The Undiscovered Frontier (Finished!)

Voda Vosa

First Post
"YEah I kinda told that would happen. There might be a way to finish what was started here and have all these golems for ourselves. I think it's worth to try.

GlassEye

Adventurer
"Yes, yes. You both said so," says Arkos a bit snappishly. "But you didn't stop me when I suggested to turn it on. Do either of you have a solution beyond burning the fungus off one small bit at a time?"

Shayuri

First Post
"A couple," Mellisande replies. "Not much we can do -immediately- though."

"Sometimes mushrooms and yuck like this dries out and dies in sunlight. Little magic lights wouldn't be enough, but we could take that dagger out with us and see what happens. We could also try an acid that's made so that it doesn't hurt metal."

She grins.

"Or...we could turn the golems' armor into something other than metal."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Arkos sighs, scowls, and looks around the golem chamber with pursed lips.

"Sunlight? Hmm. Acid seems most feasible; if we can find some. Your transformation idea is interesting but is it within our capability? There is something I could try but I'm not sure; the fungus may feed on the magical emanation...

I have the capability to heat metal to a burning degree. It shouldn't damage the golem unless there are fragile, non-metal parts, and it should kill the fungus presuming they don't feed off the magic of the spell that it would take for me to heat the metal. And if it worked it would take days and days to cleanse all of the golems."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Arkos Stoneborn
Initiative: +1
AC: 12 (11 flat-footed, 12 Touch) [15 w/ Barkskin]
AC: (Predator) 16 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
AC: (Aerial) 14 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 56 Current: 35
Fort: +8 Reflex: +3 Reflex: (Aerial) +5 Will: +9
Speed: 30 ft., burrow 10 ft.
Speed: (Predator) 50 ft.
Speed: (Aerial) fly 40 ft. (good)

Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

Attacks
Spear +9 (1d6+7 /crit. x3)
Sling +5 (1d3 /crit. x2)
Bite (Predator) +13 (1d4+8 /crit. x2; as magic)
Talon (Aerial) +12 (1d4+7 /crit. x2; as magic)
Breath Weapon (1d8; bludgeoning; Ref 15 for half dmg.)
2 Tentacles (while in Predator) +11 (1d8+7) 10 ft. reach

Spells Prepared:
Spell Save: 14 +SL
3rd level: 3; cure moderate wounds, evard's menacing tentacles (PHB2), evard's menacing tentacles
2nd level: 4; barkskin, bull's strength, heat metal, resist energy
1st level: 4; cure light wounds, faerie fire, goodberry, produce flame
orisons: 5; create water, cure minor wounds, detect magic, light, purify food & drink

Backpack: healer's kit (x2), sunrod (x2), thunderstone (x2), tanglefoot bag (x2), smoke stick(x2), bedroll, 2 wand CLW, 19 pebbles of CSW & 5 pebbles of Remove Disease. food and water.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"Not much way around that," Mellisande points out. "Great armies aren't made overnight. Not by us anyway. Try the heat spell on the dagger. It may not matter if the fungus feeds on the magic...if the heat then kills it, who cares if it grows more first? It didn't destroy the invisibility when it fed on it...it just grew. As long as the spell is on the metal, not on the fungus, the feeding doesn't seem to mess with the spell's working."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Arkos nods at Mellisande's response.

"They aren't, I suppose. But being here that long makes me nervous. Ah, well..."

He motions for the dagger to be put on the ground then he casts heat metal upon it.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"I could blast them with daylight, though again, it's magical daylight so it could possibly have the opposite effect."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The heat metal affect seems to do the trick as the fungus shrivels up and falls off of the dagger. You doubt daylight would have a long term affect, as there is enough light pouring through tiny patches of the grime-covered ceiling panes that beams of sunlight do touch upon the surfaces of some of the fungus-infected golems.

Something about acid or solvents tickles Arkos' mind once Mellisande brings the possibility up. It would be easier if he understood Alchemy, but his knowledge of Nature and Survival helps. Arkos realizes that the fungus is nature-based, not native to the Land, and greatly mutated by the Enemy's alien sorcery. The machine highlighted several pieces of information making up the base components of the fungus. There are several jugs of foul-smelling chemicals in the room, and Arkos can attempt to make a DC 25 Survival check in order to mix a concoction that could render the fungus dormant.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Arkos watches the effect of the heated metal over the minute that the spell takes to fully work. As he watches he paces and mutters piecing together the information found and the things they have all discovered since entering the golem hall.

"Wait! You said acid, did you not, Mellisande? I saw barrels of strange liquids stored back there. Maybe we could mix up something..." The mephling scrambles towards the barrels and begins poking around. "Here, help me with this." He motions imperiously for the others to come give him a hand with the mixing.

[sblock=OOC]Considering my track record with the dice roller, some aid another actions will probably be necessary. Aaand, yes. What a surprise. :lol:[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Arkos Stoneborn
Initiative: +1
AC: 12 (11 flat-footed, 12 Touch) [15 w/ Barkskin]
AC: (Predator) 16 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
AC: (Aerial) 14 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 56 Current: 35
Fort: +8 Reflex: +3 Reflex: (Aerial) +5 Will: +9
Speed: 30 ft., burrow 10 ft.
Speed: (Predator) 50 ft.
Speed: (Aerial) fly 40 ft. (good)

Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

Attacks
Spear +9 (1d6+7 /crit. x3)
Sling +5 (1d3 /crit. x2)
Bite (Predator) +13 (1d4+8 /crit. x2; as magic)
Talon (Aerial) +12 (1d4+7 /crit. x2; as magic)
Breath Weapon (1d8; bludgeoning; Ref 15 for half dmg.)
2 Tentacles (while in Predator) +11 (1d8+7) 10 ft. reach

Spells Prepared:
Spell Save: 14 +SL
3rd level: 3; cure moderate wounds, evard's menacing tentacles (PHB2), evard's menacing tentacles
2nd level: 4; barkskin, bull's strength, heat metal, resist energy
1st level: 4; cure light wounds, faerie fire, goodberry, produce flame
orisons: 5; create water, cure minor wounds, detect magic, light, purify food & drink

Backpack: healer's kit (x2), sunrod (x2), thunderstone (x2), tanglefoot bag (x2), smoke stick(x2), bedroll, 2 wand CLW, 19 pebbles of CSW & 5 pebbles of Remove Disease. food and water.[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Arkos believes he has the concoction figured out, but instead it burns a hole in the empty container used for the mixture and scatters along the floor, causing everyone to cover their mouths with their sleeves and scatter. It is decided that Arkos should not try that again.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases