fireball! What happens?"

(Dm facepalm...)

Talonblaze

First Post
You should probably eliminate any damage dealing spells, or any with area of effects.

(Dm facepalm...)

Would make a good weapon for Wizards who don't want people drinking potions they have no clue as to what they are. XD

Mind you, if you healed hitpoints for fire damage, it could actually be beneficial.

Jack Simth

First Post
Would make a good weapon for Wizards who don't want people drinking potions they have no clue as to what they are. XD

Mind you, if you healed hitpoints for fire damage, it could actually be beneficial.
Yep. For a lich, potions of Inflict X wounds make perfect sense, for instance.

PureGoldx58

First Post

(Dm facepalm...)

Cure potions harm undead and are probably the MOST common potions in existence...

So why not have a potion of fireball, it could also be force fed to an enemy if they are sleeping and you are sneaky enough.

Remove ads