Character Submission Thread

Satin Knights

First Post
Yeah. SKR is the rules department trusted source. JJ is the fluff department director. I have seen several of his opinions stray off in other directions when it comes to rulings.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Looks like you are working on Bipper still please let me know when you are finished.

And for my two cents I would take the rank out of Diplomacy and add it to Perform (Oratory) (A poetry reading half-orc?). Bipper can use intimidate over diplomacy at lvl 1 and then "learn" (advance to level 2) to use his other talents to better negotiate. Also it gives you a better sense motive than that -2.

Not to many arctypes that I like for Bard.

HM

dammitbiscuit

First Post
JJ is the fluff department director.
Ah, he's a useless fluff designer, not a useful crunch designer! Heh, those fluffers always expect the game to flow as smoothly as fiction would... they don't realize real gamers prefer confusion and trap choices to carefully work around!

I'm actually pretty strongly considering just simplifying my life and going Wizard with Bipper. Whereas Bard!Bipper faces many tough decisions as to which feats to take and when, Wizard!Bipper simply pumps his magic.

Differences I see in my head:

• It's trivially easy for Wizard!Bipper to dump Str, grab a 20 int, and be getting only 1 fewer skill point / level than Bard!Bipper. He can still have decent charisma and only be a little bit behind Bardybuns in most respects, skillwise
  • Light armor casting can be gotten with a feat, I think
  • Replace bardic music with insanely better buff spells - Bard!Bipper would kill to be able to hand out Enlarge Person
  • No weirdness and headaches with class features - everything is just awesome spells being awesome with no restrictions
It doesn't even alter his personality or backstory much, it just makes him more useful to himself and his friends. That said I think bards are neat and I'm not sure I want to start again from scratch. When I figure out which adventure I'm supposed to go on, I'll finish up one version of Bipper or another (maybe even a Magus!) just in time for the deadline. ;)

GlassEye

Adventurer
When I figure out which adventure I'm supposed to go on, I'll finish up one version of Bipper or another (maybe even a Magus!) just in time for the deadline.

You should have your character finished and at least one approval before you join an adventure.

Systole

First Post
Well, there's an almost-wizard option of sage-blooded sorcerer. Built exactly like a wizard, but with a Bard-like skill list.

toasterferret

Explorer
Zenswift, I'm looking at your sheet now and cleaning it up for you. I'll edit this post when I'm done.

Edit: OK, I cleaned up your abilities section, combat statistics, and weapon statistics. You need to fill out all the areas for race and class features, as well as tidy up your feat and skill blocks before we can really go over it any further.

Take a look at the pages of some approved characters to get more of an idea of what a completely filled out page looks like.

Last edited:

toasterferret

Explorer
Took another look at Jec.

-Fixed HP. You get max HP at first level, not Max -2

-Added situation +2 to spellcraft as per elven magic

-Added Elven to languages known. You get to pick another 3 due to Jec's INT score. I would suggest Goblin, Draconic, and Sylvan

-Added effects of Point Blank Shot to combat statistics

-Updated skills. Take a look at the way skills work in pathfinder here: Skills - Pathfinder_OGC Long story short, you can only put in ranks up to your HD, but if it's a class skill and you put a rank in it, you get an additional +3 modifier. You had several skills with 2 ranks, so I put those back to 1. You can pick an additional 4 skills to put ranks in now.

-Unless you want to pick 5. You haven't chosen your favored option, so you get to chose from 1 extra skill point per level, 1 extra hp per level, or a 1/2 per level bonus to confirm critical hits with either longswords, longbows, rapiers, short bows, short swords, or anything with "elven" in the name (pick one) (I suggest HP)

-Updated carrying capacity. I would recommend purchasing a backpack and some rudimentary supplies. That 87 gp will be pocket change after your first adventure, and you never know when you will need some rope, torches, etc.

-Cleaned various boxes up so they didn't require scroll bars.

Remove ads