The Undiscovered Frontier (Finished!)

Shayuri

First Post
Mellisande shakes her head. "Not important yet. Lets try to burn it off. Anyone got torches or oil or...or wood? Any kind of fire that doesn't take magic to work?"

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"I have flint and steel, I am certain we could find some pieces of something around here to spark up." Lealani looks around the room but hesitates.

"Something tells me we are really not going to find out anything more until we turn this machine on. I think everyone should get in position and I will do it. I am fairly certain I will know what to do."

She takes her place on the dais in front of the machine, looking over the intricate dials while she waits for her friends to choose whatever positions around the room they think are best.

"Everyone ready for whatever comes next?" she smiles. Something about playing with magic made her happy, even under the circumstances.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Regular fire seems to do the trick, and the fungus can be burned off, although the spores will be near impossible to locate and remove in their entirety. There is also a concern that large amounts of fire may do damage to parts of the golem, such as the synthetic skin and joints.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Arkos snorts. Their investigations don't seem to have garnered as much information as he would have liked so he sees little choice but to activate the golems and deal with the repercussions.

"Looks like we could burn off most of it but might damage the golems and if we can't kill all the fungus I'm not sure it's worth the risk. I say just activate 'em and we'll handle whatever happens. So, yes, I'm ready."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Arkos Stoneborn
Initiative: +1
AC: 12 (11 flat-footed, 12 Touch) [15 w/ Barkskin]
AC: (Predator) 16 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
AC: (Aerial) 14 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 56 Current: 35
Fort: +8 Reflex: +3 Reflex: (Aerial) +5 Will: +9
Speed: 30 ft., burrow 10 ft.
Speed: (Predator) 50 ft.
Speed: (Aerial) fly 40 ft. (good)

Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

Attacks
Spear +9 (1d6+7 /crit. x3)
Sling +5 (1d3 /crit. x2)
Bite (Predator) +13 (1d4+8 /crit. x2; as magic)
Talon (Aerial) +12 (1d4+7 /crit. x2; as magic)
Breath Weapon (1d8; bludgeoning; Ref 15 for half dmg.)
2 Tentacles (while in Predator) +11 (1d8+7) 10 ft. reach

Spells Prepared:
Spell Save: 14 +SL
3rd level: 3; cure moderate wounds, evard's menacing tentacles (PHB2), evard's menacing tentacles
2nd level: 4; barkskin, bull's strength, heat metal, resist energy
1st level: 4; cure light wounds, faerie fire, goodberry, produce flame
orisons: 5; create water, cure minor wounds, detect magic, light, purify food & drink

Backpack: healer's kit (x2), sunrod (x2), thunderstone (x2), tanglefoot bag (x2), smoke stick(x2), bedroll, 2 wand CLW, 19 pebbles of CSW & 5 pebbles of Remove Disease. food and water.[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
With no other ideas on what to do next, the party decides to start up the machine. Lealani is the one to do so, and after she activates it you see dark panels light up with various numbers, symbols and pictures. At the same time, the cables connecting the machine to the golems also light up a florescent blue.

OOC: Everyone make a DC 16 Knowledge Arcana check. Even if you lack the skill. If you have Use Magic Device, also roll for a DC 15 Use Magic Device check.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Arkos watches nervously as the golems begin to light up and is only a second from shifting into another form, either for combat or escape should it be necessary.

"Hold yourselves ready, friends. Who knows what will happen when these things have their flow of magic restored."

Current Weapon in Hand:

Attacks
Sling +5 (1d3 /crit. x2)

Spells Prepared:
3rd level: 3; cure moderate wounds, evard's menacing tentacles (PHB2), evard's menacing tentacles
orisons: 5; create water, cure minor wounds, detect magic, light, purify food & drink

Backpack: healer's kit (x2), sunrod (x2), thunderstone (x2), tanglefoot bag (x2), smoke stick(x2), bedroll, 2 wand CLW, 19 pebbles of CSW & 5 pebbles of Remove Disease. food and water.[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Arkos looks past the strange words like syntax and runtime and focuses instead on text he is able to understand. He finds a scrolling diagnostics report that explains in plain Common that the golems are infected with an external anomaly. It would seem as if the fungus attaches itself to the golems and rewrites the instructions that are initially placed upon them. In this way the Enemy was able to turn the Gods' golems against their masters. These particular golems were made partially resistant to the effects due to the efforts of the previous Gods, and therefore the fungus takes longer to infect them. The attempt to create a permanent solution was halted, however, and the golems placed in storage.

Sarpot notices a weird effect as the information on the displays blink off then back on momentarily. He briefly employs the machine to do a self-diagnostic, when he finds out that the spores are using the energy running from the golems' diagnostic check to propagate and infect the machine in an attempt to rewrite its functionality. The spores must have become such a danger to the machine being used to seek a cure that it was shut down before your current attempt. The golems were never employed against the Enemy because they might turn against the Gods, and as they were equally unreliable for the Enemy to use, the Enemy just left them here in storage after their recent territorial victories. If you could complete the work that was started before, you would have a significant military force of your own. At worse, the machine might be taken over and help the spores/fungus complete the infection of the golems in front of you.

GlassEye

Adventurer
"Shut it down. Shut it down!" Arkos jabs at a button he thinks that will turn off the magic. "They're infected. Somehow this fungus rewrites their directions. I don't understand it, really, but we need to clean it off first or figure out some other sort of solution."

Current Weapon in Hand:

Attacks
Sling +5 (1d3 /crit. x2)

Spells Prepared:

Shayuri

First Post
Mellisande doesn't actually SAY 'I told you so,' but everything about her body language, from the way she rests one hand on her hip to how she's very very casually inspecting her nails, screams it silently into the cavernous space.

"So, now that we've all caught back up to me, lets work on how to get rid of that stuff," she suggests smugly.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases