The Undiscovered Frontier (Finished!)

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"While I am not opposed to someone going ahead, I think we should stick together. Since everything here is yet unknown to us, who knows what danger one of us may come across and be unprepared for."

Shayuri

First Post
"If we're close to each other, I can make us pretty hard to spot," Mellisande points out mildly. "Just like I did with the golem building. Not for LONG, but you know...if we need it."

GlassEye

Adventurer
"Sounds like a good plan," says Arkos nodding.

"Ok, all together then. If it is necessary, I could shift into the flying form I used earlier in our journey and fly over." He glances over at the teaching golem. "But now I'm unsure about the local creatures. That form may be noticeable; I'm just not sure how much so. But we'll only resort to that if necessary. Let us go."

[sblock=OOC]Out for Thanksgiving over the next couple of days. I'll be back sometime between Friday and Monday. Hopefully sooner rather than later. Have a good holiday, all.[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini Stats]Arkos Stoneborn
Initiative: +1
AC: 12 (11 flat-footed, 12 Touch) [15 w/ Barkskin]
AC: (Predator) 16 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
AC: (Aerial) 14 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 56 Current: 35
Fort: +8 Reflex: +3 Reflex: (Aerial) +5 Will: +9
Speed: 30 ft., burrow 10 ft.
Speed: (Predator) 50 ft.
Speed: (Aerial) fly 40 ft. (good)

Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

Attacks
Spear +9 (1d6+7 /crit. x3)
Sling +5 (1d3 /crit. x2)
Bite (Predator) +13 (1d4+8 /crit. x2; as magic)
Talon (Aerial) +12 (1d4+7 /crit. x2; as magic)
Breath Weapon (1d8; bludgeoning; Ref 15 for half dmg.)
2 Tentacles (while in Predator) +11 (1d8+7) 10 ft. reach

Spells Prepared:
Spell Save: 14 +SL
3rd level: 3; cure moderate wounds, evard's menacing tentacles (PHB2), evard's menacing tentacles
2nd level: 4; barkskin, bull's strength, heat metal, resist energy
1st level: 4; cure light wounds, faerie fire, goodberry, produce flame
orisons: 5; create water, cure minor wounds, detect magic, light, purify food & drink

Backpack: healer's kit (x2), sunrod (x2), thunderstone (x2), tanglefoot bag (x2), smoke stick(x2), bedroll, 2 wand CLW, 19 pebbles of CSW & 5 pebbles of Remove Disease. food and water.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Using her small size to her advantage, Mellisande is quick and quiet as a mouse...

(Mellisande autosucceeds a DC 10 check. Hide +16 and Move Silently +12 :))

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Nerin attempts to move silently across the fens leading towards the ziggurat, following Mellisande's lead. He and Mellisande notice the group of twelve or so yuan-ti creatures, half-slithering and half-walking just one hundred and fifty feet away. They are walking perpendicular to the party's intended path. They are human-like, but also more alien than all the other races the heroes had contact with, excepting the Myconid. The hairless beings are of human height, with green scaly skin, two arms and two legs, tail, and a reptilian head on each. They walk proudly and carry sturdy spears while decorating themselves with leather cloth and jewelry made from strung beads. You see that three of the more decorated yuan-ti's also wear girdles and have wands hanging from the hip.

Unfortunately, Nerin stomps and breaks a few dried branches on his way for cover, causing the yuan-ti to look in your direction. The party crouches down, but a few of the lead creatures will be upon the heroes' location in three rounds.

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Sensing that they won't be able to avoid combat Arkos shifts into his lizard-like predator form.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Arkos Stoneborn
Initiative: +1
AC: 12 (11 flat-footed, 12 Touch) [15 w/ Barkskin]
AC: (Predator) 16 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
AC: (Aerial) 14 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 56 Current: 35
Fort: +8 Reflex: +3 Reflex: (Aerial) +5 Will: +9
Speed: 30 ft., burrow 10 ft.
Speed: (Predator) 50 ft.
Speed: (Aerial) fly 40 ft. (good)

Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

Attacks
Spear +9 (1d6+7 /crit. x3)
Sling +5 (1d3 /crit. x2)
Bite (Predator) +13 (1d4+8 /crit. x2; as magic)
Talon (Aerial) +12 (1d4+7 /crit. x2; as magic)
Breath Weapon (1d8; bludgeoning; Ref 15 for half dmg.)
2 Tentacles (while in Predator) +11 (1d8+7) 10 ft. reach

Spells Prepared:
Spell Save: 14 +SL
3rd level: 3; cure moderate wounds, evard's menacing tentacles (PHB2), evard's menacing tentacles
2nd level: 4; barkskin, bull's strength, heat metal, resist energy
1st level: 4; cure light wounds, faerie fire, goodberry, produce flame
orisons: 5; create water, cure minor wounds, detect magic, light, purify food & drink

Backpack: healer's kit (x2), sunrod (x2), thunderstone (x2), tanglefoot bag (x2), smoke stick(x2), bedroll, 2 wand CLW, 19 pebbles of CSW & 5 pebbles of Remove Disease. food and water.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"Everyone stay down and don't move," Mellisande hisses under her breath. She concentrates, hearing the music in her mind, but not so much as humming a tune this time. It's hard...it's damn hard...but she feels the magic working even so!

As the Yuan-ti approach, abruptly there's a grunt, and a small boar-ish looking animal bolts from the tall grass, cutting across away from the party and scampering into the woods as if spooked by their coming.

(Using Still Spell to cast Minor Image with a 3rd level slot. Hoping to convince them that the noise they heard was just an animal. :) Will DC to resist, if this is interaction, is 19.)

Last edited:

Remove ads