General Discussion

Aura

Explorer
Thought I'd post on this since it is generally not understood by the populace of LPF:

LPF allows for non-judge players to participate in the review and approval process of new characters. The requirement is at least one of the two approvals required for play needs to come from a judge. Thus, each approved character can have up to one non-judge approval.

For helping the judges in this way, each non-judge approval awards the reviewing player 0.1 DMC (dungeon master credit). DMC's are a sort of currency a player can use for various enhancements. For example, each full DMC can then be turned in for 30 days of time based gold and experience on a single character (the per-day TXP and TGP awards are listed here.) Just multiply those values by 30 to get how much a character of given level would be awarded when the player turns in a full DMC.

Of course, this sort of review of your peers is one to approach with a lot of respect for the player submitting the character. If something is unclear, just ask. Sometimes there is a simple explanation. When the submitting player has the character sufficiently straight to be approved, just go into edit mode, scroll down to the bottom, and add your approval (specify non-judge, please). An example of a character with a non-judge approval (from Scott DeWar in this case) can be found here.

Periodically, one of the judges will go and tally up DMC awards and add them to the player(s) in question.

This policy benefits the entire LPF group by spreading out the approval process over a larger base. Also, it helps new players feel more integrated by providing a sort of 'greeting service' when they pipe up with their characters. In the end, it's good for everyone involved.

PS: Level up approvals are still handled by judges.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
When the submitting player has the character sufficiently straight to be approved, just go into edit mode, scroll down to the bottom, and add your approval (specify non-judge, please). An example of a character with a non-judge approval (from Scott DeWar in this case) can be found here.
I think I might have forgotten to do something . . . . be right back . . . . .

never mind **sheepish grin** someone already took care of this.

jkason

First Post
Poop. It's been so long, I don't remember how to make an adventure page on the wiki to do the categorying and whatnot. Can someone point me to how to do that?

perrinmiller

Adventurer
To add another game to the Adventures auto-page.

a) Edit one of the previous pages like 00_The Ringling Affair

b) Edit source. CTRL-A to select all, CTRL-C to copy. Cancel.

c) Create a new page of 00_Game_Name

d) Edit Source. Paste. Edit the individual fields as appropriate.

e) Add a category of "Game Name" without quotes.

f) Save.

g) Then, click on the category "Game Name" as it is listed at the bottom of the page.

h) Edit that page, just putting in a "." as a placeholder, and adding "Games" to the categories for that page.

i) View http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Adventures?action=purge and that will force a refresh on the Adventures page.

j) For the first 24 hours, the category "Game Name" will not pop up in the drop downs automatically. Eventually it will. But for the first few characters you move into a game, you will have to type it in yourself.

jkason

First Post
Sigh. My patience for learning new toys is clearly limited, so rather than get myself to the point where I want to throw the computer at the wall, I'll just ask now:

Is there no way in ditzie to apply a grid over an image? It seems like something made for strategy mapping would have that basic function, but I can't find it. People keep talking about how great it IS for grid maps, but ... yeah.

I guess I can do something in GIMP to add a grid over the backgrounds I'm doing. I was just hoping to avoid multiple-program image manipulation.

Remove ads