Anthony Valterra -still around

Hardhead

Explorer
WotC: I'm sorry, Anthony, but we can't afford to employee you anymore.

Anthony: But...

WotC: So you're either going to have to take a volutnary pay cut or be fired.

Anthony: You realize I'm an intern, right?

WotC: Yeah. So if you want to continue working here, it'll cost you $200 per week.

cgplaer2000

First Post
Good to have you back!

Since you are back, I'd like to ask a couple of questions: could you give us some insight into the status of the "gold" patch? There are a fair number of us who have installed the beta patch and are using it. Many people are providing feedback, but I sympathize with whoever it is that has to wade through all the bug reports. Not surprisingly, there are problems that the patch has added, the most important from my perspective is the problems with feats. The home rules generator remains only partially functional since it doesn't provide access to all the field necessary to create, for example, functional magic items that impact on abilities. (BTW, I've forwarded my observations to techsupport, but was using this as an example.)

Are you planning to post somewhere the bug list that Wizards is aware of and the status of each bug?

Finally, recommend that, when you distribute the "gold" patch, that you include a readme file that provides, at a minimum, advice regarding how to back out the beta patch prior to installing the final and offer suggestions regarding how to save user items that may have been added to the database. This is useful information that might help prevent a lot of anguish amongst the customer base.

Thanks for your attention.

Vpenman

First Post
LrdApoc said:
How much further could they cut???

Well, they could pretty much stop producing new D&D stuff and elminate those positions. Just keep reprinting existing books and rely on the D20 guys to provide the new product that will keep people interested.

They could also continue to make money by licensing out rights to do D&D product.

That way, their development costs would drop to 0 and marketing to almost 0. They would need someone to handle licensing and additional print runs, but both of those would be just part, probably a small part, of broader full-time positions.

And think of those profit margins!

Victor

tengu

First Post
Vpenman said:

Well, they could pretty much stop producing new D&D stuff and elminate those positions. Just keep reprinting existing books and rely on the D20 guys to provide the new product that will keep people interested.

They could also continue to make money by licensing out rights to do D&D product.

That way, their development costs would drop to 0 and marketing to almost 0. They would need someone to handle licensing and additional print runs, but both of those would be just part, probably a small part, of broader full-time positions.

And think of those profit margins!

Victor

Please, please, please, DON'T give them any ideas. We want Anthony around for as long as he's willing to work on E-Tools, and I feel that we're more the better for having him around.

That having been said, a belated welcome to the fold and thanks to AV for all he's done.

Remove ads