The Undiscovered Frontier (Finished!)

GlassEye

Adventurer
"I've reached my limit. Not sure what else to do but to turn the things on and see what happens. Maybe one of you should take a look at the control up on the dais and see if you can make anything out up there. I couldn't..."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Arkos Stoneborn
Initiative: +1
AC: 12 (11 flat-footed, 12 Touch) [15 w/ Barkskin]
AC: (Predator) 16 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
AC: (Aerial) 14 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 56 Current: 35
Fort: +8 Reflex: +3 Reflex: (Aerial) +5 Will: +9
Speed: 30 ft., burrow 10 ft.
Speed: (Predator) 50 ft.
Speed: (Aerial) fly 40 ft. (good)

Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

Attacks
Spear +9 (1d6+7 /crit. x3)
Sling +5 (1d3 /crit. x2)
Bite (Predator) +13 (1d4+8 /crit. x2; as magic)
Talon (Aerial) +12 (1d4+7 /crit. x2; as magic)
Breath Weapon (1d8; bludgeoning; Ref 15 for half dmg.)
2 Tentacles (while in Predator) +11 (1d8+7) 10 ft. reach

Spells Prepared:
Spell Save: 14 +SL
3rd level: 3; cure moderate wounds, evard's menacing tentacles (PHB2), evard's menacing tentacles
2nd level: 4; barkskin, bull's strength, heat metal, resist energy
1st level: 4; cure light wounds, faerie fire, goodberry, produce flame
orisons: 5; create water, cure minor wounds, detect magic, light, purify food & drink

Backpack: healer's kit (x2), sunrod (x2), thunderstone (x2), tanglefoot bag (x2), smoke stick(x2), bedroll, 2 wand CLW, 19 pebbles of CSW & 5 pebbles of Remove Disease. food and water.[/sblock]

Fenris

Adventurer
"Before we do, let's try some fire or acid to see if the fungus will retreat." suggests Nerin.

OOC: Did my detect evil come up with anything?

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Lealani looks to see if the trail of fungus looks like it's coming from any certain specific source or it just starts or stops in one spot.

Lealani pulls her dagger our of it's sheath and utters the arcane words, the tip lighting up brightly. She holds it a foot away from some of the fungus and waits to see if there is any reaction.

OOC: I just want to double check these two things didn't get overlooked before we proceed. Otherwise I am assuming they gave us no clues?

Fenris

Adventurer
"Is there some wya to maybe turn off the guardians outside and see if the mycanoids outside could help us understand this fungus?" asks Nerin.

Shayuri

First Post
"Probably not," Mellisande opines. "No one's supposed to be in here unless the guards recognize them anyway. Why bother with a control mechanism? They have those built in."

She makes a squelching noise with her tongue against the back of her teeth for a second, then says, "I think non-magical fire or..."

Abruptly she looks thoughtful.

"It only grows on metal."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Arkos looks confused.

"I'm not following you..."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Arkos Stoneborn
Initiative: +1
AC: 12 (11 flat-footed, 12 Touch) [15 w/ Barkskin]
AC: (Predator) 16 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
AC: (Aerial) 14 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 56 Current: 35
Fort: +8 Reflex: +3 Reflex: (Aerial) +5 Will: +9
Speed: 30 ft., burrow 10 ft.
Speed: (Predator) 50 ft.
Speed: (Aerial) fly 40 ft. (good)

Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

Attacks
Spear +9 (1d6+7 /crit. x3)
Sling +5 (1d3 /crit. x2)
Bite (Predator) +13 (1d4+8 /crit. x2; as magic)
Talon (Aerial) +12 (1d4+7 /crit. x2; as magic)
Breath Weapon (1d8; bludgeoning; Ref 15 for half dmg.)
2 Tentacles (while in Predator) +11 (1d8+7) 10 ft. reach

Spells Prepared:
Spell Save: 14 +SL
3rd level: 3; cure moderate wounds, evard's menacing tentacles (PHB2), evard's menacing tentacles
2nd level: 4; barkskin, bull's strength, heat metal, resist energy
1st level: 4; cure light wounds, faerie fire, goodberry, produce flame
orisons: 5; create water, cure minor wounds, detect magic, light, purify food & drink

Backpack: healer's kit (x2), sunrod (x2), thunderstone (x2), tanglefoot bag (x2), smoke stick(x2), bedroll, 2 wand CLW, 19 pebbles of CSW & 5 pebbles of Remove Disease. food and water.[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: I just want to double check these two things didn't get overlooked before we proceed. Otherwise I am assuming they gave us no clues?

Sorry about missing this. Lighting a dagger magically and bringing it near a patch of fungus creates no discernible reaction. The fungus seems to be growing from the metal of the golems, with no origin point, except that floating spores have been noticed in the tubing between the golems and the machine, with the greater amount of spores being on the golems' end.

Remove ads